Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Ben Carson very likely to become the Secretary of Education

This is the very same man who believes the Earth is 10,000 years old and creationism should be taught alongside evolution in the public school system.

He also has his own theory on the pyramids:

“My own personal theory is that Joseph built the pyramids to store grain,” Carson said in a 1998 commencement speech at Andrews University, unearthed by BuzzFeed. “Now all the archaeologists think that they were made for the pharaohs’ graves. But, you know, it would have to be something awfully big — when you stop and think about it, and I don’t think it’d just disappear over the course of time — to store that much grain.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrqShRhxJBM

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    This is going to be a entertaining 4 years.

Where is the; "Ben Carson benefited from Affirmative Action"?
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2016-11-11 at 06:00 PM.

This cabinet is going to be the biggest collection of idiots on the planet isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun times ahead folks. Some good comedy.

Is he going to introduce the kindergarten nap time into every level of education?

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I wonder how much of this is just throwing them a bone and saying they are his potential choices, even though he has someone else in mind completely.
    Hopefully all of it.

I wonder how much of this is just throwing them a bone and saying they are his potential choices, even though he has someone else in mind completely.
    I hope so. Secretary of Education should be someone with experience in education. Not someone who denies basic science.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I hope so. Secretary of Education should be someone with experience in education. Not someone who denies basic science.
    LoL! You think they are going to pick someone who believes in science? Also, OMG! This guy is an neurosurgeon, I can't believe his is so fucking stupid.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/...aign-education

This and Ben Carson sort of said he'd want to be in charge of education, rather than health and human services. Recently, there have reports of Ben Carson being somehow part of Trump's cabinet.
    Last edited by Sun; 2016-11-11 at 06:16 PM.

Deleted
    Isn't Carson a really really good surgeon? you'd think he wouldn't be a total idiot

10+ Year Old Account
    This cabinet is going to be the biggest collection of idiots on the planet isn't it?
    Not on the planet, no... There are many crazy governments. Till very recently, for example, in Burma the dictator hired a lot of "oracles", "shamans", "mages" and such as advisers, as he believed in all kinds of occult practices. Or, look at the current government in Philippines: it makes Trump's advisers look like Einsteins.

Among the first world countries though... Yeah, this cabinet is a strong contender.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Isn't Carson a really really good surgeon? you'd think he wouldn't be a total idiot
    He is good at what he does, but, as it often happens, he should have stuck with his profession.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    He is actually a brilliant surgeon. A neurosurgeon. First to separate conjoined twins. He graduated from Yale and the U of Michigan Medical school. Had residency at John Hopkins, one of if the best hospital in the world. His fucking resume is incredible. Yet he is stuck on stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun View Post
    https://www.insidehighered.com/news/...aign-education

This and Ben Carson sort of said he'd want to be in charge of education, rather than health and human services. Recently, there have reports of Ben Carson being somehow part of Trump's cabinet.
    It's hard to see how it'd relate to DoE policies, but I agree with him on this much:
    A few weeks later Carson weighed in on the student protests over racial discrimination that roiled the University of Missouri at Columbia. Speaking on Fox News, he said the Missouri students were engaged in "infantile behavior," adding that "we're being a little bit too tolerant, I guess you might say, accepting infantile behavior. I don't care which side it comes from. To say that I have the right to violate your civil rights because you're offending me is un-American."

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    He is actually a brilliant surgeon. A neurosurgeon. First to separate conjoined twins. He graduated from Yale and the U of Michigan Medical school. Had residency at John Hopkins, one of if the best hospital in the world. His fucking resume is incredible. Yet he is stuck on stupid.
    This tends to happen to educated professionals who enter into politics, doesn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhedinn View Post
    That is a level of victim blaming even morons in the US can't reach...
    MMO-C moderation, just a peg above Fox News

To say that I have the right to violate your civil rights because you're offending me is un-American.
    Such a nice thing to say...if he would see both sides of the medal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun View Post
    This is the very same man who believes the Earth is 10,000 years old and creationism should be taught alongside evolution in the public school system.

He also has his own theory on the pyramids:

“My own personal theory is that Joseph built the pyramids to store grain,” Carson said in a 1998 commencement speech at Andrews University, unearthed by BuzzFeed. “Now all the archaeologists think that they were made for the pharaohs’ graves. But, you know, it would have to be something awfully big — when you stop and think about it, and I don’t think it’d just disappear over the course of time — to store that much grain.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrqShRhxJBM
    Great. But if you think they are gonna start teaching the bible in school your crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    It's hard to see how it'd relate to DoE policies, but I agree with him on this much:
    He's also claims women who terminate their pregnancies are akin to "slave owners"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...de-overturned/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Great. But if you think they are gonna start teaching the bible in school your crazy.
    They obviously aren't, but it goes to show, he of all people, should NOT be in charge of education.

Ben Carson separated conjoined twins. He has that quiet voice that keeps the nurses calm when there's an emergency.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Comedy Central needs to give us a Lil Trump show now.

You thought Lil Bush was great? The comedic gold we can get out of these stooges will be amazing.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation