Simplest Assass build to play

While doing progression, I am looking for the build that takes the least attention, but still gives good if not top dps, while learning the boss mechanics. Any suggestions?

My personal choice would be:

- Hemorrhage (Use it to buff your other Bleed damages, Rupture and Garrote);
    - Nightstalker (The 20% movement speed and 50% bonus damage while stealthed are no joke. Use Vanish mid fight to buff Rupture damage when you need burst);
    - Vigor (The extra energy regen really fits the "build that takes the least attention" theme);
    - Cheat Death (Gives you an extra life if you mess up some mechanic);
    - Prey on the Weak or Thuggee (Helps with adds, whichever is fine);
    - Exsanguinate (Crazy burst damage);
    - Venom Rush (Good energy regen).

Use EP instead of Hemorrhage and you have the easiest Assa build, you won't need to check up Hemo debuff, but also - it's right now probably the best build.
    And also - deeper strategem doesn't really take that much attention and it's much better to organize your CP.

So long as you have 100% or so in mastery

Master Poisoner - Your agonizing poison receives a boost from this and it is a minimal dmg loss compared to EP and you can continue to use 5-6 combo point envenoms poison bomb also does a sneaky amount of damage when combined with this
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Nightstalker - Huge DPS increase for opener and burst if you time Vanish with Vendetta.
    Deeper Strategem - There's really no other viable talent here. More CPs and 10% extra dmg to finishing moves. No brainer.
    Cheat Death or Elusiveness - Dmg. reduction/survival, you pick.
    Thuggee - Resets CD on Garrote when target enemy dies. Pretty valuable on fights like Ilgynoth and Renferal with lots of adds.
    Agonizing Poison - This talent takes A LOT of the guess work and maintenance out of the spec. Exsanguinate can really throw a tailspin on your bleeds, so going with this talent greatly reduces the amount of attention needed to do well.
    Venom Rush - More energy. Not really a choice here.

I use this build when I'm teaching new players the raids, I feel like being lazy with my rotation, and leading progression raids. EP is probably better but if you're focusing on mechanics this makes your rotation brain dead easy.

here are some of my personal logs. Most of my normal bests are with this exact build.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...er/8500472/10/
    Last edited by Danto; 2016-11-11 at 04:27 PM.

Easiest build to play is hands down the EP/AP build. I can't vouch for Master Poisoner yet because I don't think any Rogues have enough mastery for that yet.

Talents:
    Elaborate Planning - With ~60% uptime you'll see big DPS increases, relatively easy to maintain using finishers.
    Nightstalker - Huge DPS increase for opener and burst if you time Vanish with Vendetta.
    Deeper Strategem - There's really no other viable talent here. More CPs and 10% extra dmg to finishing moves. No brainer.
    Cheat Death or Elusiveness - Dmg. reduction/survival, you pick.
    Thuggee - Resets CD on Garrote when target enemy dies. Pretty valuable on fights like Ilgynoth and Renferal with lots of adds.
    Agonizing Poison - This talent takes A LOT of the guess work and maintenance out of the spec. Exsanguinate can really throw a tailspin on your bleeds, so going with this talent greatly reduces the amount of attention needed to do well.
    Venom Rush - More energy. Not really a choice here.

Just my opinion. You'll need 120%+ Mastery for this spec to be remarkable on DPS. Anything less and you may just want to stick with Exsanguinate, which is a bit more tricky at times. Making the rotation any easier wouldn't promote very good DPS.
    I really don't know who it was who forced the idea into everyone's head that you need 120%+ mastery for agonizing poison to be viable over exsanguinate. No You Don't. I have only 78% base mastery and I am pulling 430k dps on ursoc with EP / AP, and no, I have neither the boots nor the bracers. The only way to tell if a build is viable for you is if you test it out yourself on the raiding dummy.

I'd really like to see logs of you pulling 430k DPS with 78% Mastery before I'd believe that for a second. Maybe your burst opener hits that high, but I'm super skeptical that you sustain that unless your ilevel is just really high with crap Mastery. Numbers don't lie, people do.

I don't want to derail this thread, but don't be misinformed. When thousands of Rogues claim something but one guy disagrees... think about that for a second. Especially when he presents no logs to back it up.

I agree Master Poisoner virtually removes ALL skillcap from the spec. If OP is willing to sacrifice 40-50k DPS for this, then by all means go for it. You'll have plenty of attention to afford to not stand in fire.
    warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/15571035/10/

If i'm a fresh 110 rogue should I be gearing up for EP/AP build?

I had a super-high mastery for a moment due to that stupid bubble-neck and I did run master poisoner and did fine. I might actually recommend that to my raid leader who plays sin and obviously has a lot to keep track of.

Robot shows me losing about 15k going master poisoner but it would still be pretty good. And when you consider the mistakes an old guy like me makes with EP, it's probably even closer.

go hemo/agonizing
    no pooling, no need to cares about buff/debuff refreshing to maximize dps thanks hemo having pandemic.
    with 3 or more target i thinks is better to switch alacrity, so its even simpler if you dont want care about maximizing dp procs

I'm still running EP/Exang with 42% crit and 112% mastery. For those of you who are running with AP, do you switch to DP for trash?

Quote Originally Posted by naknekm View Post
    While doing progression, I am looking for the build that takes the least attention, but still gives good if not top dps, while learning the boss mechanics. Any suggestions?
    t15: Master Poisoner (totally passive, close to competitive in this build)
    t30: Deeper Strategem (the only choice, still totally passive)
    t45: Cheat Death (totally passive and competitive)
    t60: Thuggee (QoL upgrade. Not optimal in certain situations, but the go-to in raids)
    t75: Agonizing Poison (while there is some nuance to this, it is mostly passive. EX is much more involved, though not necessarily harder to play)
    t90: Lemon Zest (The only choice in this row, totally passive, actually called Venom Rush)

Quote Originally Posted by Calycia View Post
    I'm still running EP/Exang with 42% crit and 112% mastery. For those of you who are running with AP, do you switch to DP for trash?
    Depending on the content sure. But I usually full on switch to outlaw for low M+, and AP will work better for you if the adds live long enough to hit 5 stacks, even in AoE.

If you got assassin bracers MP just shits all over EP build. Simulationcraft does not register the increase in poison bomb or kingsbane damage with zod bracers.

My sim has max poisonbomb damage at 420k, in reality which i have tested and logged its 640k.

So ya, just cause EP sims higher and the vast vast majority of mut rogues are using it.... expect MP builds to start showing up at the top of wow logs+it's even easier to use.

Deleted
    Maximizing the uptime of SoT/Envenom/EP is for every spec very helpful to min max the dps. the 4.5sec rule is working for all specs we can play.

Little side note: i am practising a lot at the dummy and sometimes i'm going to spec something unusual. MP/Alacrity is performing only 5% lower than ep/exsang or ep/ap with unoptimized gear for this spec. MP in combination with DP requires a maximum of attacks to work well, so haste is becoming very useful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeclipse View Post
    warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/15571035/10/
    Nice log on Ursoc hc; that makes me wonder though, what happened on your other Ursoc logs? A few ilevels earlier you were almost 200k below that log. On normal the same week, you did 70k less DPS on a shorter kill time.

Maybe you got pretty lucky with everything lining up and that low mastery is not optimal for AP, instead EP/Exsang would give you more constant results? Who knows.

Nvm /10char