Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I think this is a bit silly but whatever makes people feel comfortable, I can understand the call for some unity.

It seems a bit ridiculous, I mean Trump said a lot of things, but I don't think A) He is going to do anything actually deplorable and B) I dont think he could get away with going through with anything anyway.

Have you seen the dudes draft for his cabinet? It's like the fuckin' Legion of Doom, shit is cartoonish.

Well I voted for Stein, she didn't have a snowball's chance in hell but I liked her stance on the issues....
    You mean how she thought WiFi kills kids?

Deleted
    It's silly. I'm amazed these people haven't killed themselves already because clearly the world is way too scary for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    It's because they're passionate about the issue and about standing against Trump and his officials' beliefs. Because they're sickened that Trump's supporters are now harassing people just based off their race, sex, religion, or orientation. Protesting against that makes them deserving of harassment? Okay then.
    So they harass people based on race, sex, religion, and orientation.

lol.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Buljo View Post
    It's silly. I'm amazed these people haven't killed themselves already because clearly the world is way too scary for them.
    I thought I heard suicide hot lines were going crazy

I'll take their Safety Pins and show it up their ass.

Its an item they wear on themselves, not a separate space demanded to be set out for them?

Who fucking cares then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actions speak louder than safety pins, now isn't the time to cower.

Quote Originally Posted by Helais View Post
    I don't understand the outrage? People are scared. Things like this have been done in history before, this isn't a new concept.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raised_fist
    This.

If you're not scared, good! If you are, maybe this is something that could help. I don't understand why people continue to take shots at those who are having a hard time with this, it's really not THAT difficult to understand why people might be upset (and if you don't, try to have more compassion)

I get it, their an easy target in a world of "let's hate the sjw". I honestly don't think it's gonna be THAT bad, but I'm also not going to tell someone how to feel either.

This forum gets triggered by people getting triggered. Everyone chill.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

i hope this gets some people hit in the face.

it should be a sign saying "here's my face, hit it as hard as possible"

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I laughed when I read this. Probably both.
    College campus' are a real salt mine right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    I just realized the perfect "safety pin" to use.

Yup. That sends a message.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I just realized the perfect "safety pin" to use.

Yup. That sends a message.
    Ya, I think you nailed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    So they harass people based on race, sex, religion, and orientation.

lol.
    All of them do? No. Not even most. There are extremists in all groups. Most protestors aren't busting cars or inciting violence. Calling everyone who is protesting idiots is therefore complete generalization and immature.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The best way to show your support of safe spaces is to take a safety pin, open it, slam it into one eye, get an "I'm With Her" pin, and repeat into the other.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    I am still hunting down the elusive safe spaces.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    People are declaring themselves allies to groups that feel marginalized by Trump
    Dump hasn't even done anything, and of course the sjw pigs are out rioting because 'muh feelings'

Are the burning streets of Detroit a 'safe space'?
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

If these people feel so scared and afraid why don't they just leave the country!

They all seem to think all the Mexicans and Muslims are super great awesome people, why not go to Mexico or the middle east! Lots of Mexicans and Muslims in those areas of the world, I bet they are super utopias of peace and understanding! You won't have all these evil white men who are intolerant and sexist towards women! Mexico is really safe and the middle east treats women and the LGBTQ people just dandy!

Sarcasm aside these people need to toughen up, they are all a bunch of college students that have never been challenged in their lives. They think life is sunshine and rainbows and don't realize just how good and safe life is the USA vs the rest of the world.

This is what happens when you raise a generation in isolation bubbles of safe spaces. As soon as something happens against their will and outside their control they meltdown...

Our minds need to develop just like our bodies do. Just as our body strengthens after fighting off foreign entities ("germs", etc), our minds also have to be able to develop and strengthen. By ensuring kids are never exposed to anything that will challenge their psyche, or having to deal with anything that would make them sad or upset, they grow into adults that have no concept on how to cope with reality and disappointment.

"I'm literally gonna' die, I need an ambulance" :/

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    I wore one to work today.

I'm going to wear one to work on Monday.

I'm not doing it for y'all who feel just fine and dandy and don't care. I'm doing it for the people who don't feel fine and dandy. And I don't really care if you think that makes me weak, or stupid. I don't make choices like this based on the prospect of what other people might think of me.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    There have been plenty of cases of violence already all over. Just in my town there have been a few cases of violence in the last couple weeks, (not just name calling or bullying, but actual hate crimes). The people rolling their eyes either aren't the ones facing it, or are oblivious to it apparently until something happens to them personally or someone they know.

While the safety pins are a nice show of support which is needed, my advice to groups that are on the receiving end of this hate is to make sure to protect themselves. It's easy to become complacent if nothing has happened to them. But it is happening and is increasing, and I wouldn't count on Good Samaritan safety-pin wearer intervention if something happens even in a public area. So whether it's social bullying or threats, legal discrimination, or physical aggression, make sure to defend yourself. Personally if I were in one of those targeted groups I would make sure to keep some sort of self-defense spray, carry if it's a carry-legal state, learn self-defense or something. Then rely on Police or pin-wearing Good Samaritans second. Many/most people approach their personal security that way everyday anyway, but it's just a good reminder. It's easy for people to wear a safety pin, but don't let it give a false sense of security especially with things as they are now.

My hope is that fired-up racism and bigotry will simmer down soon after the election hype settles. I'm skeptical about that but we'll see.