Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

is D3 on pc popular or dead now?

is it worth buying this in terms of playing with randoms?

are groups hard to find and very specific or is it easy to form/join lots of players?

It's easy to find public games with random, a lot harder to be on the exp curve for GR speedfarming. I see people asking for paragon 900+ for GR 80 speed farm, but you could always start your own group... with hookers and blackjack.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Whenever I try to do a random queue for the Season stuff, I'm in queue for 10+ minutes, without finding a group. So I end up just playing on my own.

And yet, I can watch streamers playing PS4 that can random in 30~ seconds. D:

So I'm guessing that Diablo 3 on PS4 is far more popular?
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    Whenever I try to do a random queue for the Season stuff, I'm in queue for 10+ minutes, without finding a group. So I end up just playing on my own.

strange, i have it on xbox one and its dead.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post

Unfortunately Ps4 has the hacked item problem. But I doubt the population is higher tbh anyways just a less seperated playerbase due to no seasons on PS4

You can probably find more people playing D2.
    Hi Sephurik

Diablo 3 is popular at the start of a new season, particularly a season with new stuff obviously. like VERY popular. huge surge in the playerbase.
    currently it feels so dead, because, the new season added nothing new, they didnt change much, and most items stayed the same... its not a patch where people can think of all the new build possibility etc. Only people playing right now are die hard fans.

You should never make diablo 3 your main game, and if you must, I suggest hopping between path of exile, D3 and hopefully new lineage when it comes out, just so youre always around when things are fresh.

Ps4/xbox is hacked to fuck so stay away from there, I joined a game and instantly levelled to 1000+ paragon no choice.

Just wait for necro patch d3 will have a huge surge. and few seasons after as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Diablo 3 is popular at the start of a new season, particularly a season with new stuff obviously. like VERY popular. huge surge in the playerbase.
    currently it feels so dead, because, the new season added nothing new, they didnt change much, and most items stayed the same... its not a patch where people can think of all the new build possibility etc. Only people playing right now are die hard fans.

You should never make diablo 3 your main game, and if you must, I suggest hopping between path of exile, D3 and hopefully new lineage when it comes out, just so youre always around when things are fresh.

Ps4/xbox is hacked to fuck so stay away from there, I joined a game and instantly levelled to 1000+ paragon no choice.

Just wait for necro patch d3 will have a huge surge. and few seasons after as well.
    This is the underlying problem with d3. Seasons don't feel special, they are just a restart button basicly. Season needs to have better gear, runeqords and so. The d3 dev team has been sitting on their ass for a goddamn year doing pretty much nothing. A new class, 2 areas(not made by the dev team btw) and 1 new minor addition to GR in two years. Unless the d3 team consists of one fella this is the slowest fucking pace I've ever seen

10+ Year Old Account
    I own the game on PC, but then I found out how much more enjoyable it is to play on console...and that's saying something, as I am seriously all about PC master race. The game on console is just far superior to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Mega popular for the first couple weeks of a new season. Normal mode has alot of activity for bounties and rifts for level 60 expert and above. GR on mid-to-high torment levels is where the queues start to lengthen.

Doesnt matter if the game is dead. You will still find enough ppl to play it and there isnt any large scale player interaction. As long as you fill up a grp (4 ppl) you are fine. While it is arguably not a very good ARPG you will still get more then your money worth of enjoyable gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    but you could always start your own group... with hookers and blackjack.
    in fact, forget the group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3 is very well alive. Just because a vocal minority talks about being unhappy with the game and the repetitiveness of the seasons does't mean that the entire playing community is tired of it, nor does it mean that it's dead. The number of people playing is dwindling down I'm sure but that comes with Diablo, especially in periods where there isn't much new content being released in the new patches. So to answer you question: the game is far from dead and you'll find people to play with. Once the Necromancer patch comes out, there will be an even larger number of players playing the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    You can probably find more people playing D2.
    lol no

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

I'd honestly look around and buy it on sale.

You'll get pretty bored, it's flatout simple, mindless, 'no illusions in front of the hamster wheel' grind.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Dead. I usually come back for seasons and see a lot friends do the same but I haven't seen anyone playing this in a long time.

I mean its basically a single player game, but at most you need 3 people to be playing with to maximize your interaction. Does it matter if its "dead?"

If by "dead" you mean they stopped developing it, its not.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Alive maybe going to dead soon? Some of my friends are still playing it.

Deleted
    It is still a good game, though, its popularity has definitely waned through the years. I still find it enjoyable, though.

Everyime I decide to play it I have so much fun, It's just I have no time to dedicate to it while I play WoW

Deleted
    Its pretty dead. There is just nothing new. The Seasons are the same over and over again with nearly no changes. I played the first 7 Seasons or so, but only for a Week each. There always comes a point when you got your BiS Gear and would have to farm for Ancient Items with good Rolls and thats just not worth it. It takes you 10% of the time to get 90% out of your char and the last 10% of power take 90% of the time.

I did all the Conquests for the Pets/Stashspace etc and then quit.