Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    do alot of people still play hardcore anymore?

7+ Year Old Account
    I put in about 50-100 hours in the first 2 weeks of each season and then I move on to some other game, and by the time a new season comes out I'm already not burnt out of Diablo, so the whole seasons system is working for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I put in about 50-100 hours in the first 2 weeks of each season and then I move on to some other game, and by the time a new season comes out I'm already not burnt out of Diablo, so the whole seasons system is working for me.
    Maybe playing less is an option? 100 hours in 14 days? Who the hell plays an average of over 7 hours per day, every day.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    IDK I pretty much play the same way. I think people realize that they can extend the season by spreading their time over several weeks instead of just a couple, but the game seems the most active at the start and is pretty addicting in the sense that you get a lot of mass power gains pretty frequently. It's both a blessing and a curse compared to other ARPG that the gearing system is so fast in Diablo.

In PoE leveling is trash (IMO) and gear doesn't really matter a whole lot during it, but you can still have pretty good budget sets as you approach the end game. In that game you can see pretty big power spikes, but things are a bit more flat and gradual as compared to Diablo, and it lasts a lot longer IMO. Different types of games though. I have way more fun leveling in Diablo because it's virtually non-existent, and you can get a lot of big ticket items in several days, which you can't in PoE unless you're lucky (the flip side is you don't always need a lot of big ticket items in that game, because they aren't required, or they are incredibly rare).

I pretty much stop playing once I get around 800 paragon level, and the only upgrades I'm getting is from ancients or putting the gem enchants on legendary gear. At that point it's pretty grindy and you aren't seeing power spikes anymore.

Yup, i do the same. I love the season resets, play 4-5 hours per day until i reach paragon 1000 and good gear, but it gets really boring when the only upgrade is +10 more stat. Then i fool around for a while with different chars and builds, finish the season journey and quit the game. 1 or 2 month latwr new season comes and im hyped as fuck again

But i think this is perfectly fine. It gives a lot of fun and play time for casuals like me, meanwhile diehard pros can hunt for that perfect rift and rank 1 leaderboard. In the downtimes i go back to wow or play some new AAA game. Fits perfectly for me
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2017-03-19 at 10:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    7 hours a day, bloody casuals.

Deleted
    i have D3 on pc and ps4 i love the game on both but it feels more relaxed sitting on my couch in front of my 42" tv playing it on ps4 than sitting at my pc . so i tend to play it more on the ps4.

fun for 3 days then innevitable boredom

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaxa View Post
    fun for 3 days then innevitable boredom
    This .

Yesterday evening I had 2000+ people in public T10 rifts on EU. That's at least 500 games, which is a more than decent amount.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Maybe playing less is an option? 100 hours in 14 days? Who the hell plays an average of over 7 hours per day, every day.
    People with time that enjoy things?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    People with time that enjoy things?
    That's the nicest euphemism for "unemployed leech" I've ever heard. I'll remember that one.

Quote Originally Posted by DenixSphere View Post
    do alot of people still play hardcore anymore?
    Hardcore and a hundred different difficulties don't mix, it's too easy and thus pointless.

Diablo 2 has SO MANY more things you can do compared to D3.

1. Level to 99.
    2. Make a level 90+ enchantress and help ungeared players by creating games and buffing them.
    3. Hellforge rushes for runes
    4. Farm keys.
    5. Farm annihilus.
    6. Farm lower kurast for runes.
    7. Do speedruns
    8. PvP
    9. Farm nightmare flayer jungle for grand charms, then farm gems and use the gems to reroll the grand charms for +1 skill charms.
    10. crafting
    11. ironman runs

In D3, you just do greater rifts. The end.

You could pretty easily fix D3 by just copying over most of the D2 stuff. Create an item or spell or something and the most efficient way to acquire it is to roll new level 1 chars and play through the game. Put some keys of various bosses that you collect to unlock an epic quest that offers some unique and powerful skill or spell. I'd sit down and say we need to add like 15 of these things so its much more than just greater rifts.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-04-04 at 08:27 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    Usually when a new season starts i am really excited, rush to max lvl and get the chapters done.... And then i get bored and forget about the game till next season.

Same this time around, leveled WD to 70, got 4 chapters done same evening, went up to GR55 solo and then i was like "meh".
    The game is just too repetitive to me for longer periods of play, basically once your gems etc. are done all you do is run GR's over and over in the hope you get that 1 upgrade so you can do the same thing on a higher GR lvl.
    I realize it's the same in MMO's etc. but at least there's different things to do there, and new dungeons/raids coming out now and then etc. In D3 it's just GR GR GR GR GR.
    It's certainly fun for a few days every new season but for longer periods it's not my cup of tea.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    That's the nicest euphemism for "unemployed leech" I've ever heard. I'll remember that one.
    I work 9 hours a day and can still put a good chunk of hours into games during the week and even more on the weekend. It's not hard when you are a hermit outside of Work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Love posts like this.

"D2 had so much more to do! Like farm stuff, and also farm stuff, and you could even farm stuff! In D3 you just farm stuff!"
    He also cherry picked non relevant stuff for D2 that he didn't include for D3. A more accurate representation of that list would be: "1. Baal runs""In D3, you just do greater rifts. The end."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Love posts like this.

"D2 had so much more to do! Like farm stuff, and also farm stuff, and you could even farm stuff! In D3 you just farm stuff!"
    Yeah but don't forget that in D2 you could farm stuff whereas in Diablo 3 you can only farm stuff.

Yeah, too many people think that D2 endgame was more structured than D3's one, which it's the opposite for the most part. D2 however was way slower and kept you doing the same stuff over and over because you wanted to do so - strcture was different.

D3 issue is that given how fast is to gear up and progress to GRs, they either need to add some other thing to do, or make another kind of progression that doesn't focus on "do the highest GRs you can otherwise you're just gimping yourself".

D3 main issue is to have a very broad array of options that instead of being explored are gutted and narrowed down for the sake of efficiency, since there's no goal to look forward to.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    I'd happily play D3 if I had someone to play it with. Solo levelling and rifting sucks, and public games are terrible.

Sadly, for me D3 is quite dead, no content for years! Last patch didn't even make it, for average player you could do "all" in about 1-2 days, just that. And speed new patch releses is terrible.