10+ Year Old Account

new pc problem - suddenly shutting down

could this be caused by having 750W power supply (feeder, feedpack - words dictionary came up with) and only 250W cable ?

interestingly enough the guy that built this PC for me and obv knew about this power supply didnt tell me to buy a new cable which he also did know what i had earlier.

- - - Updated - - -

using ZM700-LX

what kind of cable exactly should i be using with this ??

15+ Year Old Account
    The one that came with it?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Are you talking about the cable that plugs into the back of the PC and the wall? Because that one shouldn't matter.... If you got modular cables that didn't belong to that PSU then you need the correct cables.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    The one that came with it?
    yes
    well then, what else could it be ?

Deleted
    PC suddenly shutting down is about as much info as visiting a doctor and saying "My body hurts". Nobody will be able to help you unless you describe your issue more thoroughly.

10+ Year Old Account
    its just as if i turned power off, it shuts down instantly. at the top of that it sometimes doesnt want to start. i can hear it work like hdd or whatever makes sound, but the screen is black and ethernet cable isnt illuminated like nothing is working except for whatever makes the sound.

just lol.

every cable is connected properly. i srsly have no idea what could it be.

the first day it happened once and i assumed its windows restarting to update, but today it happened like 5 times within 1h and i dont want my newly bought 1070 to break
    Last edited by Proskill; 2016-11-12 at 05:41 PM.

Deleted
    When it shuts down instantly, is it when you play games? After x hours of usage? Completely random?

If you suspect the cable then the easiest thing to do is replace the cable, not sure if that is the issue though. It could be the PSU, it could be overheating, it could be the motherboard.