10+ Year Old Account

Quick easy UI and Addons migration to another PC?

I haven't done this in many years and was wondering what I needed to copy and drop in the new laptop to have no issues when I get over to it. I used to know but I can't remember exactly. If this is in the wrong post area mods feel free to move.

just put them on a usb stick and transfer them that way i am using my usb stick as a backup for certain things

15+ Year Old Account
    Copy over Interface(Addons) folder and ur WTF folder, it should be what ur after.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    The Curse client can do it, you can sync your addons and settings to your curse account.

Copying the addons and WTF folder (or your entire WoW folder if you have a big enough drive) is probably simplest tho...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamual View Post
    The Curse client can do it, you can sync your addons and settings to your curse account.

Copying the addons and WTF folder (or your entire WoW folder if you have a big enough drive) is probably simplest tho...
    I thought Curse required premium for that still. Also already have the full game installed. Took maybe an hour and I wasn't babysitting it or anything.

Copy the entire WoW install folder. Drop it right on the new PC, install the launcher, "install" the game which should take thirty seconds for the computer to figure out where it is. Bam, done.

copy and paste the Interface (it's where the core files of you addons are stored) and WTF (the configuation folder of your interface/addon preferences) folder. Launch client and voila.

Same when you have interface issues. Don't just delete the folders, just rename them (i useually add a '1' behind the name) and launch the client. I had a few issues with quests before and when the quests where done i just deleted the new folders and removed the '1' to get my UI back.

You can copy certain setups you like from addon packs (like for example a Grid setup) by fetching the .lua file and placing it in \Battle.net\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\Accountname\RealmName\CharacterName\SavedVariables

Install addon, copy fetched .lua file and do /reload ui.
    Last edited by ohlins; 2016-11-13 at 02:23 AM.

Just copy paste the hole folder, Or just the interface and WTF folder.
    Do remember a laptop might use a different resolution.
    Going from 24inch to 34inch forced me to redo the hole bloody thing...
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

I'm Commander Shepard and Curse is my favorite addon managing software.