Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I cannot understand what I am doing wrong

Hello all.

I am a dk unholy with GS 665 and in raid I am not perfoming really well.

Can you please help me in understanding what I am doing wrong?

The following link is the report for EN heroic (look at bosses like ursoc or dragons):

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ht=7&source=11
    And this is the armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...andiass/simple

I know that I have way to much mastery but I am sure that my lack in dps cannot be just due to it. I think that it can be related to scourge strinke since in the longs it have some strange drops in the demage curve.

Thanks for the help and the patience.

edit: new links
    log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ht=7&source=11

armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...andiass/simple
    Last edited by mmoc716ac454b5; 2016-11-13 at 05:34 PM.

Deleted
    Cannot enter the links for some reason but take a look at this site
    checkmywow. com

Not allowed to link yet so....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joppe View Post
    Cannot enter the links for some reason but take a look at this site
    checkmywow. com

Not allowed to link yet so....
    Links updated.
    I will check that site.

In the ursoc fight i was almost 100% efficient in uptimes and cooldown usages acording to this site.
    Any other ideas?
    Last edited by mmoc716ac454b5; 2016-11-13 at 05:47 PM.

Looking at gear it's not a great parse but it really is not that far off what is expected. I hate saying the a legendary makes a spec, however, the UH bracers are extremely powerful, enough to be mentioned in a Q&A as to powerful and needing a nerf. I will say Prior to getting the bracers myself I had a couple parses around where you were and afterwards it jumped up to about 330-350k. The spec itself is also very heavily RNG based, with and without the bracers. One big thing you really should be doing is making sure you have all your gear enchanted/gemmed. I also didnt see you using a flask with is a large amount of str, essentially an entire item's worth. Another comment on your gear overall is that Crit is going to be very valuable so you may want to ditch the 300 haste food for 375 crit. Without bracers I've found about 35 percent crit to be a very good spot if you can also keep around 18 percent haste, at this point don't worry about mastery at all and just work on getting up your crit.

Deleted
    But on logs I see dks with the same item lvl as me, without bracer, that do 50k dps more than me. I don't think that is thanks to the rng

Quote Originally Posted by Tini View Post
    But on logs I see dks with the same item lvl as me, without bracer, that do 50k dps more than me. I don't think that is thanks to the rng
    if you can check logs of others for dps, you can also check their logs for what they cast and when, compare that to yourself and find differences.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    if you can check logs of others for dps, you can also check their logs for what they cast and when, compare that to yourself and find differences.
    I did that but I am not able to see it ... there is something in scorge strikes I think but cannot get what

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...3&source=11,18

I am not sure how with similar gear you are almost 3k less strength than I was in this linked kill

With chaos talisman that should be 1400 consistent strength but that does not make up for the missing strength

also even with similar crit values you crit far less on your spells than I do. 27% on festering Wounds vs my 40%. When those are a big part of your damage the lack of crit on your main spell means significantly less damage.

just something i notice off the bat

10+ Year Old Account
    Stats are everything for unholy, gameplay takes a second seat, with wound luck taking the third.

Crit can either make or ruin you.

Deleted
    I have about 10 ilevel more than you. A bit less crit, a bit less haste(2-4% in both), but 60% mastery(thats twice than yours). I beat EVERY single DK I see(and pretty much everyone else). Even DK's with 2 BiS legendaries(granted I only have bracers)and I'm in top 500's(please don't ask for logs, as I want to keep it private). I can also tell, even without my bracers, I still was capable of dealing respectable DPS. Only classes that can beat me, is classes that are more suitable for the fight.

In your case, you have to know how to play. Know that the spec is quick and slow in the same time(with burst window and downtime). You have to know whats going on.

Try doing this on pull.
    1)Army 6 sec before pull.
    2)Prepot if you want to.
    3)Outbreak.
    4)Build up 7-8 festering as fast as you can.
    5)Soul Reaper.
    6)Follow it up with Apoc right after.
    7)You will have downtime in this frame. You will simple spam Death Coil, until you can't cast it anymore(while you generate runes for next step).
    8)Gargoyle and Dark Transformation.
    9)Get 7-8 festering as fast as possible.
    10)Burn it with Scourge Strike as fast as possible(step 9/10 is crucial for your DPS as your Ghouls are putting debuffs on your target, so the more you burst, the better is your DPS).
    11)Keep repeating 9-10 until you lose all your Ghouls. Keep Outbreak on thou(all the time)and make use of DC, everytime you can't cast FS/SS because you lack of rune/wounds.
    12)Repeat until Soul Reaper is ready again(this time without Apoc). Until SR is ready again, make sure to have runes ready, but also make sure to burn your Death Coils and burst some wounds. This might feel awkward(you must keep bursting and keep considering if you will have have 5+ runes ready before SR), but you will get used to it.

As you can see, you have to track CD's. Don't copycat from a profile, instead make a TMW that tracks CD of Apoc, SR, Festering Wounds(debuff), Gargoyle, Dark Transformation, Virulent Plague(debuff from Outbreak)and Death Coil(reactive abiliy). Basicly - you use everything whenever they are ready(with the priorty list as shown), with the exeption of SR and Apoc. You will use both after pull, only SR during the fight(as Apoc is with longer CD), and both will next time CR is ready again. Rinse and repeat.

Master this and I can assure you DPS gain. Just sit and train on a dummy for 1hour if that what it takes.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-11-14 at 03:14 PM.

Deleted
    You are fine, you just lack better trinkets for your ilvl and perhaps more optimized stats.

If you want a really high percentile you are gonna need output legendaries, especially bracers.
    I were like you before i got bracers, now i am easily 85-100 percentile each time.

Also remember unholy is extreme RNG. You can easily vary 30k DPS with the same skill level, some even report to have 50 k dps difference at same skill level.
    Around 80% or more of our ability usage is influenced by RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    I have about 10 ilevel more than you. A bit less crit, a bit less haste(2-4% in both), but 60% mastery(thats twice than yours). I beat EVERY single DK I see(and pretty much everyone else). Even DK with 2 BiS legendaries(granted I only have bracers)and I'm in top 500's(please don't ask for logs, as I want to keep it private). I can also tell, they even without my bracers, I still was capable of dealing respectable DPS.

Why would you keep your logs private? Oh w8...

Outbreak before SR is wrong whether you use appo or not. Wounds are already random enough and if you get locked behind a rune cuz didnt get enough wounds you gonna curse yourself aaaand Gg your opener. Also not outbreak, he needs to keep virulent plague up. Outbreak itself is that small dot spreading debuff.
    ----
    To op @Tini: One of the key things to do better is to line up your ss with sow. You had a poor management on that department either casting something else midway or completely ignored it. Ss while sow is up and wounds in target plays a huuuge rule in unholy damage output. This is the first thing you need to practice. Try just to prepare yourself for sow
    Others already talked about your gems foods and stats...
    Last edited by Akakishin; 2016-11-14 at 10:15 AM.
    green is the color!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akakishin View Post
    Why would you keep your logs private? Oh w8...

Outbreak before SR is wrong whether you use appo or not. Wounds are already random enough and if you get locked behind a rune cuz didnt get enough wounds you gonna curse yourself aaaand Gg your opener. Also not outbreak, he needs to keep virulent plague up. Outbreak itself is that small dot spreading debuff.

To op @Tini: One of the key things to do better is to line up your ss with sow. You had a poor management on that department either casting something else midway or completely ignored it. Ss while sow is up and wounds in target plays a huuuge rule in unholy damage output. This is thebfirst ting you need to practice. Try just to prepare yourself for sow windows.
    Virulent Plauge comes from Outbreak.

If you don't have anything else to do than try to school random people, don't bug me please.

Using Outbreak saves 1 GCD so you can spam more SS during the window(that is the point).

Virulent Plauge comes from Outbreak.

If you don't have anything else to do than try to school random people, don't bug me please.

Using Outbreak saves 1 GCD so you can spam more SS during the window(that is the point).
    What window? After pull he shouldn't cast anything that requires runes till he gets to 8 wounds period. Getting 6wounds after all runes used is a serious fuk up spcly if one of them was used on outbreak.

Im not picking up on you, I once told someone to keep outbreak up and he thought outbreak debuff itself should be up, ppl can make little mistakes . Don't be w/e you're trying to lol
    green is the color!

Deleted
    What window? After pull he shouldn't cast anything that requires runes till he gets to 8 wounds period. Getting 6wounds after all runes used is a serious fuk up spcly if one of them was used on outbreak.

Im not picking up on you, I once told someone to keep outbreak up and he thought outbreak debuff itself should be up, ppl can make little mistakes . Don't be w/e you're trying to lol
    Using Outbreak during the pull, will make you generate it back again pretty much right after the pull(again, we are talking about the debuff called Virulent Plague from the spell called Outbreak).

Window = Those 4 debuffs that comes from your Ghouls after Apoc/Army. That is where the gold is. It should be obvious from the class design perspective.

The UH can keep the avg. DPS uptime every 1½min from Apoc after pull, it's all about bursting wounds as much as you can during this window(without any downtime). Outside this window, it's all about weaving in and preparing for the next Apoc(the tighter rotation, the better obviously).
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-11-14 at 10:35 AM.

Dark transformation and gargoyle also have gcd. Imo getting locked behind a rune and bad rng is much worse than that small fraction of virulent plague uptime on target. Unholy is enough rng already. Dont give it a reason to punish you more
    green is the color!

Deleted
    Dark transformation and gargoyle also have gcd. Imo getting locked behind a rune and bad rng is much worse than that small fraction of virulent plague uptime on target. Unholy is enough rng already. Dont give it a reason to punish you more
    Practically it works different thou. During that frame, you sit and spam DC anyway, so your DC benefits from the debuffs that your ghouls are putting on.

Why don't you give it a go? Would love to have feedback.

Deleted
    Using Outbreak during the pull, will make you generate it back again pretty much right after the pull(again, we are talking about the debuff called Virulent Plague from the spell called Outbreak).

Window = Those 4 debuffs that comes from your Ghouls after Apoc/Army. That is where the gold is. It should be obvious from the class design perspective.

The UH can keep the avg. DPS uptime every 1½min from Apoc after pull, it's all about bursting wounds as much as you can during this window(without any downtime). Outside this window, it's all about weaving in and preparing for the next Apoc(the tighter rotation, the better obviously).
    1. Only 1 of those 4 debuffs is relevant to your point.
    2. You want to go up to 7-8 wounds after using apocalypse and only using scourge strike if you have that...that doesnt make sense because the deathknight in question doesnt have the bracers. The only other thinkable plan would be to try and get a sow procc after reaching 7-8 wounds...but you suggest not to use death coil in that situation. The deathknight in question doesnt have the bracers and is playing with castigator...so telling him to get 7-8 wounds before using scourge strike and potentially wasting wounds due to overprocc doesnt make any sense. You will do less scourge strikes in your so called "window" with your tactic because you will lose wounds by aiming for 8 wounds that you could have used for scourge strike.
    3. It is also questionable if this "window" is really the right thing to micromanage around...the debuff is only a five percent dmg increase...sow is a 30 percent dmg increase for your scourge strike...i am not saying if you are wrong or right here but i dont think it max a big difference if you are optimizing the way you do or going the sow road.

Quote Originally Posted by Aetheras View Post
    1. Only 1 of those 4 debuffs is relevant to your point.
    2. You want to go up to 7-8 wounds after using apocalypse and only using scourge strike if you have that...that doesnt make sense because the deathknight in question doesnt have the bracers. The only other thinkable plan would be to try and get a sow procc after reaching 7-8 wounds...but you suggest not to use death coil in that situation. The deathknight in question doesnt have the bracers and is playing with castigator...so telling him to get 7-8 wounds before using scourge strike and potentially wasting wounds due to overprocc doesnt make any sense. You will do less scourge strikes in your so called "window" with your tactic because you will lose wounds by aiming for 8 wounds that you could have used for scourge strike.
    3. It is also questionable if this "window" is really the right thing to micromanage around...the debuff is only a five percent dmg increase...sow is a 30 percent dmg increase for your scourge strike...i am not saying if you are wrong or right here but i dont think it max a big difference if you are optimizing the way you do or going the sow road.
    8 wounds after appo is dfntly (or theoricaly) wrong for the reason you mentioned. Possible waste of wound procs. Its like sitting on 1 or 2. Death is nothing conpared to raw power of sow. I think 4-6 wounds is the safe place to play around with sow windows while 4 being the scary one. Like i avoid casting dc if im on 4 and always do a fs (if possible) . I dont wanna cast fs to put wounds inside of sow.
    green is the color!

Deleted
    Well, I can only speak for myself. Im just sharing my playstyle and I had some awesome results.

We can talk about the theoratical approach forever(and to be completly honest, I would disagree with my own post, seen from that perspective).

Testing in a raid enviourment is probably the only way to conclude, to see what works for you or not.

Edit: it turned out to Icy Veins is recommending similiar opener like mine(i just emphasize more that you simple can't follow it from a-z, due to procs and RNG). It gets really inconvenient and if you don't have the overview, it will also end up in a DPS loss.

That is why i rather stand still for a moment and spam DC, during after or before burst windows. Theoraticly, if i'm runic power capped during burst, then I probably miss out 20% of my total DC casts(instead of weaving it in for having 100% uptime on DC vs. less time on festering and SS). As for SoW - If you sit and wait for a SoW proc vs. using SS with 100% uptime regardless - that is the question.

Simple math says that every 1sec you dont get SoW, you lose 100% of SS damage vs. 100% uptime on SoW AND SS to gain 130% SS damage(and its extremely inconvenient to achieve that - most likely a lost cause).

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/unholy-...owns-abilities
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-11-14 at 01:25 PM.