Disc vs Holy in PVE?

So with the 7.1 Holy buffs is Holy the strongest healing spec for priests? Also I've heard that holy priests are in a sort of spam flash heal meta, but there was a bug fix with one of the holy artifact traits that make benediction/renew strong. Which play style is more effective for raiding? And I've heard some Holy priests think crit is a bit better than mastery, is this true?

Both specs are within a couple percent of each other. Neither is inherently "better" than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Both specs are within a couple percent of each other. Neither is inherently "better" than the other.
    How come on world Of Logs, every fight's top 10 healers on mythic difficulty have either no priest or a holy priest? I don't see disc at all.

Quote Originally Posted by fireball770 View Post
    How come on world Of Logs, every fight's top 10 healers on mythic difficulty have either no priest or a holy priest? I don't see disc at all.
    I never said Holy or Disc were the best.

I said that they were roughly equal with each other.

That and, top parses for healing are not very good indicators of healer balance; too many variables and too much RNG. Top parses are sometimes skewed in some way, like running with too few healers, or massively overgearing the content, or both.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fireball770 View Post
    What were you looking at? There are certainly disc priests in the top 10 on a number of fights (and these rankings likely wouldn't affect you in the first place).

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    What were you looking at? There are certainly disc priests in the top 10 on a number of fights (and these rankings likely wouldn't affect you in the first place).
    ^This yo

Also, ffs, this is like the 8th post this month asking about disc vs holy. Surely at some point the mods are gonna crack down on this, right?
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    ^This yo

Also, ffs, this is like the 8th post this month asking about disc vs holy. Surely at some point the mods are gonna crack down on this, right?
    Yeah, we really need to make an FAQ sticky and start locking/deleting threads like this that keep asking the same "how is (spec) doing??" questions.

Yeah, we really need to make an FAQ sticky and start locking/deleting threads like this that keep asking the same "how is (spec) doing??" questions.
    Yeah, SOMEONE SHOULD MAKE AN FAQ FOR DISC VS HOLY. WHAT A GOOD IDEA, WHY HASN'T SOMEONE DONE THAT YET?

10+ Year Old Account
    ?

Holy Priests are inherently better than Disc Priests at ST healing, and Disc Priests are inherently better than holy priests at AoE healing.

>page 2 of the thread, near the bottom

Needs to be in the first post, not deep in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    ?

Holy Priests are inherently better than Disc Priests at ST healing, and Disc Priests are inherently better than holy priests at AoE healing.
    Where exactly are you getting the idea that I'm saying that both specs are equal in all aspects?

I said "inherently". All things considered, Disc and Holy are roughly equal, performance-wise. Yes, they have their niches. But OVERALL, neither one is "better" than the other.

>page 2 of the thread, near the bottom
    Needs to be in the first post, not deep in the thread.
    Okay, good idea, I'll just go fix that with all my moderator privileges.