Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Help with Holy Priest - Prayer of Mending - Renew

Hello all,

I am another Holy Priest player who try to understand his rule in game!
    I have many questions but i would like to have an answer to my big question. Worth to invest on Prayer of Mending and Renew?

As i see on my Weapon Talents and also on Holy Priest's Talents i see a path that can help others with Prayer of Mendind + Renew.
    What is my thought. If i take Benediction from Priest's Talents and keep in mind Artifact's Talents Holy Mending, Say your Prayers i think i can help with heals more.

My playstyle will be like spamming PoMs and i let PoM Jumps and Renew and Heal all.
    I want your opinion to this thought. Is it good for Mythics? Is it good for Mythic +? Is it good for raids? Am i fool to invest on such thing and just spam heals and dont care about anything else?

My Armory:
    eu[dot]battle[dot]net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Gdanix/simple

My Artifact:
    www[dot]wowdb[dot]com/artifact-calculator#WJJDBbDbDABAAAAAAAAA

Thank you in advance!

The strategy you're suggesting is already being used by many priests. Taking Benediction and casting Prayer of Mending as often as possible, while sticking to our regular healing style of Flash Heal / Serenity is good at providing sustained raid healing.

I would stick to Apotheosis for M/M+ though, it's fantastic for those awkward trash packs or boss abilities in higher M+ that requires the extra throughput. The only affix I've seen people take Benediction with great success has been Overflowing, as Serenity can be quite dangerous to use with Overflowing, reducing the value of Apotheosis.

Deleted
    I am really happy that i am not totally foul! I never saw any video with Holy Priest healing in any video and i was not able to understand many things!
    Really sorry for my English but i dont understand your last words. Can you tell me what you mean with "The only affix I've seen people take Benediction with great success has been Overflowing, as Serenity can be quite dangerous to use with Overflowing, reducing the value of Apotheosis."? I cant figure out what you mean because my English is trash :S

There are a few good fights to take Benediction on: Ursoc (this one is questionable), Dragons of Nightmare, Cenarius and ALL of the ToV bosses.

Now that the PoM artifact talent is working correctly, Benediction see's a massive increase in the number of ranking WCL parses.

Benediction is great on every fight in EN except Ursoc, now that Say Your Prayers actually works and also increases the healing per mana and cast time of PoM. Gives you a lot of extra Surge of Light procs as well. Apotheosis is still an extremely powerful cooldown but is just that, a cooldown. Benediction will run for the whole fight. At this point when I heal I'll be doing Apotheosis for Ursoc and Benediction for everything else.

Nythendra: Rot and Infested and breaths and such give a lot of ticking damage on the raid.
    Elerethe: Lots and lots of raid damage going around, especially during transitions and wind phases.
    Il'gynoth: Not a ton of damage going around that PoM will work for, pointless during Eye phases, good for tentacle/slime damage the raid can accumulate.
    Dragons: Ticking damage on everybody, perfect for PoM.
    Ursoc: Only raid damage is big bursts so really nothing for PoM to do except people standing in Miasma. Would be nice for the tanks if PoM bounces were more reliable.
    Cenarius: Same as Dragons, lots of ticking raid damage to keep PoM bouncing.
    Xavius: Same as Ursoc, most of the damage on the raid is big bursts.
    Last edited by SafariDiscoLion; 2016-11-12 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gdanix View Post
    I am really happy that i am not totally foul! I never saw any video with Holy Priest healing in any video and i was not able to understand many things!
    Really sorry for my English but i dont understand your last words. Can you tell me what you mean with "The only affix I've seen people take Benediction with great success has been Overflowing, as Serenity can be quite dangerous to use with Overflowing, reducing the value of Apotheosis."? I cant figure out what you mean because my English is trash :S
    The only affix (the added ability at higher mythic+ dungeon keys) I've seen people take Benediction with great success has been Overflowing (where overhealing puts an "negative absorb" negating future incoming healing), as Serenity (large heal) can be quite dangerous to use with Overflowing (because you don't want to overheal), reducing the value of Apotheosis (which is normally getting to have so many Serenity close together).

Any better? If Spanish would help, you could send me a private message.

Quote Originally Posted by SafariDiscoLion View Post
    Il'gynoth: Not a ton of damage going around that PoM will work for, pointless during Eye phases, good for tentacle/slime damage the raid can accumulate.
    You clearly haven't done mythic xD

Soo... after the fix of the broken talents, is it actually viable in higher difficulty how to go PoM/Renew-style instead of FH-spam'o'rama?

Anyone tested it in detail or is it just a therory that PoM/Renew is viable? Really curious as the FH-playstyle is starting to doubt me continuing on my priest tbh (boring as hell)...

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Soo... after the fix of the broken talents, is it actually viable in higher difficulty how to go PoM/Renew-style instead of FH-spam'o'rama?

Anyone tested it in detail or is it just a therory that PoM/Renew is viable? Really curious as the FH-playstyle is starting to doubt me continuing on my priest tbh (boring as hell)...
    I'm not understanding how PoM/Renew (assuming Benediction) is exclusive with using FH a lot (with appropriate talents).

Why can't you do both?

You should never be hardcasting renew unless you're moving and can't cast anything else. PoM should be cast on CD. What do you outside of that? Spam FH / Serenity.

We are not renew bots like in WoD. Blizz specifically nerfed Renew into the ground because they didn't want Holy to continue being a Renew spammer.

It's very simple, no you can't do both.... obviously I cast PoM on CD but when shit hits the fan, I cant waste time on that compared to getting 2 FH off UNLESS it's a fact now that PoM/Renew/Benediction is fully viable. What I mean is that I cannot give up Apotheosis (and possibly ToL) for getting Benediction (and possibly Enduring Renewal), unless the latter outperform (or is equivalent in efficiency) as FH spamming.

Dunno what you guys raid with but for me, when stuff really is going on and require heavy healing, the *only* way to go atm is FH-spamming with Apotheosis (if stuff is really nasty), along with the Holy Words... I would, however, love to go full Benediction, but that kinda require PoM/Renew to heal atleast the same as a FH-spam'o'rama would do.. and that was my question!

When low or mid damage goes on, ofcourse it doesnt matter as much as nothing will die anyway... I'm talking about the extreme situations here and if there are more vilable options than FH/HolyWord-spam?

Dawon, when stuff is really nasty, that's when you need greater output. A single cast of PoM will heal, ballpark, a million damage or more, if you've got Benediction. That's a lot more than you'd get from a single Flash Heal. This is assuming that "stuff is really nasty" means raidwide damage, versus just a tank getting trucked. Obviously, FH will do more with one cast to heal the single target it's cast on, but your output will be a lot higher if you replace one FH with a PoM. It can be hard to let yourself do it (delayed gratification versus "Aaaah, he's low, Flash him!") but overall the panic will be less severe and of shorter duration if you can force yourself to use the more powerful spell.

It's very simple, no you can't do both.... obviously I cast PoM on CD but when shit hits the fan, I cant waste time on that compared to getting 2 FH off UNLESS it's a fact now that PoM/Renew/Benediction is fully viable. What I mean is that I cannot give up Apotheosis (and possibly ToL) for getting Benediction (and possibly Enduring Renewal), unless the latter outperform (or is equivalent in efficiency) as FH spamming.

Dunno what you guys raid with but for me, when stuff really is going on and require heavy healing, the *only* way to go atm is FH-spamming with Apotheosis (if stuff is really nasty), along with the Holy Words... I would, however, love to go full Benediction, but that kinda require PoM/Renew to heal atleast the same as a FH-spam'o'rama would do.. and that was my question!

When low or mid damage goes on, ofcourse it doesnt matter as much as nothing will die anyway... I'm talking about the extreme situations here and if there are more vilable options than FH/HolyWord-spam?
    If you're finding it impossible to spare a single GCD to cast PoM, something is going horribly wrong.

PoM actually does more healing than Flash Heal per cast, especially considering the traits that give it extra bounces. You should be casting it on CD even without Benediction.

I've been running Benedction in heroic EN/ToV and doing just fine. Hitting PoM on CD is not very much of a burden to FH spam.

I was using Benediction before, but I have such a hard time to imagine it makes up for losing panic-button-Apotheosis..?

Maybe I should try again in tonight's raid, we're only gonna do Cenarius/Xavius (hc) and then mythic on the first bosses, so will be quite obvious if it feels "OK"... tho Cenarius will probably benefit from Benediction greatly...

We have another holypriest in our raid that is a FH-spam-maniac and everytime I try something else (like PoM/Renew/Benediction), I'm far behind in HPS and my overheal goes up due to all PoMs/Renews getting sniped... :/

PoM can't really be "sniped". It's designed to not overheal, because it only procs when the target takes damage. If it overheals, that means the person took less than ~50k damage, or the PoM bounce crit.

Deleted
    If you wanna see some PoM/benediction/Renewal logs, i'm using it since i got the renov+6 sec legendary.
    When shit hits the fan the only option is only the words, but this build is good on fight with heavy sustained dmg, like cenarius/ursoc. More like a drood playstyle

Can't post logs, search for Mälfu-Elune-fr

I'll check, thanx Malfu!

Yeah fair enough but the whole point of PoM I feel is still to go the full monty with Benediction and Renew... and the grand total is just less, or at least it was up until now perhaps after the Prayer-fix? I obviously try to always use PoM but I'd love to get the full synergy with Renew as well then.

Deleted
    The build is around PoM, keep PoM on CD as much as possible, try to Divine Hymne early as possible to spread renew on the raid, binding heals on players who get hurt to heal them + refresh renew to the infinite.

Repeat till the end/mana is a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Malfu View Post
    The build is around PoM, keep PoM on CD as much as possible, try to Divine Hymne early as possible to spread renew on the raid, binding heals on players who get hurt to heal them + refresh renew to the infinite.

Oy, you even dropped SoL for Binding heal? You are probably pulling a rather rare way of playing a priest atm... I'd love something in that direction as well but (as I said), it feels worse in raw power. Gonna test it out tho, sadly I dont have the +6 legs! :/

Quote Originally Posted by Malfu View Post

Er...I would really not advocate using Binding Heal in raids, and I REALLY would not advocate using Enduring Renewal anywhere. Binding Heal is only decent in 5mans, pretty crap in raids because it'll do a ton of overheal and often won't hit the right targets, especially to refresh Renews.

You have more than 10 posts now; post your logs. You can't search for a name on worldoflogs, only guild names.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-11-14 at 08:35 PM.