Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Thanks to the user who suggested uBlock.

I was just using ABP and some ads were still getting through. Once I added uBlock is zapped the last of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea.... this is just a few minutes on MMO-C (total blocked) and the 16,000 one is for one simple page refresh while sitting in a thread in Gen-OT...

After getting totally fed up with slow loading times on this site no matter what I tried to use between (Adblock/Ghostery/ublock origin) I took some earlier advice and through chrome clicked on the 'view site information' tab and turned off everything except images. I found the main culprit to be JavaScript. When it was on the site 'loaded' quickly but it kept trying to load something in the background and after 30 seconds or so would finally stop. During the 30 second or so window it lags WoW and anything else I'm doing to death. With JavaScript off the site loads instantly again.

The main issue that caused me to dig more was that I was starting to see ads with Adblock/Ublock enabled and that was pissing me off. In the future I'll just block everything this site tries to do except images I want to see.

It's not loading fragmentedly for me anymore. (I'm not saying it's the fastest load in the world either, but it's definitely fixed from before.)

(I didn't make ANY change at all.)

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    It's not loading fragmentedly for me anymore. (I'm not saying it's the fastest load in the world either, but it's definitely fixed from before.)

(I didn't make ANY change at all.)
    Just came to post this. No fragmenting, but it's still a slow load with no changes on my end

Btw, now "Go to Last post" button or clicking a subscribed thread doesn't take you to the post. It just opens the page up and leaves you at the very top. Just sayin'. I prefer this over the loading issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Sometimes pages are hanging when I refresh. Similar to a couple of weeks ago but no server messages. Prob just me but wanna know if anyone else is having it?
    I am not really experiencing any of that, not with MMO-Champion.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Btw, now "Go to Last post" button or clicking a subscribed thread doesn't take you to the post. It just opens the page up and leaves you at the very top. Just sayin'. I prefer this over the loading issues.
    Fixed now.

Site is really quick now too. Stop making changes, leave it alone now.

Fixed now.

Site is really quick now too. Stop making changes, leave it alone now.
    Yeah I can actually load the pages fast with JavaScript on again. I don't know what changed in the last day but I hope it stays that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm bumping this because the site is laggy for me. On Chrome, on Linux and W10 boots of desktop.

*** Huge 191MB gif snipped ***

It's loading in pieces. It's super slow. If you go into a specific thread, the Reply/Reply with Quote/Multiquote/Report Post buttons, avatars, etc. are also super slow and display weird text until it fully loads.
    Ironically your massive gif is also slowing down the site!

I posted in the sticky, but I noticed today that Twitch streams are loading as advertisements on various parts of the MMOC site. These kill Chrome's performance.

Whatever they did the site is MUCH better now.

adblock is garbage use adguard

Aaaand the Twitch Streams are back in the advertisements, and the chrome performance is back in the shitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasukkin View Post
    Aaaand the Twitch Streams are back in the advertisements, and the chrome performance is back in the shitter.
    Yeah what the fuck is this shit? Autoplaying videos on page load, awesome. Which dickhead is responsible for that? Triggers me so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by MiLLeR View Post
    Yeah what the fuck is this shit? Autoplaying videos on page load, awesome. Which dickhead is responsible for that? Triggers me so hard.
    The money whoring by MMOC have gotten so bad that they are actively driving people away from the site.

And for the staff, don't bother with the "it's not us, it's the ad providers" excuse again. When you run a large website you have leverage to use against the ad networks. "Stop being retarded or we will take our business elsewhere". You are either too greedy or just too lazy to care.

Thing is, I'm pretty sure that this is against Twitch ToS. It's a way to inflate one's viewer count artificially without legitimately attracting an engaged viewer. Distributed view botting, basically.

IMHO, the best thing that we can do is report these streams to Twitch staff and hope for the best.