Page 1 of 87
... LastLast
    Deleted

7.1.5 Ptr Changes

Affliction

Malefic Grasp Name changed from "Drain Soul" to "Malefic Grasp". Row 1, Column 3. Spell: Drain Soul. Replaces: Drain Soul Malefic Grasp

Destruction

Cataclysm Name changed from "Eradication" to "Cataclysm". Row 4, Column 1. Spell: Eradication Cataclysm
    Eradication Name changed from "Cataclysm" to "Eradication". Row 2, Column 2. Spell: Cataclysm Eradication
    Shadowburn Row 1, Column 3. Spell: Shadowburn. Replaces: Shadowburn

Multiple specs

Empowered Life Tap Name changed from "Mana Tap" to "Empowered Life Tap". Row 2, Column 3. Spell: Mana Tap Empowered Life Tap

They're nerfing Destruction single target damage and not at all addressing any of Demo or Affliction's glaring issues (or Destruction's lol). How out of touch are they? Does NOONE at Blizzard play Warlock?

I can't believe this shit. They can't be serious.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-11-19 at 12:12 PM.

If they dont make reverse entropy baseline they'll be nerfing destruction already shit single target dmg. Its makes no fucking sense.

They'll make reverse entropy erradication and empowered life tap into the same talent tier...

Erradication for cleave/single target and empowered life tap for aoe fight.

Soul harvest will be the way to go for cleave/single target fights on the fourth tier.

Deleted
    Are you shitting me? This nerfs Destruction's single target damage to the ground, doesn't fix fuckall and makes every single problem the spec has just worse.

is this it? this can't be all the changes! they said there were whole new talents for each spec and some talents going baseline? I assume datamining isn't finished, and they did say not all changes would be in the first PTR release
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

No need to panic. Datamined notes are often incorrect and/or miss important details.

Far too early throw our hands up in despair.

They nerfed demonbolt too. Live is 20% per demon out....ptr it's 18%....

Why?
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

Deleted
    Sick "Fixes" blizzard lmao. Retarded to no end.

Deleted
    hooly moly blizzard is on a nerfing spree again, like were warlocks so strong that they needed to nerf EVERYTHING we were good at?

"Keep checking back, notes are in progress!"

Please, be patient...

Edit : The legendary that increases our damage by 15% each time we use Dimensional Rift is gorgeous
    Last edited by jojoushi; 2016-11-15 at 08:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about you read the rest of the patch notes...

I'll drop this here for fun...

Shadowburn Blasts a target for [ 1 + 315% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage. Generates 2 Soul Shards 1 Soul Shards, and an additional1 if the target dies within 5 sec. Destruction Warlock - Level 15 Talent. 1 Soul Shard. 40 yd range. Instant.2% of Base Mana.40 yd range. Instant.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-11-15 at 08:25 PM.

There is also one new legendary for each specc:
    Affli cloak: Reap Souls lasts 2.5 sec longer per soul consumed.
    Destro shoulders: While you have a Dimensional Rift open, all of your damage is increased by 15%.
    Demo Head: Each soul shard you spend empowers your Skull of the Man'ari, increasing the damage of your next Thal'kiel's Consumption by 5%.

destro shoulders rng fest since the the dimensional rifts have different durations.

Deleted
    WarcraftDevs ‏@WarcraftDevs 2 minil y a 2 minutes
    Class updates for Patch 7.1.5 are still in progress, with much more to come. Please keep that in mind if you're looking at datamining.

Quote Originally Posted by blackops2008 View Post
    destro shoulders rng fest since the the dimensional rifts have different durations.
    Two of the best Destro Legendary's are already based on RNG
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Shadowburn Blasts a target for [ 1 + 315% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage. Generates 2 Soul Shards 1 Soul Shards, and an additional1 if the target dies within 5 sec. Destruction Warlock - Level 15 Talent. 1 Soul Shard. 40 yd range. Instant.2% of Base Mana.40 yd range. Instant.
    still bad for 99% of boss fights if they dont move it to baseline.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

and you only have to give up backdraft or roaring blaze

ama-zing!

Wow, I hope there's more changes coming this way as this is almost heartbreaking if not.

If I'm reading this right, there's absolutely 0 QoL improvements for Demo (as well as no talents going baseline) and Affi's garbage traits still remained untouched. They nerfed Demo and Destro ST as well. What a big disappointment if this is all there is.

Deleted
    So basically, every talent on the first row is simgle target, therefore, mutually exclusive, how does this help affliction's terrible single target damage?

Presumably Malefix Grasp will be the go-to?

Siphon Life still a talent.

The new Lifetap is really nice. But it's exclusive to Absolute Corruption. So you got a new maintenance buff AND have to keep three dot sup on everything including Soul Effigy.

lmao

My gues sis that affliction's damage will be mor eor less what it is now. Only you can take the new Lifetap and do even more aoe.

Backdraft Casting Conflagrate reduces the cast time of Incinerate and Chaos Bolt by 30% for 5 sec your next two Incinerates or Chaos Bolts by 30%. Destruction Warlock - Level 15 Talent.

ANOTHER NERF

So we need to chose 2 skills to use after conflagrate ( 2 chaos bolts obviously ) instead 2 chaos bolts + incinerate.