Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

So as a caster what do I do against sub rogues?

Sap, stun, stun, kick, stun, oh I managed to finally cast something yeahhh oh wait he has cloak of godness, oh his kick is back again, oh I can't escape, even if I manage to hurt him after 20 seconds he just has to vanish and reset.

Is there any caster that does well against rogues aside from frost mage? Its really ridiculous,the damage they do is still rather high given how much control and defensive CD they have+ mobility.

Sub rogues are the worst but even outlaw have too many tools to shut a caster down. Ferals are as ridiculous

- - - Updated - - -

Also don't tell me "trinket' because thats just a half second rest from the carnage

tips : with any other class the fight is finished long before the 20 secs where the vanish/reset.

We dont really have damage, dont have hp, at least let us have control.

honestly if you're not running a competent 3's team as a frost mage or a demo lock, its not gonna go that far, unless you play spreist and have a rogue of your own. play orc and run the relentless honor talent. 45% stun dr is fucking op

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by telygroar View Post
    tips : with any other class the fight is finished long before the 20 secs where the vanish/reset.

We dont really have damage, dont have hp, at least let us have control.

At least against other classes I can actually play, I prefer to be bursted by a ret then just AFK against a rogue/feral/monk.
    No damage? I don't agree with this, I would say the damage is still too high for a class that can completely shut down the majority of casters.

HP doesn't matter, you never were meant to tank, most classes are squishy so I don't buy this typical "i'm leather so don't nerf me bro".
    Defensives CD are way more important than extra HP. The majority of dps specs are actually more squishy then rogues because they don't even have half the toolkit leather dps have.
    Last edited by mmocc90fcf6aa1; 2016-11-15 at 10:39 AM.

Deleted
    It's all about the Sheep, Sheep, Sheep! Ice Flow + Sheep is amazing. And make sure you don't blow Shimmer for pointless reasons.

Not having much trouble against Sub Rogue, only when low hp, they pop up to finish me and don't have Ice Block off CD.

Deleted
    in a 1v1?

go afk and let the superior balance take its course

As Ele sham, I'm actually getting better against Sub now..

Got to be talented for Empowered elementals - Lightning surge totem..

General situation;

Rogue saps - opens with stun + Silence
    Counter with - Instant trinket, pop earth ele then lightning storm (Flame shock - Frost shock)
    Rogue will most likely shadow step or sprint straight into Earth elementals 2 second stun, gives you time to LvB, Stormkeeper then drop Lightning surge..
    He'll probs trinket the Lightning Surge (If he didn't trinket Elementals stun) - Either Earthgrab Totem and Gust of Wind away then spam your instant LB's from Stormkeeper or Hex then spam - If They Cloak/Vanish when you Gust of Wind away - Ghost wolf and run or throw a couple of Healing Surges
    If the fight isn't over yet, rinse and repeat - Gust of Wind when possible - keep flame and frost shock up and eventually they'll quit trying or you'll kill them.

Obviously this won't be the case for all rogues as pro players will know whats coming - however not all mid ranked players know how to counter this counter technique

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    in a 1v1?

go afk and let the superior balance take its course
    And how is this helping OP? No wonder you have 17,302 posts if they all share same content.

Against a competent melee, https://youtu.be/c55PtTyvfE4
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Are you talking about damage or 'shutdown' concerning ferals? I could see where you're coming from concerning damage, but I'm not sure about the massive shutdown. AFAIK ferals can only stun and interrupt, which is pretty mediocre compared to almost every other melee.

not saying it's not fine the way it is, as they have great damage and healing to make up for it, but just wondering why you're lumping them in the same category while they are strong for different reasons IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Verbal Lava Spurge View Post
    As Ele sham, I'm actually getting better against Sub now..

Got to be talented for Empowered elementals - Lightning surge totem..

General situation;

Rogue saps - opens with stun + Silence
    Counter with - Instant trinket, pop earth ele then lightning storm (Flame shock - Frost shock)
    Rogue will most likely shadow step or sprint straight into Earth elementals 2 second stun, gives you time to LvB, Stormkeeper then drop Lightning surge..
    He'll probs trinket the Lightning Surge (If he didn't trinket Elementals stun) - Either Earthgrab Totem and Gust of Wind away then spam your instant LB's from Stormkeeper or Hex then spam - If They Cloak/Vanish when you Gust of Wind away - Ghost wolf and run or throw a couple of Healing Surges
    If the fight isn't over yet, rinse and repeat - Gust of Wind when possible - keep flame and frost shock up and eventually they'll quit trying or you'll kill them.

Obviously this won't be the case for all rogues as pro players will know whats coming - however not all mid ranked players know how to counter this counter technique
    stormkeeper got nerfed to 100% vs players because sometimes the ele shaman did damage, back to getting farmed for you.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granolan View Post
    honestly if you're not running a competent 3's team as a frost mage or a demo lock, its not gonna go that far, unless you play spreist and have a rogue of your own. play orc and run the relentless honor talent. 45% stun dr is fucking op
    which is getting nerfed. see front page.

Now wtf is hitting so hard as sub? one shots all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    stormkeeper got nerfed to 100% vs players because sometimes the ele shaman did damage, back to getting farmed for you.
    You are correct, Stormkeeper did need nerfing tbh... but going straight in for 100% reduced damage? Maybe 50% would of been more fair but who wants to be fair when Elemental is involved.. Elemental is either OP as fuck and destroys everything or so shit that 50% of people that play elemental re-rolls.

O well, bye bye Lightning Rod spec, back to Ascendence - 5% int buff means flinging some LvB that aren't gunna hit like a wet noodle!

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Sap, stun, stun, kick, stun, oh I managed to finally cast something yeahhh oh wait he has cloak of godness, oh his kick is back again, oh I can't escape, even if I manage to hurt him after 20 seconds he just has to vanish and reset.

Is there any caster that does well against rogues aside from frost mage? Its really ridiculous,the damage they do is still rather high given how much control and defensive CD they have+ mobility.

Sub rogues are the worst but even outlaw have too many tools to shut a caster down. Ferals are as ridiculous

- - - Updated - - -

Also don't tell me "trinket' because thats just a half second rest from the carnage

You bend over and take it... Take it like a champion... Take it like a caster should with a bit of magic on top.... looool i kid, i kid.

Role a melee and never have to worry about anything for the next two years .. Each and every ability that allowed casters to survive against melee has been nurfed ... Even the tanky casters (Warlock) is getting hit with nurf after nurf in the survive-against-melee department and its pure BS!

Deleted
    You are correct, Stormkeeper did need nerfing tbh... but going straight in for 100% reduced damage? Maybe 50% would of been more fair but who wants to be fair when Elemental is involved.. Elemental is either OP as fuck and destroys everything or so shit that 50% of people that play elemental re-rolls.

O well, bye bye Lightning Rod spec, back to Ascendence - 5% int buff means flinging some LvB that aren't gunna hit like a wet noodle!

Its only PTR but icefury now will hit for 900% spellpower, a huge boost if it keeps similar damage in pvp too. Icefury+empowered ice shock is pretty crazy burst

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Its only PTR but icefury now will hit for 900% spellpower, a huge boost if it keeps similar damage in pvp too. Icefury+empowered ice shock is pretty crazy burst
    Yeah I've just had a look at PTR specs - nice buffs on the talents - Might actually play with Icefury if they actually change it to that - Not worth specing it atm when it hits like 60ks

Lava surge spec is going to be nicee - Echo of the Elements giving 3 charges of LvB = Ascendence isn't needed , 15% increased dmg and 10% proc change for Lava Surge if specced for.. Lava surge might actually proc every so often with the changes! Cos at the moment it hardly ever does in pvp due to the shit 16% haste I'm stuck with!

7.1.5 is looking good for Elemental over all - Same as most expansions, elemental gets raped down to nothing so most people re-roll then a few patches in we actually come back to competitive play! Worth sticking out the bad times cos the good ones are coming back

Yeah I've just had a look at PTR specs - nice buffs on the talents - Might actually play with Icefury if they actually change it to that - Not worth specing it atm when it hits like 60ks

Lava surge spec is going to be nicee - Echo of the Elements giving 3 charges of LvB = Ascendence isn't needed , 15% increased dmg and 10% proc change for Lava Surge if specced for.. Lava surge might actually proc every so often with the changes! Cos at the moment it hardly ever does in pvp due to the shit 16% haste I'm stuck with!

7.1.5 is looking good for Elemental over all - Same as most expansions, elemental gets raped down to nothing so most people re-roll then a few patches in we actually come back to competitive play! Worth sticking out the bad times cos the good ones are coming back
    You say not worth it now but ALL rated players use it ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    You say not worth it now but ALL rated players use it ...

Yes because icefury initial damage is just a bonus, the important part is the empowered shocks. So icefury is already good and will be great with its boost

Is this a troll post? I am happy to remove all the cc during shadowdance if soothing darkness nerf(1/5 of what it heals outside of friggin pvp instances, we are talking about a -80% heal reduction here!) will be reverted.

As for Outlaw, bring back armor reduce mechanics and possibly a MS effect to stay any competetive in Arenas with ist own assassin spec, or else this spec is doomed to do no damage at all to plate bubble Teams.

Otherwise GTFO, no one really cares about caster tears, get a good peel in arenas, you dominate in bgs/rbgs anyways and this by FAR. There isn't even a competition here.