Deleted

Absolutely torn between RDruid and RShaman - Seeking some advice

Help!

Firstly, I'm sorry for posting this here. I created this here since my focus for my healer was mainly on M+ and raids and there wasn't a overall forum for classes.

I have a Rdruid at 858 and Rsham at 852. I thoroughly enjoy both but I really don't have the time to dedicate myself to two classes. I really want to lock down on one and I'm just looking for some opinions and insight from better experienced healers of both classes to help me (and any others that may been in a somewhat similar position of deciding between the two) with jumping that final hurdle.

Maybe it might be worth mentioning that I'll be joining a guild with a healing raid team of Holy Paladin and Disc Priest. They are very keen on taking on either my Druid or Shaman, just really undecided as it stands.

Not just looking to hear from Druids and Shams, also interested to know what maybe other healers prefer being teamed with in a raid? Or what tanks prefer in M+? Etc.

I appreciate your time and thoughts!
    Last edited by mmoc37c9767a2c; 2016-11-15 at 02:18 PM.

Either is a good choice in my experience in both atmospheres.

M+ - Resto Druids and Shm are both good and have their strong points. Overall I would say that Druid is slightly better as they can deal with literally any affix combo without issue. Shaman (I heal on this in dungeons) have great utility in stun, interrupts and various totems as well as good burst healing capabilities although healing volcanic can really suck due to constant movement. But really either here works.

Raids - Both are strong but with the healing combination that you listed I would lean towards Druid as it will help out the raid more. Although there seem to be 2X as many resto druids as resto shaman in my experience so if the guild is thinking they may add another Druid the shaman would be a great fit.

Druid - the most mobile healer, good in any situatuon and adapts to any encounter. Negates the overflowing affix in mythic +. Resto Druids excel in literally every possible situation - spread healing or stacked healing, stationary or constantly moving. World quests as bear are also amazingly easy, and I love having the option to tank as well for when tank call to arms is up. Being able to satisfy any role is also very useful for any guild.

Resto shaman is still strong but druid all the way

P.S I play a druid so forgive the bias....

Definitely my two favorite healing classes. Druids have better mobility, which is going to make those fights you'll learn to hate slightly less hate-worthy. The only shaman ability you'll really miss is Spirit Link. The shaman spec always feels like it should be good, but that it's held back by weird ideas of what a shaman is supposed to be like, so you're stuck with clumsy totem mechanics, mobility tied to a long cooldown, and very poor AoE healing when people are spread out.

Shamans have been fantastic in some expansions, but right now... meh.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

sham for raid, druid for M+

druid: very adaptable to fight circumstances, unparalleled ability to handle high movement (yours and the group's), less other 'utility' than shaman

shaman: comparatively stationary, and reliant on fairly static raid position to deliver max throughput. Has various utility toys that are nice in specific situations (SLT, aoe stun, ranged interrupt.)

imo druid is better, if narrowly. I mained a shaman until the end of HFC and I'm playing a druid now, and while there are times I miss some shaman-specific trick overall I'm glad I switched

Rdruid is far better than shaman overall. (Not a bias towards shamans - Rdruids are far ahead than every other healing classes)

But a raid must have at least one shaman for the spirit link.

So depends on your raid comp. If you absolutely can't find a shaman (unlikely) then go shaman to help your raid.

In every other scenario go druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was facing the same scenario. My experience has been druids have basically always been OP healers. Rshams bring alot of utlitity and youre almost always guaranteed to have one in a raid based on cds alone. In the end the choice boiled down to which was the most mobile. After having healed the last 3 expansions as a holy paladin hard casting was out of the question so whichever healer afforded me the best opportunity to avoid that was the winner. It was close but in the end I made the right call. Ive had a blast healing on my rdruid.

I would pick druid with that healing combo you listed. Palas and priests habe a habit of sniping the BIG (1mil+) heals from shamans since they dont usually keep the shaman mastery in mind. Druids mostly stabilize the health of everyone with their hots which makes healing as a shaman way easier.