Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    Sounds like you did normal mode with high DPS to ignore all the mechanics...

The "nerf" (pre-launch adjustments) was to heroic.
    Unless normal gives you the heroic achievement heroic gear I'm pretty sure this was heroic. Odyn jumped down, and did NOTHING but melee. no raid damage, no debuffs, nothing. Was really let down.

We had a 4min~ kill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    That's a known bug going around atm. There's a few speedkills with extremely low gear where he bugs out and does literally nothing but melee swing and his random raid dmg in p3. It's not the nerf, it's a bug .
    No raid damage in ps3, we got confused...He jumped down, we saved cd's waiting for the add but the add never came so we just kept going... 55% he said something but didnt do anything, 10% he gave up and gave us loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Negato View Post
    Noticed some nerfs to Odyn and Guarm that have thus far been undocumented.

On Heroic Odyn fight, Hyrja and Hymdall only need to be DPS'd to 90-91% in P2 before they exit the arena (old was 85%).
    On Heroic Guarm enrage timer is now 5 mins, making this fight extremely easy. Odyn is still challenging but much easier to progress on.

Anyone notice any Helya stealth nerfs or changes?
    The guarm nerf was live from the moment it hit... and Rightfully so for a heroic boss.... even with our gear our split run first kill was like 4:14 and 2nd group was 4:24 and that was for 876 and 875 average ilvl groups....

They should have left difficulty as it is, even though it was much harder than EN HC, but increased rewards. That's the one thing that did not add up. Why have a raid that is much harder than EN HC but does not really drop much better loot?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by setsuna f seiei View Post
    After just doing HoV and fighting Odyn I'm confused.. we got his adds to 25%, Odyn jumps down and we just lay into him, no runes, no adds, no taunt just wtf.... this nerf is pretty stupid imo.
    That is normal mode. You did not do HC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Odyn and Guarm was easy last night, only had trouble on Helya
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

After just doing HoV and fighting Odyn I'm confused.. we got his adds to 25%, Odyn jumps down and we just lay into him, no runes, no adds, no taunt just wtf.... this nerf is pretty stupid imo.
    So you obviously bugged a boss and killed it without any mechanics and phases and then complain about a nerf? Like wtf, how did you draw that connection?

Quote Originally Posted by avoidconfusion View Post
    They should have left difficulty as it is, even though it was much harder than EN HC, but increased rewards. That's the one thing that did not add up. Why have a raid that is much harder than EN HC but does not really drop much better loot?

- - - Updated - - -

So you're telling me Normal Odyn has 0 abilities and is just a tank and spank? and also grants you the HC achievement and HC loot?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    So you obviously bugged a boss and killed it without any mechanics and phases and then complain about a nerf? Like wtf, how did you draw that connection?
    We pulled the boss, got adds to 25% odyn jumped down and did sweet FA, I log on to MMO champ and see he was nerfed, I came to add my view that the nerf was stupid, I later found out he bugged. It was a 1 pull fight.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esinar View Post
    I don't understand why these nerfs came so soon. The raid has been out for a day...
    Maybe something to do with the boss having more HP than a mythic boss in EN while offering shit rewards in comparison? It's not even a nerf, it's a fix. That boss was overtuned as fuck.

Naw that's a bug man. He still does runes in p2, and all abilities in p3 on normal AFAIK.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with that idea is that you leave a gear gap that's impossible to fill without doing Mythic EN or getting lucky with Titanforged loot. There's only a handful of <4 minutes Heroic Guarm kills and that's including 7/7 guilds, all around 880 ilvl. Now imagine reaching that gear level while only doing Heroic EN and normal ToV.

That's the issue that gets ignored by "just buff the rewards" solution. You cannot include Mythic level loot in boss balance on other difficulties.

We pulled the boss, got adds to 25% odyn jumped down and did sweet FA, I log on to MMO champ and see he was nerfed, I came to add my view that the nerf was stupid, I later found out he bugged. It was a 1 pull fight.
    Yeah, 2 things about that:
    1) You really thought that Blizzards nerf would be deleting ALL of his abilities in p2 and p3? Seriously?
    2) The nerfs are written in the opening post! For everyone to read...

What I find a really annoying trend over the last few years (not only you and not only WoW players, reddit is way worse in that aspect imo) that people just complain about everything without thinking or even reading. Why would you answer to something without reading the initial statement? It makes NO sense at all.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    Yeah, 2 things about that:
    1) You really thought that Blizzards nerf would be deleting ALL of his abilities in p2 and p3? Seriously?
    2) The nerfs are written in the opening post! For everyone to read...
    You're surprised by that? Even without any changes, there are posts along the lines of "hey, this guy we killed last week was easier this week. It can't possibly be because we have superior gear or more practice, was he nerfed?!" There's this irrational fear of nerfs, no matter how justified. People might not even have seen the boss in question and yet they'll claim it was not needed, because someone somewhere managed to kill it.

And yes, some of them totally believe that Blizzard would go that far with nerfs, no matter the difficulty. I suppose that one time when Mythic Nythendra stopped doing anything for 2 minutes (before chaining all of her abilities at once in a killer combo) I should have run to mmoc and cry about sudden nerf.

Things like that have always happened. Random guilds have gotten lucky kills because boss stopped working correctly for a single pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Naw that's a bug man.
    Yeah, looks like side effect of Blizzard's churning out content faster than before is they forfeit proper testing and bugfixing, the amount of small annoying bugs this expansion is not even funny.

Well this one with Odyn is one of the bigger so I hope they fix it asap, especially if some people can just "skip" him on mythic because he's replaced with a target dummy that does nothing?

However bugs like quest talking head 1) not popping properly therefore not giving you the WQ as you enter 2) not having working voice over just being mute 3) spamming you randomly because it's stuck in a loop etc. are the bugs they don't ever bother fixing because "it's not gamebreaking who cares". Very annoying. Not even mentioning endless bugs with order hall questlines and demon hunters.

Oh, yea, and they also added an achievement this patch to complete all of the Murky's world quests and the achievement is bugged too, I have all the requirements fulfilled, no achiev popped.

Would rather have them slower patch release cycle but bug free....
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2016-11-11 at 05:49 PM.

Did Odyn and Guarm (N) last night. Odyn only took us two pulls after getting deep into P3 the first pull, and Guarm we killed on...3rd or 4th pull. Neither fight seemed particularly hard, and our raid ilvl was in the low 860s. Understandably that is higher than the loot that drops there, but still given how much QQ I've read I expected more difficulty and wiping. We'll be trying Heroic for next week's raid, and perhaps that will actually be tough enough to take more than a few pulls to beat a brand new boss...

Gear sucked though, that's for sure lol. Everyone was all, "Anyone want this crap?" Not just the ilvl, but the itemization seemed pretty bad too.

I think it's the dbm timer for Guarm heroic that wasn't good, because we killed him tuesday when we thought he was going to enrage and he never did.

We did normal on Wednesday, and there's definitely runes and all those good things.