Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    that new braham outfit though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    The new lvl 100 fractal is really good if you want a challenge. Haven't played it on the lower tiers but I feel like its meant for lvl 100. The challenge mode is also crazy but fatigue set in before we could finish it.

The LS episode felt like the longest one of this season. It felt solid except for the end, you could tell that Anet kind of forced that narrative that they went with. I definitly cringed during it.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats all true except for "raid quality loot". There is no such thing unless they meant the tokens that drop from raids. Ascended gear is raid loot. The tokens kind of make sense because its pretty much a 5 man raid. You might see some people complaining about how hard it is once more people beat the living story episode and have time to do the fractal. The only real issue that I have with it are the health pools of the bosses, how many times must you cycle through the same mechanics, and the final phase of the last boss (on normal, didn't make it to the challenge mode one yet) takes away for the how awesome the rest of the fight was. It goes from being a skilled based fight to a dps race and/or having the right builds to cheese it. My group was able to cheese through it because of our sustain (a guard throwing up protection, an aura healing tempest, 2 reapers healing in reaper shroud, and a herald camping regen). A guildie's group couldn't finish their run even though they had no problem with the rest of the dungeon because there was nothing that they could do to survive the last 1/3 of the fight despite the rest of it being skill based.

I definitely recommend it to anyone that likes raiding or challenging content. Its makes all the other fractals look like a joke.
    Wat, it is definately not a dps race, it is defniately an easy phase imo, the only part i do agree is that it is easier to dps him when he does the last phase.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    that new braham outfit though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    got a picture?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Wat, it is definately not a dps race, it is defniately an easy phase imo, the only part i do agree is that it is easier to dps him when he does the last phase.
    The longer you prolong that last phase, the chances of you wiping go up exponentially. Damage will start coming in faster than your heals can keep up. I think I'm going to do 100 again today just for the experience of it all, daily or not. Will definitely take another crack at challenge mode today.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Got to the maze portion thingy, baby dragon guy bugged out and was unable to continue progressing. Guess I'll give it another whirl tonight and hope he doesn't bug out again.

Others have had the same problem. I didn't but I also killed all of the oozes along the way to each portal, not sure if that is the issue or not though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    got a picture?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Got to the maze portion thingy, baby dragon guy bugged out and was unable to continue progressing. Guess I'll give it another whirl tonight and hope he doesn't bug out again.
    Mine did that too, you can leave the instance without all your progress being reset. They start you at the beginning of the maze part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Others have had the same problem. I didn't but I also killed all of the oozes along the way to each portal, not sure if that is the issue or not though.
    It bugged on me when I killed all the oozes. I just to all the generators on my second try and we were in and out of there in no time.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Mine did that too, you can leave the instance without all your progress being reset. They start you at the beginning of the maze part.
    Didn't know that. Ended up getting frustrated and I was already tired so I just quit out and watched TV. Hopefully it won't bug out again on me tonight!

Just kicked Mordremoths ass and holy shit that fight was a million times better than Zhaitan. Can't wait to get started on the Living World stuff tomorrow but for now time to try and go to sleep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Just kicked Mordremoths ass and holy shit that fight was a million times better than Zhaitan. Can't wait to get started on the Living World stuff tomorrow but for now time to try and go to sleep.
    Agree on that part; albeit pretty much everything is betterthan the Zaithan fight.
    On the other hand; Mordemoth's avatar at the end of the previous living story was just miles better than Mordemoth himself.

On topic: How does the current living story work? Same like season 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Agree on that part; albeit pretty much everything is betterthan the Zaithan fight.
    On the other hand; Mordemoth's avatar at the end of the previous living story was just miles better than Mordemoth himself.

On topic: How does the current living story work? Same like season 2?
    Not sure yet. I imagine so though. Also tbf the initial bit of Zhaitan was fine just the way he died was underwhelming. Although I do have 1 complaint about Mordremoth which is the final phase where waves of adds rush at you where you open the Rift. Felt a bit meh.

Deleted
    Not sure yet. I imagine so though. Also tbf the initial bit of Zhaitan was fine just the way he died was underwhelming. Although I do have 1 complaint about Mordremoth which is the final phase where waves of adds rush at you where you open the Rift. Felt a bit meh.
    Hmm, ok... so i already missed out on 2 parts of the story. Damn.

To everyone else: Is there more to do to earn some gold for casual scrubs, like me, yet?
    I remember being stuck doing the same few quests for hours (in the forelast zone, the ones with assaulting that Auchindon-y building in the middle of the zone) when Thorns came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Hmm, ok... so i already missed out on 2 parts of the story. Damn.

To everyone else: Is there more to do to earn some gold for casual scrubs, like me, yet?
    can go chest farming (such as in the new map or the AB meta)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, well there's AB Multimap, try using it before it gets nerfed, another way is Fotm T4 dailies which imo are quite good, or fotm farm (fotm 40)
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

You should do the world boss where you fight mordremoths body.

Honestly that should of been a requirement for the story because it gives the final location context and it's just a better experience.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Honestly that should of been a requirement for the story because it gives the final location context and it's just a better experience.
    Yeah, the final instance was emblematic of what I dislike in GW2. Repetitive mechanics that you just keep doing and hope not to mess up while stuck in an instance for an hour and heaven forbid you DC, you'll start over...

The Dragon Stand event is a good version of the battle I think, though again, lots of time locked up with it. Sometimes it's hard to even get into an organized one.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I really liked the Mouth of Mordremoth boss battle. It felt like what Zhaitan should have been. The lead up is pretty time consuming and organization-based though. When you do get good groups for it, it's great and I like the lead-up. When you get garbage commanders who don't instruct their squads right or just don't get commanders at all, it sucks and I hate it.

But that goes for just about anything, really.

As for discussion about the episode itself - I want to punch Braham right in the dick. :/ I stand by that he and Marjory are the two worst team members. Marjory because she's a poorly written token lesbian edgelord (I wouldn't have a problem with her if she were written better :/) and Braham's just an idiot. I thought he'd learn from the mistakes he made during the HoT story and the seasons before and at least remember our character has suffered many losses to the dragons too. Not only that, we AVENGED his mother's death and not only that we were 'close' to her too. Closer than he was, ever.

The only thing I kind of agreed with him on is that we should have just taken the 'Destiny's Edge' name in her honor. Other than that, all his ramblings were entirely dumb. The PC hero has gone off on people for less than what he's done.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

I agree that Marjory is boring (I liked her at first though). I want to like Braham but yeah, he has gone all emo there. I probably like Rox the most out of all the new characters (well if we counted Canach, he would be tops).

Welp, finally got to the new zone (I'm super slow, I know) and I'm enjoying it for the most part. Feels like mob and event spawns are a bit too high (likely bumped up to deal with the initial rush) and a lot of the events seem flat out impossible to solo, but still a million times better zone design than the initial HoT zones, glad they've abandoned that nonsense.