10+ Year Old Account

sc brood war upscaled

how to run brood war without upscaling 16:9 ?
    on my home pc i have 1080p monitor and sc runs fullscreen stretched which makes for weird horizontal mouse movement.

however on my laptop eventhough i run it fullscreen and game is not stretched to fit panoramic - game appears square and sides are just black. this is how old bw is meant to be played and apparently its possible. so how can i do that on pc ?

I am sure in your graphic driver settings you should be able to describe the type of screen fitting you want for the game. AFAIK you *cannot* change the res of these old blizz games.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    i tried graphics control panel. set it to not scaling but it didnt affect anything. also i tried disabling scaling in brood war properties but it didnt work either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try downloading mca64launcher. I used that for playing and streaming brood war campaign stuff and it worked fine. If it won't let you mess around with it, at least it should let you run in a locked border window.