Deleted

PvP armors must get their own look!

It was great, more variations to collect and mog. And now that there are Demon Hunters, these guys have pretty limited arsenal of looks. In wotlk DK got their own tiers, even tho there was no transmog at that time, they received better and more evolved, varied tiers with every season.

Now Blizzard reverted to TBC, such regress, PvP and Pve armors share appearance, a shame, really.

They were doing bigger expansions and managed to sneak unique gear, but now for some reason nada nothin? BAD

Deleted
    True. Bring back gear uniqueness.

TBH Wotlk PvP sets were one of the best sets in history of WoW.

Especially the wrathful ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post

Personally, i loved WoD S1 pvp sets, those were cool (with the moving parts like War's red set, my favorite war set in game)

WoTLK had some bad ass elite pvp weapons, those were sexy, they were on par with top end pve wpns too. We need bring those back as well >.< if not for the gear itself but simply unique skins, which you could obtain ONLY from high end pvp.

Deleted

100% agree probably the best pvp sets
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Personally, i loved WoD S1 pvp sets, those were cool (with the moving parts like War's red set, my favorite war set in game)

WoTLK had some bad ass elite pvp weapons, those were sexy, they were on par with top end pve wpns too. We need bring those back as well >.< if not for the gear itself but simply unique skins, which you could obtain ONLY from high end pvp.
    I agree. Well, aren't they obtanable through this new pvp currency? You can buy wotlk sets.
    Unfortunately you can't buy WoD elite sets, just like mythic gear does not disappear so these sets shouldnt

Deleted

I really liked the evolution that the sets followed up in wotlk, ending with brutal, very detailed sets. Kinda made you have some sense of progression

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Warlords T1/S1 group of sets were the best. For PVP, you had the entry sets (4 Sets, 2 colours each), then you had your Gladiator Sets (11 Sets, 2 Colours each), and then you had your Elite Sets (11 Sets, 1 Colour each). PVE had the Normal/Heroic Set (11 Sets, 2 colours each), and the Mythic Set (11 Sets, 1 Colour each).

For the entry to WoD you had 46 different Armor Sets from Raiding and PVP. Compared to HFC where there were 26 (Honor, Normal/Heroic/Gladiator Set and the Mythic/Elite Set) and Legion with the same ideology (Honor, Normal/Heroic/Gladiator and Mythic/Elite) for a total of 28.

This is not just praise to the variety, I felt Warlords S1/T1 had the same design of Wrath, where you could see the gear advancing almost, similar to Deadly through to Wrathful. It felt thematic and you really felt the Elite/Mythic sets were cool.

I don't think we'll see this again though honestly. They seem to be on the new path with a united PVE/PVP Design and using recolours instead. I think one of the issues with Legion S1 right now is that gear is obtained so randomly and often not of any actual use that many people don't have the full sets. I personally have not got the whole Warrior set for Gladiator or Honor, and I've done Rated BGs, World Quests and a lot of BGs.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    100% agree probably the best pvp sets

I agree. Well, aren't they obtanable through this new pvp currency? You can buy wotlk sets.
    Unfortunately you can't buy WoD elite sets, just like mythic gear does not disappear so these sets shouldnt
    all elite pvp weapons/gears + tabard are not obtainable (which is a good thing) but they need to bring back into a game skins that can be only be obtainable through high end rated pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    I really liked the evolution that the sets followed up in wotlk, ending with brutal, very detailed sets. Kinda made you have some sense of progression
    Exactly, it was a journey of gar, getting bigger and better. It was actually exciting, waiting for new gear. Fabulous!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    I think Warlords T1/S1 group of sets were the best. For PVP, you had the entry sets (4 Sets, 2 colours each), then you had your Gladiator Sets (11 Sets, 2 Colours each), and then you had your Elite Sets (11 Sets, 1 Colour each). PVE had the Normal/Heroic Set (11 Sets, 2 colours each), and the Mythic Set (11 Sets, 1 Colour each).

For the entry to WoD you had 46 different Armor Sets from Raiding and PVP. Compared to HFC where there were 26 (Honor, Normal/Heroic/Gladiator Set and the Mythic/Elite Set) and Legion with the same ideology (Honor, Normal/Heroic/Gladiator and Mythic/Elite) for a total of 28.

This is not just praise to the variety, I felt Warlords S1/T1 had the same design of Wrath, where you could see the gear advancing almost, similar to Deadly through to Wrathful. It felt thematic and you really felt the Elite/Mythic sets were cool.

I don't think we'll see this again though honestly. They seem to be on the new path with a united PVE/PVP Design and using recolours instead. I think one of the issues with Legion S1 right now is that gear is obtained so randomly and often not of any actual use that many people don't have the full sets. I personally have not got the whole Warrior set for Gladiator or Honor, and I've done Rated BGs, World Quests and a lot of BGs.
    It is going to hit Demon Hunters really strong, unlike DK they won't have their expansion with dedicated sets. Little to no variety

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    all elite pvp weapons/gears + tabard are not obtainable (which is a good thing) but they need to bring back into a game skins that can be only be obtainable through high end rated pvp.
    I disagree a little bit on them being out of rotation but yes there should be a way to get skins

Deleted
    Warlords S1 elite sets were AWESOME.

One step forward, two steps back.

Pandaria had some of the illest pvp sets ever conceived, especially S14. Grievous I think? I forget. Warrior and DK looked absolutely sick.

Deleted
    How PvP gear looks is probably the last of it's issues.
    1) it's useless with stat templates, probably only really good titanforged trinket can be good (in PvE)
    2) you are more likely to get better PvP gear pieces from PvE world quests than from doing actual PvP
    3) if you get lucky enough to get a epic drop from PvP, there's like 50% chance it's either trinket or a relic
    4) one guaranteed (random) item based on rating per week is just not enough
    5) it's way easier to get higher ilvl gear from doing PvE than PvP
    What I mean is, Blizzard made it quite apparent with Legion that they are making PvP gear go away. The current status that should mean "hey, you can still get geared by doing PvP!" is more like a spit in the face of pure PvP players.
    Besides, would you really like to farm gear for transmog under these circumstances? Not getting those elite shoulders for transmog for the entire season because of RNG drops?

I lost all motivation to PvP in Warlords S2. The PvP Elite Sets are an amazing carrot! I love how Blizz wants PvE gear to look like it was made from a dragon, while PvE gear is supposed to be intimidating .

I will say however, if this is the price we have to pay for such a quality xpac then so be it. TBC Blizz cut so many corners but it was an amazing xpac packed with content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I always wonder what you achieve with these "We want x" threads here? is this to test the waters and THEN take the petition to the official forum?

Ok, it MUST get their own look. Wait a sec...I go working on it, because I am a Blizzard armour designer who happens to catch your request ^^
    yes, to test the waters, it is one thing, but also to get more voice on it, so, well, ye, waters thing

if you are not one, then you must become one, because different armor sets are a must!

Deleted
    Well, this kinda fizzled out after 15 replies..so how did testing the waters go? But yeah...I support your wish for unique pvp armour
    not enough screams 'GIMME' 'RIOT' "CHEAPENING HAPPENIN'. People are weirdly calm that their gear got limited. Too calm!

Deleted
    There still are riots. Mostly based around AP, AK and legendaries though.....
    ah, these, yes, these ones are the only bad thing about artifacts. Imagine, next expansion you will get green sword. After being Highlady of the Silver Hand, I will be reduced to nobody. I'm already crying inside!

but yes, riots about armors must continue, I mean, start! start is a good beginning, right, or something! But honestly, if this expansion is somewhat offshoot of wotlk, then I would expec paladin tier to get godly!

Deleted
    At this point I think we are both drunk and raving. Have a good night
    I'm not drunk, just in usual confused setting, looking for words!