Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    You can't search for a name on worldoflogs, only guild names.

Incorrect.

Here are the logs though.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...10/#metric=hps

Quote Originally Posted by Shannerd View Post
    Incorrect.
    Care to explain how you search a name on WOL then? I couldn't find a search function anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannerd View Post
    I said World Of Logs, not Warcraftlogs.

Oh, I didn't realize that was still a thing. My bad.

Either way, it seems like it could be in interesting alternative.

I personally am not a fan of the Renew + Benediction play style at all, just because of how genuinely awful of a spell Renew currently is. It's just really bad I don't even have it on my bars, hopefully it gets another buff sometime soon.

Still,

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=3
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=1

Wondering how this guy is managing to parse so high while barely using Flash Heal at all.

I'm assuming it's a combination of being ilvl 880 and having the renew legendary ?

Deleted
    I think the renew leg is mandatory, but it's no matter of ilvl as i was playing this setup early october, when i got this leg and my ilvl was around 860 if i remember correctly, can't post logs though._.

That's just another playstyle where you play an inside mini game when you fight a boss and your objective is to keep as much renew as possible.

I try to go Crit> Haste> poly/mastery if i can

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritsurge View Post
    I personally am not a fan of the Renew + Benediction play style at all, just because of how genuinely awful of a spell Renew currently is. It's just really bad I don't even have it on my bars, hopefully it gets another buff sometime soon.
    This is just plain dumb. You should always try to keep Renew up on the tanks.

There are 3 subspecs for Holy:
    1) FH based
    2) Renew based
    3) PoH+Sanctify based

You just pick what you want and go with it.

However, I would not recommend using renew as a basic spell for healing, because it's just too weak even with the legendary. I managed to test both Apotheosis and Benediction in 2 different subspecs on the most healing intensive fight (Cenarius), and I would say Benediction wins anyway in terms of pure healing even though they are pretty close to each other in case you have no legendary.
    My HPS was something around 570k on 4mins fight and Benediction (procced Renew) made around 10% of total healing (14 mln). Apotheosis was making around 5 mln per use + mastery ticks, so they are really very close. However, it's very problematic to use Apotheosis with Flash heal spam meta since it is only effective when you use it to get additional Sanctify by spamming PoH, not FH.
    I would just pick what better suits the fight, whether it is sustain healing or controlled burst.

PS: Unfortunately, I can't show my logs since they are private
    Last edited by T0oky; 2016-11-15 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Why bother when I can just Flash Heal? The Echo of Light heals more than Renew does. Also sometimes you need every GCD you can get to keep someone alive, why waste a GCD casting a spell that will have almost no effect? If it's dumb to be efficient i'm okay with that.

I've had tremendous success with Benediction in the content I tend to participate in - basically Normal raids and low level Mythics. The recent fix to Say Your Prayers has had a huge impact. In Mythic 0 at my ilvl Prayer of Mending w/ Benediction basically does all the work for me most of the time, I am free to spam Holy Nova to my heart's content as long as I cast Prayer of Mending on cooldown. As far as Normal raids it does a wonderful job at boosting that HPS in an environment that would otherwise just be so much overheal.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritsurge View Post
    Why bother when I can just Flash Heal? The Echo of Light heals more than Renew does. Also sometimes you need every GCD you can get to keep someone alive, why waste a GCD casting a spell that will have almost no effect? If it's dumb to be efficient i'm okay with that.
    The difference between Renew and FH is not as big as you make it seem. And this is not about throughput, you're putting a HoT on the tanks that atke constant damage, the accumulation of HoTs on tanks from druids/priests and others is what gives you time to heal the raid with regular heals. If shit's going down then you shouldn't use a GCD on it, but you don't even have Renew on your action bars.

The difference between Renew and FH is not as big as you make it seem. And this is not about throughput, you're putting a HoT on the tanks that atke constant damage, the accumulation of HoTs on tanks from druids/priests and others is what gives you time to heal the raid with regular heals. If shit's going down then you shouldn't use a GCD on it, but you don't even have Renew on your action bars.
    I feel like if I have time to use Renew that time would be better spent casting Smite to lower the CD of Holy Word: Chastise and proc free instant Flash Heals. I personally don't think it's worth using yet.

Why would you ever go out of your way to keep Renew on the tanks? It's such a minuscule amount of healing compared to their health pool. That renew is going to be ticking for like 0.5% of their health. You won't even notice it.

I only ever Renew the tank if there's no other healing to be done.

So I got my legs a few days ago and I tried out the POM/Renew style build. Seems kinda meh. It seems very mana efficient compared to FH spam, but also less HPS and alot more overheal from renew. I just picked up the insta heal pom/renew artifact trait, so maybe that will help a bit. I was just hoping my HPS would go UP from getting a legendary and not down...

Another renew question: I've been having some bad luck lately with loot, meaning I racked up quite a few items with either crit/haste or mastery/haste. Since the softcap for getting another Renew tick is 12.5% (I believe is correct?) and I'm now around 10% if I swap a few items... anyone tested and think it might be worth it to try to get a few more items and gem up for the last 2.5% to get that extra tick?

This obviously mean I'll be running Benediction, the Legs and so on.. and probably have to start tossing a few renews out as well instead of just relying on the free procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Another renew question: I've been having some bad luck lately with loot, meaning I racked up quite a few items with either crit/haste or mastery/haste. Since the softcap for getting another Renew tick is 12.5% (I believe is correct?) and I'm now around 10% if I swap a few items... anyone tested and think it might be worth it to try to get a few more items and gem up for the last 2.5% to get that extra tick?.
    Renew has not had any haste breakpoints for a long time. Now haste scaling for it is linear with partial ticks at the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yurak View Post
    Renew has not had any haste breakpoints for a long time. Now haste scaling for it is linear with partial ticks at the end of it.
    Ah, look at that, had no clue they changed that! Ok, so away with the haste then!

I really don't get where people are getting this 'different holy priest playstyles' from. Literally the only choice is between taking apotheosis and benediction, which really doesn't alter your playstyle all that much. Sure, you'really going to prioritise Pom even more with benediction, but you should already be casting that a lot anyway. Other than that, you're still never hardcasting renew unless moving and mainly casting flash heal. Which is not to say that casting poh is illegal, as that also has its uses.

On the apotheosis vs benediction debate I'm hard pressed to find a reason to take apotheosis now that pom is functioning correctly. The throughput benediction offers is just immense.