Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    BS

provide real skada, we did it this week with Tyrannical and had 8 minutes left for the last boss and bloodlust ready. We wiped at 7% and the dps did between 340k-370k dps which was too low and the reason we wiped. If you had 2 dps at 600k and 1 at 800k you would have killed him in like a minute way before his aoe dmg even matters.
    Yeh this is bullshit. Last boss with Tyrannical on +10 has around 187mil hp. It took my group just over 2 minutes to kill it with 1.4mil group dps. If you had the dps you claim plus a bit extra for tank and healer damage you're looking at 2.2mil dps. With this damage you would Kill it in 1min25sec. Also our healer 310k hps for the fight, but your holy priest is doing 1mil? Either you're lying or you're wiping 30seconds in with hero up in order to have such inflated dps values. If the latter is true then it's not the boss holding you back, it's your own horrible execution of the mechanics.

I'd love to see an actual log of this.

Had to finally abandon a M+. We had CoS 12, entire dungeon was a relative breeze up until last boss. He had 247M HP, we wiped at 15% a lot. All 3 DPS a little over 450K, Tank at 230K. Team fell apart around 20-30%. Pretty sure it was a healer issue volcanic + late fight, + Hpal didn't seem very fun for him (I do not envy his job there). I also know our hunter was having issues towards the end dodging the blade surge and volcanic got a little out of hand too.

Blood DK, Fury War, Ret, BM Hunter, & Hpal. Avg ilvl prob 875 ish. We beat EoA 11 last week with some pains on the final boss, but this guy just brick walled us.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Pretty much this, Tyranical makes things rather uneven, you have dungeons like Neltharion's Lair were it has almost no effect other than making the second boss fight last long as fck, and then you have the likes of Hrja on HoV and Wrath of Azshara on EoA that become absolute crazy murder machines with tyranical. I much rather deal wiith fortfied, the diffcult increase is a lot more linear across the dungeons.
    The counter is fortified is downright more difficult to make timers for - tyrannical becomes a binary can you pass check to succeed, whereas fortified you KNOW you can pass, but the timer is harder.

The boss abilities that become the most ridiculous should be looked at more than anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    The counter is fortified is downright more difficult to make timers for - tyrannical becomes a binary can you pass check to succeed, whereas fortified you KNOW you can pass, but the timer is harder.

The boss abilities that become the most ridiculous should be looked at more than anything else.
    Not to even mention that trash in dungeons are as different as bosses - the scorpions, and shit-flinging stonegoblins in Nelths lair during fortified are absolute MONSTERS. Their normal damage is intense, but add fortified to the mix extending the pulls AND amplifying the damage? ergh.

A dungeon like Eye, though, which has one of the harder tyrannical bosses (last one) is relatively "easy" compared to most dungeons on fortified though; Only really the double giant pull poses any sort of threat, as almost everything else either has no "unavoidable" mechanics to speak of (hydra's, crabs etc) or they're just AOE fodder that goes down extremely quick (murlocs, crabs, blobs, you get the idea).

Our 15+ was CoS. Did it on a tyran week. Place is joke city compared to most other instances. I have no idea how people find it hard at all. Low numbers of trash, only a couple bosses, buff mechanics to make life even easier and TONS of time.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    Our 15+ was CoS. Did it on a tyran week. Place is joke city compared to most other instances. I have no idea how people find it hard at all. Low numbers of trash, only a couple bosses, buff mechanics to make life even easier and TONS of time.
    Yeah, no, you did not do cos +15 last boss on tyrannical easily.
    Last edited by Piwielle; 2016-11-15 at 07:29 PM.

I don't think so, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Piwielle View Post
    First pull was 9%, second one we fucked up bad, 3rd we killed it. Not really a huge issue.

Deleted

If we have the same both earlier affixes combined with fortified (sanguine, overflowing, fortified) the time for success would be almost the same - the boss fight duration will decreased significantly, since the longer the fight duration the lower the dps. Bosses on +15 without tyrannical are dying >=60sec faster - this is worth one additional trashpull per bossfight (in instances like mos, nl or votw even more, sinsce you can skip a transmission/submerge phase). The basetime per trashpull is usually ~30sec+2sec for any additional mob under this circumstances at usual group comp without any sanguine fail.

Furthermore some instances getting significantly harder to handle with fortified. It requires skilled cd usage at some situations, just like bosses with tyrannical.

damage wise i would say nl+15 on fortified is the cos+15 with tyrannical for timeruns - since the unavoidable incoming trash dps is very absurd, you must use any advantage (breaking LoS, CDs) to survive this fucking discs.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2016-11-15 at 07:53 PM.

Maybe with bugabuse

With that gear? It's like someone in 870 doing a 12-13, which most will agree is doable. Your extra raw health (and assumably 5% artifact damage trait) puts you leagues above the average right now.

Unsurprisingly a gearcheck boss becomes easy when you have a higher ilvl than the majority of this thread.

This is before we consider buffs - effects that make the run faster (note he didn't even mention this, so sounds like his group mostly got useful buffs) by shortcutting minibosses aren't really appreciated on tyrannical, as you can 'casually' make it to the last boss by the 20 minute mark on the 10-12 regions.

2 buffs non regen buffs is either going to give you an extra maelstrom via the DR / health buff or give you 10+% damage per damage buff. Having got a dead (no activator) buff, 2 add summons, and movement speed last night I know the feeling well of useless buffs ;D
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

First pull was 9%, second one we fucked up bad, 3rd we killed it. Not really a huge issue.
    Your achievement is from like 3 weeks or whatever. You either did it with the old exploit, or you're all doing like 700k DPS on a 2min fight.

With that gear? It's like someone in 870 doing a 12-13, which most will agree is doable. Your extra raw health (and assumably 5% artifact damage trait) puts you leagues above the average right now.

Unsurprisingly a gearcheck boss becomes easy when you have a higher ilvl than the majority of this thread.

This is before we consider buffs - effects that make the run faster (note he didn't even mention this, so sounds like his group mostly got useful buffs) by shortcutting minibosses aren't really appreciated on tyrannical, as you can 'casually' make it to the last boss by the 20 minute mark on the 10-12 regions.

2 buffs non regen buffs is either going to give you an extra maelstrom via the DR / health buff or give you 10+% damage per damage buff. Having got a dead (no activator) buff, 2 add summons, and movement speed last night I know the feeling well of useless buffs ;D
    even in 870, you wont have an easy time on last boss unless you specifically have good buffs in the instance and can evade every single charge to prevent the insane bleed, which isnt really easy with plenty of setups, as just running with normal movespeed isnt enough to avoid it

anyone claiming CoS 15 on tyrannical is easy probably bugged the heck out of certain unmentioned places (no, not the doors, they fixed that already) in the room to prevent the charge or was running it in 885 gear and got most dps buffs...

Yes, there were 885+, you can see the armory of the guy talking as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    bugged the heck out of certain unmentioned places (no, not the doors, they fixed that already)
    On that note, they fixed all exploits on this boss, if he fails to blade surge someone, he will simply despawn now.

Deleted
    Yes, there were 885+, you can see the armory of the guy talking as an example.
    sure, there are currently 30 players world wide with an equiped itemlevel of 884 to 886, fake ilvl push gear doesnt count.

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    sure, there are currently 30 players world wide with an equiped itemlevel of 884 to 886, fake ilvl push gear doesnt count.
    and he's 885 as a tank - knowing people don't gear tanks first.

Your achievement is from like 3 weeks or whatever. You either did it with the old exploit, or you're all doing like 700k DPS on a 2min fight.
    The fight lasted almost 3 minutes. 2min 51sec iirc. He had 254m hp. That is only 300k per person give or take. Healer and tank obviously lower, with actual dps obviously higher.

The fight lasted almost 3 minutes. 2min 51sec iirc. He had 254m hp. That is only 300k per person give or take. Healer and tank obviously lower, with actual dps obviously higher.
    Does HP not scale past 12? My CoS 12 had 247M I think. You sure you had Tyrannical when you killed it because the math doesn't check out, unless my shit is wrong.

Either way though, saying something isn't hard, when you are a part of the .01% who have 7/7M on farm and are geared to the teeth.

I mean that'd be like a person who was gifted 40 billion dollars saying I have no idea why poor people are poor, it's easy being rich (note: not saying you didn't earn your gear, the statement is the key part).
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 2016-11-15 at 09:55 PM.

Pretty sure it was 254. I am getting old though, it is possible it was more. Maybe it was 354? I'm pretty sure it was a 54 ending. Doing the math at 354, it would be 400k per person.