Is there any points to the Fishing Artifact?

Is there anything that actually makes this Fishing Artifact worth getting?

By the time you have it, you've done pretty much all the fishing in Legion...
    there doesnt seem to be any achievevments, toys, mounts, etc

Other than getting it and maxing it out just 'because'... is there any real reason to do this?

It makes fishing for the fish easier (for buff food, for example), and sometimes the artifact itself is the reward.
    Its not like its very hard to get it, could even by the lures on the AH if you want it faster.

The sad part is that fishing is a minor contribution to cooking.
    300 recipes require 5 fishes for 5/7/10 dishes
    375 recipes require one 300 recipe for 5/7/10 dishes and some other expensive ingredients

Fishes are never the limiting factor in cooking and fishing provides little more than fish (low sargeras blood and useless boots).
    The artifact in itself is very nice, good looking, fun traits, just not very usefull.

For some reason I've been having a lot of trouble getting my water strider mounts to snap to the surface when I mount them while already in water. The fish transformation trait from the fishing artifact is an easy fix for that.

Since you can switch in and out of it during combat, it has saved my bacon many a time when world questing in the city in suramar and lost my disguise and had to flee into the water. The fish form easily out swims the mobs.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinesun View Post
    Since you can switch in and out of it during combat, it has saved my bacon many a time when world questing in the city in suramar and lost my disguise and had to flee into the water. The fish form easily out swims the mobs.
    Same here. It's a godsend for running away in Suramar. Also, the water walking and fish transformation still work outside of the broken isles.

Deleted
    Best part is that once you unlocked the fish transformation it will always work. Even if you enter water while mounted. Just equip the fishing artifact and you will move as fast as on land. It wont transform you while mounted, it "only" gives the speed bonus.

Weren't there rare mobs you could fish up and fight, or was that scrapped?

Someone please fix the headline.

Can't

withstand

the pain
    Last edited by Bumbac; 2016-11-15 at 08:19 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xentronium View Post
    Weren't there rare mobs you could fish up and fight, or was that scrapped?
    Sort of. A few of the rare fish involve fighting things for the bait, but there are no bosses or special drops or anything.