Ember of Nullification

Anyone know exactly how Ember of Nullification works, and how useful it is for prot pallies? I have other trinkets that are better for most fights, including 855 Immortality, 870 Echo, and 865 Grotesque, but I've got this 860 Ember I've held on to thinking it might be a niche trinket for fights with lots of casters.

Looking at it though, it says it silences for 2 seconds, and procs when I take damage. So after they damage me with a spell, they can't cast another for 2 seconds? And maybe they weren't going to anyway? Also, it can only occur every 20 seconds - does that mean each attacker can only be affected once per 20 seconds, or that the trinket only affects anyone every 20?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Immortality is the BiS trinket, you always want to be using it. Grotesque is great for raiding.

The Ember trinket is worth using for solo and dungeons over Grotesque, magic damage is common there. Also Ember is good if you aren't worried about dropping below 50% health. Echo is a weak one.

I'm not sure Echo is all that weak. It's a 1,005 haste stat stick for one, which is a good stat for prot pally. Also it's 30% damage reduction guaranteed to kick in when your health is low. Yes, we frequently wait till we're around 50% before using HotP/LotP. Yes, it can only proc every 2 minutes. But there are times in a busy raid or dungeon when I might look away from my health bar to focus on picking up adds or re-positioning a boss. Echo is something of a safety net. With 1,005 haste.

All that said, I agree Immortality and Grotesque are also great trinkets. Which ones do you use?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"