Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry Colin Kaepernick sat during national anthem for injustice, didn't vote

Basically, American Football player sits during anthem for injustice, but didn't bother to vote.

Do you think he just did it for attention, money, interviews, ect?

Or

All the other options including Hillary were just as bad as Trump?

Fucking idiot.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

1. Who cares

2. Was he pissed about the election? I really can't be bothered watching 'news' i.e, gossip

3. If he was pissed, hes a fucking mongoloid for not voting. If he wasn't pissed then who gives a fuck. If he doesn't want to be part of the process, let him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Americans really to be outraged about un-important bullshit.
    Why is this news?

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, a lot of democrates didn't vote according to CNN...Hillary was down from Obama in every demographic.

Here's how I look at it, I 100% agree with Kaepernick's reason for doing it and those that are mad and don't get it... be mad, it's not for you anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Who? And why do I care? Also, voting is a right, not a mandate. If there are no candidates that you feel like voting for, you've every right to not vote. The opinions are drivel of others are irrelevant.

hahahahahahahahahaaha America, goddamn you guys love bullshit.
    whoooooooo cares

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess we have choice but to deport him now, right?

/s

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know...but more and more I wonder if it's for attention...because he sure isn't getting any attention with him team in the crapper with their current 1/7 record. Few years ago he was getting tons of attention and his team was in the superbowl...now no one gives a damn about him because his team isn't going anywhere.

Deleted
    If the choices available seem equally bad, which is an opinion he's allowed to have, then not voting for either of them is a perfectly valid statement. Doing so increases the number of people who didn't vote, which sends a clear message to both parties, which is that their choices for presidential candidates are horrible, and they need to get their heads out of their asses. It also sends the message that he doesn't believe in the voting process, and feels like it makes no difference who he votes for. This, of course, doesn't make sense to someone who's for either Trump or for Hillary, and of course those people feel insulted because he didn't vote for their candidate.

If a guy thinks the country is in such a state, that he chooses to protest the national anthem, then protesting the horrible candidates by not voting for either of them makes all the sense in the world.

But, again, this is unacceptable for all those people who feel like he should've voted for their candidate.

Deleted
    Who cares what that moron thinks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    If the choices available seem equally bad, which is an opinion he's allowed to have, then not voting for either of them is a perfectly valid statement. Doing so increases the number of people who didn't vote, which sends a clear message to both parties, which is that their choices for presidential candidates are horrible, and they need to get their heads out of their asses. It also sends the message that he doesn't believe in the voting process, and feels like it makes no difference who he votes for. This, of course, doesn't make sense to someone who's for either Trump or for Hillary, and of course those people feel insulted because he didn't vote for their candidate.

If a guy thinks the country is in such a state, that he chooses to protest the national anthem, then protesting the horrible candidates by not voting for either of them makes all the sense in the world.

But, again, this is unacceptable for all those people who feel like he should've voted for their candidate.
    Except one would think he would vote for Clinton seeing as Trump isn't exactly favored by the minorities...you know...the people he was protesting for? I do kinda wonder if it was all just a publicity stunt for attention so no one have given a fuck about him since the Superbowl and his team just keeps getting worse and worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Doing so increases the number of people who didn't vote, which sends a clear message to both parties, which is that their choices for presidential candidates are horrible, and they need to get their heads out of their asses. .
    You're so very naive.

Deleted
    He started his 'protest' during the Obama presendency, so he was unhappy with the state of things then. Whatever you think about him, not voting for either more of the same or an in his mind probably even less palatable alternative, looks to be congruent with his message.

(I find his behaviour questionable from the aspect that - in my opinion - he gets paid to represent the NFL and the 49ers from the moment he enters the stadium and should leave his political agenda outside. Personally I don't care about the political opinion of celebrities, but they obviously have the right to communicate it.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Except one would think he would vote for Clinton seeing as Trump isn't exactly favored by the minorities...you know...the people he was protesting for?
    Maybe he doesn't appreciate Grandma Clinton calling people superpredators.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you the new TriggeredAce?

Hes a terrible QB so I can count of them losing and not covering the spread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    You don't need to vote to have an opinion.

Just because some idiot redneck went and voted for Trump doesn't mean my opinion is less valid than theirs because i am not participating in a broken system.
    If it was more than a publicity stunt for a desperate player on a dead end team...why not stand up fully for what you believe in? Or is it only worth standing up for your cause when it's on TV and the net for millions to see?

No wonder the 49ers are playing like a bunch of San Francisco hippies.

He needs to concentrate on winning the 49ers a few games rather than activism
    I must remember not to post stupid stuff when very drunk.