Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Odyn and Guarm Stealth Nerfs

Noticed some nerfs to Odyn and Guarm that have thus far been undocumented.

On Heroic Odyn fight, Hyrja and Hymdall only need to be DPS'd to 90-91% in P2 before they exit the arena (old was 85%).
    On Heroic Guarm enrage timer is now 5 mins, making this fight extremely easy. Odyn is still challenging but much easier to progress on.

Anyone notice any Helya stealth nerfs or changes?

The Odyn nerf makes progression on that *dramatically* easier. Even with suboptimal play they're out so fast in P2 now it completely negates any remote chance of tank danger on that phase.

I don't understand why these nerfs came so soon. The raid has been out for a day...

Guarm nerf was in live, ptr it was 4 mins, patch on tuesday made it 5 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Rico9240 View Post
    Guarm nerf was in live, ptr it was 4 mins, patch on tuesday made it 5 mins.
    This. From all the Guarm normal/heroic tests we observed, Berserk was 4 minutes. Only now on live they decided to put it at 5 minutes, for god knows what reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esinar View Post
    I don't understand why these nerfs came so soon. The raid has been out for a day...
    Maybe because we are not all the 33rd best guild in the world raiding 4 nights a week with rules like:

If you fuck up, not to do it again
    You WILL not pass trial if YOU do NOT talk on Vent/Mumble. If you have no working mic don't bother xfering until you do.

Go raid mythic and stop messing with heroic raids.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Maybe because we are not all the 33rd best guild in the world raiding 4 nights a week with rules like:

You WILL not pass trial if YOU do NOT talk on Vent/Mumble. If you have no working mic don't bother xfering until you do.

Cuz unlike some casual trash - that people actually have brain/skill and ability to do what shitters can't and they demand for BASIC things?. But overall i agree HC version of "just for lulz raid" shouldn't be harder then most of Mythic EM.

Well if you cant do heroic, maybe you should do normal?

10+ Year Old Account
    We started ToV HC last night. We got to Odyn and past the adds a few times, but I didn't find them problematic. Just a lot of things to be aware of.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pu3Ho View Post
    Cuz unlike some casual trash - that people actually have brain/skill and ability to do what shitters can't and they demand for BASIC things?. But overall i agree HC version of "just for lulz raid" shouldn't be harder then most of Mythic EM.
    Normal and HC EN were just for lulz, even my guild got Heroic down in a matter of 2 weeks.
    I am not demanding basic things, I want things to get harder then EN.

Just not go from 1 extreme to the other. What we have now is going from Hand holding teddy bear land were half the raid can die and you can still kill the boss to 5 one shot mechanics you need to avoid while cool downs are running and making a dps check in 4 min.

What happened to middle grounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    The Odyn nerf makes progression on that *dramatically* easier. Even with suboptimal play they're out so fast in P2 now it completely negates any remote chance of tank danger on that phase.
    I don't think it's going to change that much, the hardest part of P2 is basically the ass-raping spears lining up with basically any other ability

EDIT: Also in my experience we rarely had problems with tanks taking too much pressure TBH

Can confirm the recent logs have the minibosses jumping away at 91% instead of 85%, so that will inevitably make P2 a LOT shorter, and easier to deal with for big groups (can leave melee on Odyn so there's more space to spread for horn of valor etc).

As for guarm, I'm 99% sure it has been a 5 minute enrage since it went live; none of the first-kill logs I was looking at yesterday had the boss enrage at 4 mins, so it's not a stealth nerf per say, as the 4 min timer was never in effect. It did make the encounter an absolute joke, though.

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    I don't think it's going to change that much, the hardest part of P2 is basically the ass-raping spears lining up with basically any other ability
    Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post

EDIT: Also in my experience we rarely had problems with tanks taking too much pressure TBH

Assuming the minibosses work the same way as Odyn (and stop their cast after reaching the "deactivation"-point), it changes a lot. All of our minibosses in P2 yesterday were sitting at 91-92% with sloppy switching by the time they finished the cast of their "main"-ability. if hard-switching is enforced (get to the point as it lands rather than after), you'd still have the same odyn dps as you'd get back on the boss A LOT sooner (6% less to do on miniboss), AND you'd skip every single shield/horn in P2. That changes A LOT.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2016-11-10 at 10:37 AM.

Wait, you actually think those rules are not reasonable?

Just how lazy / bad are you?
    You may now kiss the ring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    Wait, you actually think those rules are not reasonable?

Just how lazy / bad are you?
    People make mistakes, its human nature. Not going to kick anyone because of it.
    Some people don't feel comfortable speaking which I can understand. Not going to kick anyone because of it.

Im not in a top 50 world guild, I don't need to act like a douche on the internet to other people in my guild because they aren't flawless.

Odyn did honestly feel slightly overtuned to me, as a mythic raider.

Guarm is fine, can't really comment on Helya because I don't know how hard she's supposed to be on heroic because of her weird ilvl loot.

Deleted
    Some people don't feel comfortable speaking which I can understand. Not going to kick anyone because of it.

Im not in a top 50 world guild, I don't need to act like a douche on the internet to other people in my guild because they aren't flawless.
    *stands in fire*

-hey don't do that again-

*stands in fire again*

WTF WHY IS DIS GAME SO FUARKIN ELITIST DURR HURR

*gets webbed with someone on elerethe*

"Hey, casualbaddie420, can you use a defensive on the first ambush?"

"..."
    *dies*

"Dude, you need to talk."

"WTF WHY IS DIS GAME SO FUARKIN ELITIST DURR HURR"
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    *gets webbed with someone on elerethe*

"Hey, casualbaddie420, can you use a defensive on the first ambush?"

"..."
    *dies*

"Dude, you need to talk."

"WTF WHY IS DIS GAME SO FUARKIN ELITIST DURR HURR"
    Casualbaddie? And you think you'll get a worthwhile discussion starting like that?

Anyway, we have 2/3 people in the raid that don't feel very comfortable talking, it happens.
    Don't see why we should be kicking them if they can do the raid easily enough and are fun to hang around with in game when they can type.

Casualbaddie? And you think you'll get a worthwhile discussion starting like that?

Anyway, we have 2/3 people in the raid that don't feel very comfortable talking, it happens.
    Don't see why we should be kicking them if they can do the raid easily enough and are fun to hang around with in game when they can type.
    You're right, you shouldn't have to kick them. That also doesn't mean you get to point out other guild's rules and ridicule them for something that for 95% of raiding guilds is common place. Talking is a basic requirement because voice is SO much faster than typing. Making mistakes is human nature, repeating the same mistakes is just awful for the rest of your raid.

Common sense rules, not protecting one person's feelings when the rest of the raid is getting annoyed with them. Normal/HC mode mechanics are extremely simple, doing them wrong constantly should not be simply forgiven, it's just silly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some people don't feel comfortable speaking which I can understand.
    Nobody expects smooth smalltalk, but how can't you be so unconfortable that you can't call out important stuff with JUST ONE OR TWO WORDS?
    How can be somebody too unconfortable to say 'I have...' 'Casting....' etc a few times per evening?