Page 1 of 28
... LastLast

IS Legion killing the wow playerbase?

Population has been on a huge downturn since Legion came out even worse than WOD. I think it's because Blizzard pretty much killed alts with the bad AP system.
    Last edited by WOWandchill; 2016-11-12 at 01:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WOWandchill View Post
    Population has been on a huge downturn since Legion came out even worse than WOD.
    Have any evidence that isn't anecdotal?

7+ Year Old Account
    proof of this? cause everything seems to point that the population is holding quite high actually
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it definitly didn't kill me. I have nearly the same amount of /played already I had at the end of Warlords.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seems like OP has hacked the code at Blizzard and found some terrifying evidence xD

Sure, player numbers are going down, but they always do after the first patch
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    proof of this? cause everything seems to point that the population is holding quite high actually
    Token pricing hitting wod numbers points to other things and on top of that legion is magically crz'd now (since 7.1) wonder why that happened...

LOL. I knew it was only a matter of time before doomsayers started whining about the new expansion. Happens every single time.
    ~RAWR!

Quote Originally Posted by WOWandchill View Post
    Population has been on a huge downturn since Legion came out even worse than WOD. I think it's because Blizzard pretty much killed alts with the bad AP system.
    I think we're going to need some sources on this "huge downturn". Viable sources. Not token prices or the fact that maybe someone's guild lost 4 players last week.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    Token pricing hitting wod numbers points to other things and on top of that legion is magically crz'd now (since 7.1) wonder why that happened...
    They CRZ'd everything due to the fact they upped drastically what could be on a single system and it is a way for them to test how many they can place there before the lag becomes to unbearable. As for the token prices, many players have already reached the max they can have and cannot buy anymore. Next time, try harder to come up with something that cannot be repudiated so easily.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Anecdotal evidence: For the past 2 months i have 20-30+ friends online daily instead of 10 barely and 15-25 of them log on WoW, half of those havent touched it for years, ever since WoTLK.

Legion brought a ton of people back, of course they will slowly leave when they get bored/do what they want to do, this is the same at every expansion, its not surprising, but one reality is real, many people came back to check what is going on because the whole "Demons and Illidan" is better than "Time travel and orcs".

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen no less than 2 people online at a time.

That's an upgrade from my average of 1 person during WoD.

Even if population is down from launch, it's still better than WoD.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Can we not have this discussion literally every expansion please? The game has and will always continue to have millions of subs every month, every year, every expac. Worry about yourself and not #s. I have no clue why people are so obsessed about this sort of thing. Blizzard isn't, they're still making millions every month, so why are you?
    I don't think you can have any trouble finding anything to do or people to group with at any point during the day with premade/ap grind/wqs etc. (I don't PVP so RIP)
    So again why do you care, if you can still play the game
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

The only thing being killed right now is my brain cells reading this horrible thread.

Well, it turned out to be a rather bad expantion so I guess so.
    Blizzard does not seem to be aming at fixing the issues the game has either so, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Saying something even close to negative about the game doesn't make you a whining doomsayer...
    No, but opening with "IS Legion killing the wow playerbase?" as the title of the thread certainly does.
    ~RAWR!

no but the knowledge that posters like the OP are in the genepool kills my faith in humanity

Anecdotal evidence: the average number of online members in all the guilds I'm a part of has been atleast doubled compared to WoD and has been to some extent stable since launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    Probably because 7.1 allowed CRZ, and Legion provides tons of gold so the token prices are finally becoming somewhat reasonable. I've made over half a million gold in the past two months, and 300k of that is just from the gold out of CTA bags+selling the augment runes from them (800g in each bag, and the runes sell for 600g-900g, 0-4 runes per bag). The rest of it is from order hall missions, vendoring trash, and questing.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2016-11-12 at 02:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Well, it turned out to be a rather bad expantion so I guess so.
    Blizzard does not seem to be aming at fixing the issues the game has either so, yeah.
    I was the biggest critic of WoD and the direction i thought Blizzard was going, but seriously whats wrong with Legion? how is it a bad expansion? it has everything and more.

For me Legion is as good as Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    I was the biggest critic of WoD and the direction i thought Blizzard was going, but seriously whats wrong with Legion? how is it a bad expansion? it has everything and more.

For me Legion is as good as Wrath.
    Blizzard didn't make Legion to his exact specifications so it's bad.