Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    @Polarthief: Funny thing is, we had gone through CoS 10 and done it with minor issues, just a couple deaths before preventing us from getting a +2 key, it was 11 specifically

Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    Or you could learn to play your class and meet a DPS check.
    Last pull we had 390k, 360k, 330k with our dpsers, still didn't make it; and were going with the guild's main tank and main healer to boot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tuvarkz View Post
    @Polarthief: Funny thing is, we had gone through CoS 10 and done it with minor issues, just a couple deaths before preventing us from getting a +2 key, it was 11 specifically

Last pull we had 390k, 360k, 330k with our dpsers, still didn't make it; and were going with the guild's main tank and main healer to boot.
    all very well but fact remains 10 and 11 cos is rough but by no means super hard

Deleted
    Yes, mechanically the dungeon is not hard. The issue is that the last boss becomes a gear check rather than something where knowing the mechanics makes the fight doable.

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    DHT+14 is 100% doable, but +15 is just an another thing. The +22% additional damage makes a huge difference - the nightmare bolts base damage is like 3.4mio. There are only few, maybe only one class which is able to survive multiple bolts in a row (at current gear levels).
    Prot Warriors have access to a talent called Safeguard that makes intervene transfer 20% of dmg taken to the warrior for 6s. This transforms a 3.5m Nightbare bolt to a 2.8m Nightmare bolt which some classes might be able to survive with flask and stat pot without using a mitigation/immunity CD to safe it for the channel. I haven't been there on anything higher than 11 though. It's not easy to intervene the right person quick enough as you need to have arrived on them with your charge for Safeguard to start but it's possible. And you have to make sure you don't fear people by charging to them, so it's a bit risky too.

Raven Eidolon from Karazhan is also a good trinket for the transition aoe at 50% HP of Xavius. It transfers 50% of damage taken of all party members to you (up to ~150k from everyone). It's not only great to use this as a tank and nullify 150k damage on everyone with absorbs or mitigation CD but I can see mages or rets using it as well with immunity maybe. Might not be worth it to sacrifice your immune for this, as you may need it when being the target of the channel maybe. It does help by having a lot of stamina too though.
    Last edited by Stallion; 2016-11-13 at 11:38 AM.

Yes, mechanically the dungeon is not hard. The issue is that the last boss becomes a gear check rather than something where knowing the mechanics makes the fight doable.
    Well yeah that's what I meant.

We also did have issues with the first boss because our DK was half asleep and pulled the first 2 packs early so we had to deal with 2 permanently active beacons... >_>
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Mythic+ is nothing more then a gear check? That's why gear is not normalised.

You have to use a personal if you get targeted, it just requires a respec every class has the ability to deal with it fine.

Deleted
    CoS +15 Tyrannical is horrible, the whole dungeon is relatively easy until the last boss which is an insane throughput check, you have to have lucky buffs (10% damage + haste or crit) after about 1m45s the damage becomes unhealable so you have to nuke him down in under 2 minutes max, every dps player will have to do something along the lines of 600k dps, which is doable obviously, but only with good gear and buffs. Other bosses that are insane with tyrannical +15 are Xavius and Wrath of Azshara, HoV probably takes the cake as the hardest dungeon overall with tyrannical though as all the bosses apart from Odin are difficult whereas most dungeons it's usually only one that's hard. Having said that the affixes this week are the easiest in the rotation and I think most high end players who want the +15 ach will get it this week if they don't already have it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Mythic+ is nothing more then a gear check? That's why gear is not normalised.
    You are misrepresenting my argument. I am specifically talking about Melandrus, whose mechanics involve constantly increasing damage to the party, further amplified by M+ and Tyrannical, turn that specific fight into a gear check. Saying m+ is nothing more than a gear check would be obviously wrong.

You are misrepresenting my argument. I am specifically talking about Melandrus, whose mechanics involve constantly increasing damage to the party, further amplified by M+ and Tyrannical, turn that specific fight into a gear check. Saying m+ is nothing more than a gear check would be obviously wrong.
    No I understood you fine, I am saying that mythic+ is nothing but a gear check, barely any encounter is mechanicly difficult? Almost every dungeon at +14 or above is a gear check against your healers mana, your tanks cooldowns, your groups healthpool and against the timer. Every boss has 3/4 mechanics so.

Deleted
    In most cases gear is not the responsible factor to not be able to finish something. It is very rare gear is responsible for a "gate". Melandurs is actually the only one encounter with tyrannical at 14/15 which requires the highest itemlevel available (only for hp pool), which currently no one has.

In most cases gear is not the responsible factor to not be able to finish something. It is very rare gear is responsible for a "gate". Melandurs is actually the only one encounter with tyrannical at 14/15 which requires the highest itemlevel available (only for hp pool), which currently no one has.
    People this week have done 15 CoS within the timer without the highest available item level so clearly someone has (on eu.)

10+ Year Old Account
    People this week have done 15 CoS within the timer without the highest available item level so clearly someone has (on eu.)
    They have? I was under the impression that you needed ~3mil group wide dps to beat the soft enrage he has

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...n=2&boss=11571

None logged this week. I'm not saying it hasn't been done but in those logs I don't think there was tyrannical.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...n=2&boss=11571

None logged this week. I'm not saying it hasn't been done but in those logs I don't think there was tyrannical.
    Someone I happen to know has done it, this person has done 15 more then once before tho, they also don't log. With the right comp and gear levels its doable.

Deleted
    i hate this phrase a lot, but this only time i will use it: screen or it didn't happen

i hate this phrase a lot, but this only time i will use it: screen or it didn't happen
    I'll do you one better, I'm doing 15 CoS right now so I'll make my own screenshot if we manage.

ps: I also don't know how you suggest for me to supply a screenshot ? The guild thing only shows 15, not in the time and I doubt they made one.
    Last edited by Nuckels; 2016-11-14 at 10:27 PM.

I'll do you one better, I'm doing 15 CoS right now so I'll make my own screenshot if we manage.

ps: I also don't know how you suggest for me to supply a screenshot ? The guild thing only shows 15, not in the time and I doubt they made one.
    if you are using gottagofast it remains after you pass, else just screenshot @ like 5% on the last boss we'll see the keystone info
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    if you are using gottagofast it remains after you pass, else just screenshot @ like 5% on the last boss we'll see the keystone info
    No I ment from the gruop that already did it, I know how to do it for myself, but we are continueing tomorrow, its completely doable its just rng on what dps buffs you get.

If you mouseover the 15 court in your mythic dungeons tab it'll show the time, at least
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."