Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    When 7.1.5 changes come out and Unholy doesn't get buffs, that's when you make noise.

Not from them nerfing a ridiculously overpowered spec-defining single item gated by luck and the RNG. I'm all for that.
    Currently the only way to not be utterly shit with unholy is get bracers.
    So at least the lucky ones from us can enjoy plaing a class that actually is somewhat competetive.

The fact that we are having issues with scaling and are laging behind was obvious, it was presented to blizz by a lot of respective members of DK community.
    What did we get after the promise to look into it?
    A buff to DC, which is still shit after the buff.

Now they don't say a word about buffing the spec, but say that the only thing that makes the spec viable will be nerfed.
    I can see where the outrage is coming from.

Take S2M from the shadow priests and they will be pretty unhappy too.

While I don't have bracers. And I find it ridiculous that you need to rely so much on RNG for your spec to be doing any good damage I also understand that if they just nerf the bracers and don't address the issues of the spec it'll just lead to guys with bracers being as shit as the rest of us.

I think this nerf is a good thing, and it's ridiculous how as it is right now, uh dk -NEEDS- bracers to be competitive.

I'm not going to do Skip Bayless-style HOT TAKES and whine about Unholy. I'll reserve judgement until actual patch notes with class buffs/nerfs surface. Until then... I'll stay Frosty

When 7.1.5 changes come out and Unholy doesn't get buffs, that's when you make noise.

Not from them nerfing a ridiculously overpowered spec-defining single item gated by luck and the RNG. I'm all for that.
    We waited for hotfixes in 7.0, we waited fo 7.1, we're still waiting for hotfixes in 7.1.

When can we stop waiting? It's the same nonsense every fucking time someone wants to point out the flaws. People popping their heads up like gophers to chant the usual mantra "wait for next patch, don't complain now, don't anger the Blizzard"

Just let us make the noise and go back in your hole.

I didn't mean to imply we should wait until 7.1.5 hit live servers-- I was talking about PTR, which will be next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Just let us make the noise
    This!
    Making noise works, the louder the better. Look at Shadowpriests, they were about to get nerfed, threw a huge fit in the forums and their nerfs got cancelled.
    Kerathane Main DK

I dont care what he said, i just got the belt 5mins ago!

Was a good run, but unfortunately the spec is no longer playable.
    Oh well, maybe there will be a patch where they rebalance some things at some point.
    Probably not though.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Thing is, no one knows by how much they'll nerf it.
    And everyone whining about how their BiS legendary is getting nerfed, think of the majority of people who don't have their BiS legendary, let alone a good one.
    There are plenty of competitive Unholy DK's out there who don't have the "godly bracers".

Anyone who plays the class knows that the change despite a nerf is healthier for DKs and it will force Blizzard to actually buff DKs. Crying because an extremely overpowered legendary is getting nerfed is just pure whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    Anyone who plays the class knows that the change despite a nerf is healthier for DKs and it will force Blizzard to actually buff DKs. Crying because an extremely overpowered legendary is getting nerfed is just pure whining.
    I agree with you, however I have very little faith left in Blizzard's ability to actually pull it off in a manner that satisfies me.

They promised they wouldn't switch spec-hierarchy so we wouldn't feel like we wasted a fuckton of time and AP on the wrong spec but that happened.
    They promised buffs but all we got was death coil bullshit.

Their track record is far from ideal, and at this point less my hopes have been stomped pretty far into the ground.

But I agree that the idea is solid.

Deleted
    Got the bracers a while ago, finally i am competitive with the rest of my guildies. But even with bracers, if i am 75-99 percentile, any other class beats me if they play at the same percentile.

I cant really imagine how demotivating it is gonna be with the nerf to the bracers unless they lift the class up as a whole, as they should. The bracers to make too much of an impact, and it is annoying having to use them as a crutch just to stay on meters, while mages just blast ahead.

Hopefully UH dk's will get some real buffs and a nerf to bracers so it will be more about personal skill in rotations under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    I agree with you, however I have very little faith left in Blizzard's ability to actually pull it off in a manner that satisfies me.

They promised they wouldn't switch spec-hierarchy so we wouldn't feel like we wasted a fuckton of time and AP on the wrong spec but that happened.
    They promised buffs but all we got was death coil bullshit.

Their track record is far from ideal, and at this point less my hopes have been stomped pretty far into the ground.

But I agree that the idea is solid.
    They got Frost from worst melee DPS into above average, I myself have a bit of faith

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Thing is, no one knows by how much they'll nerf it.
    And everyone whining about how their BiS legendary is getting nerfed, think of the majority of people who don't have their BiS legendary, let alone a good one.
    There are plenty of competitive Unholy DK's out there who don't have the "godly bracers".
    Plenty is kind of a stretch.
    Take mythic ursoc, for example, among top100 DPS UH DKs there will be ~10% of the guys without the bracers, and the first ~30 will be only people with bracers.
    You can go below. Top200 the situation is similar. Top300. Top400. After the 500 you start seeing more or less the same amount of people with bracers to the people without them.

So there are some people that manage (due to a ridiculously high skill and some RNG luck) to do damage close to people having the bracers.
    However there is nothing plenty in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skazord View Post
    Ye, only make noise after 7.1.5, and then wait until 7.2.5 for actual changes, right? Oh, but when 7.2.5 launch comes around, don't make too much noise, because we don't know what will be in 7.2.5 either and they might fix it, so too much noise then will be bad too. Oh well, there's always 7.3.5, no?

Sorry m8, I don't agree with you. The best time to make noise and make us heard is right before balance changes. We didn't get any indication that Unholy will be getting significant changes (like other specs got), so there's no reason to have any sliver of hope or optimism, after getting shafted as hard as Unholy did in 7.1.
    Nah you're nust all about that uninformed universal knee jerk QQ. What an ouy of context dk nerf!? Better get loud, safties off boys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boneflayer View Post
    nerfing the strong ones, like the Fire Mage Pyroblast one and the Unholy Bracers..
    So, a nerf to a complementary item most of us don't even have yet is going to cripple my performance? Seems legit.

In other news, my AMS cloak will get 15 ilvl of stats, and possibly even get buffed to have a DPS-friendly effect.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

feeling very frustrated

a 10% buff to death coil will not be a solution to nerfing the bracers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skazord View Post
    Ye, only make noise after 7.1.5, and then wait until 7.2.5 for actual changes, right? Oh, but when 7.2.5 launch comes around, don't make too much noise, because we don't know what will be in 7.2.5 either and they might fix it, so too much noise then will be bad too. Oh well, there's always 7.3.5, no?

Sorry m8, I don't agree with you. The best time to make noise and make us heard is right before balance changes. We didn't get any indication that Unholy will be getting significant changes (like other specs got), so there's no reason to have any sliver of hope or optimism, after getting shafted as hard as Unholy did in 7.1.
    thats not how it works

if we wait to even complain the devs will go "oh i didnt know unholy was a problem because noone complained"

horse crap

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    Currently the only way to not be utterly shit with unholy is get bracers.
    So at least the lucky ones from us can enjoy plaing a class that actually is somewhat competetive.

The fact that we are having issues with scaling and are laging behind was obvious, it was presented to blizz by a lot of respective members of DK community.
    What did we get after the promise to look into it?
    A buff to DC, which is still shit after the buff.

Now they don't say a word about buffing the spec, but say that the only thing that makes the spec viable will be nerfed.
    I can see where the outrage is coming from.

Take S2M from the shadow priests and they will be pretty unhappy too.

While I don't have bracers. And I find it ridiculous that you need to rely so much on RNG for your spec to be doing any good damage I also understand that if they just nerf the bracers and don't address the issues of the spec it'll just lead to guys with bracers being as shit as the rest of us.
    I don't have bracers either, but this is so true.

Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    feeling very frustrated

a 10% buff to death coil will not be a solution to nerfing the bracers

- - - Updated - - -

thats not how it works

if we wait to even complain the devs will go "oh i didnt know unholy was a problem because noone complained"

horse crap
    Its very frustrating just being told essentially, wait for buffs or changes that may or may not fucking come. For fucks sake how long do they expect unholy to just take this sitting down? Half the fucking expansion that we are garbage tier? Is that what this game has turned into?

This. 100% this.

To be honest the best solution would be to nerf the top legendaries while bringing up the rest of the kit for say fire and unholy, because the difference between having and not having them is to far at the moment, so it would not be a dps nerf for any of the classes but just a gap nerf from how much you gain from having them. Will they do that? probably not.

This current iteration of unholy is pretty damn bad, and boring, so I would not mind a big overhaul ASAP.