Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Out of control? SPriests have gotten the short stick so many times in xpacs, so it's nice to see them doing well... finally.
    I cannot quite follow the logic of "because they were bad in the past it is their turn to be insanely overpowered right now". I am sorry.

I don't think they're insanely overpowered. I think they do really well on certain bosses with a certain talent, but that's it.
    That's a load of horseshit if I ever saw one lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I don't think that the case at all. I imagine there *maybe* will be some minor adjustments if something is outright, but I wouldn't expect a full on tuning pass going into nighthold.

I'd love to be wrong though.
    Honnestly I think for warlocks are right now in a better position than before and after all the complaining in the past months from the community, they will not touch us unless we do really crazy damage with the 4P of the tier(doing double damage that any class as a scenario).

Deleted
    I don't think they're insanely overpowered. I think they do really well on certain bosses with a certain talent, but that's it.
    the strongest class is always "overpowered" as per definition.
    and for this case they are not just slightly better than the average, but a whole lot.

I don't understand your confusion. honestly.

I think many people tend to overdramatize "overpowered" classes because it's not one they're playing. Are SPriests' in a good spot? Yeah. Are they "insanely overpowered"? No.
    They're not just good.

Shadow priests are a ranged assassination rogue who, unlike said assassination rogue, not only dwarfs the competition on a single target by 10%+ output, but happens to be able to multiply that output in cleave as well.

Shadowpriest is an affliction warlock with burst (that is, direct damage spells) and less ramp up/RNG involved. Their 3 gold traits function consistently, their performance doesn't swing according to RNG resource generation and unlike our shitty souls, they are not crippled in an opener every time they wipe and lose said souls.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The numbers didn't actually bother me.
    Just baffled how the Devs thought putting SB as an optional extra was a good idea.
    and the Talent tree for destruct seems more of a mess than ever.

Really was enjoying the playability of destruct since legion haven't enjoyed so much since MOP, and it just feels broken again.
    Cata should be a baseline spell. Why they keep putting in the talent tree? When you look at the spells SP's have and then talk of button bloat for the reason
    a lot of lock spells were removed...its laughable

Quote Originally Posted by vholu View Post
    I'm actually seriously in love with Affliction right now. Conduit/MG build is pretty fun to play. Maybe they should nerf MG to 60% but i'm not sure how strong we are compared to others yet. Maybe it just feels "too" strong bc we were so weak on ST just hours ago.
    Why they should nerf mg to 60%? Warriors has same or more increases to their damage, sp just no comments here, blizzard just removed stm high skill requirement for them. With affliction they done good job: they buffed ST without buffing multi targets (in reality it got nerfed slightly cause of gosac nerf and hood nerf) without buffing any of spell dmg. What we have for other classes? Flat damage buffs paired with talents changes here in there, results you can see in logs. And as I said before warlocks are first in lines to nerfs to their dmg because we're minority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    They're not just good.

Shadow priests are a ranged assassination rogue who, unlike said assassination rogue, not only dwarfs the competition on a single target by 10%+ output, but happens to be able to multiply that output in cleave as well.

Shadowpriest is an affliction warlock with burst (that is, direct damage spells) and less ramp up/RNG involved. Their 3 gold traits function consistently, their performance doesn't swing according to RNG resource generation and unlike our shitty souls, they are not crippled in an opener every time they wipe and lose said souls.
    Shadow Priests were noted as an outlier that would be fixed in 7.1.5

What actually happened is that they are a strong as before, only it's now more consistent - kings of multi-dot and cleave thanks to extremely powerful dots, single target that is equally strong

The only difference is that any player can do it, instea dof just the ones that could do Surrender properly.

Why would they want to nerf Malefic Grasp? It only feels so good because affliction's single target was so shitty before. You also get a glow out of seeing those big UA crits, but in the background you lost Writhe in Agony and Soul Effigy, it's not as much as it looks. And MG is really screwed by movement.

What get sme is that the devs keep on saying how it;s hard to make a dot class good in a game where burst rules...well they managed it with SP's lol. Watch a video on Sp multidotting and feel sick lmao

For a start they should just abandon the fantasy, a mechanic like Agony should be dumped.
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2017-01-12 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Shadow Priests were noted as an outlier that would be fixed in 7.1.5

What actually happened is that they are a strong as before, only it's now more consistent - kings of multi-dot and cleave thanks to extremely powerful dots, single target that is equally strong

The only difference is that any player can do it, instea dof just the ones that could do Surrender properly.
    It's fine, really. Different specs have different strengths/weaknesses.
    The strength of Shadow Priests is damage, while they are weak becuase they have to use their defensive CD offensively.
    Also while world questing or doing the withered scenario, and maybe they are also weak in the art department.
    Blizzard works in mysterious ways!

(jokes aside, the most powerful spec lorewise is Shadow, because they merit their power from the 2 most powerful entities in WoW: both void and light)

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    It's fine, really. Different specs have different strengths/weaknesses.
    The strength of Shadow Priests is damage, while they are weak becuase they have to use their defensive CD offensively.
    Also while world questing or doing the withered scenario, and maybe they are also weak in the art department.
    Blizzard works in mysterious ways!

(jokes aside, the most powerful spec lorewise is Shadow, because they merit their power from the 2 most powerful entities in WoW: both void and light)
    Blizzard just bad at their job and "promises", nothing else.

Shadow priest dots scale with all their damage amps (voidform), they're good on multiple targets because a bulk of their damage is on shadow wordain followed by vampiric touch. That is, shadow is doing the bulk of its damage dynamically updated to all its targets. Affliction warlocks cannot have an equal amount of unstable afflictions applied to all other targets.

Affliction warlocks on the other hand have a huge portion of their damage sunk on unstable affliction, and because affliction has 3 dots, the damage is diluted across all three dots whereas shadow has its damage condensed on two dots.

More importantly, in multitarget shadow renews its dots automatically via voidbolt whereas affliction has to manually renew each agony and siphon life onto each single target.

Shadow simply has better mechanics as a dot class than affliction warlock. Agony as a dot is simply awful with that ramp up mechanism.

Shadow actually has a functional, well thought of gold traits on top of a powerful artifact nuke so it supplements its dot damage with on demand burst via mindblast, void bolt, and Void Torrent.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2017-01-12 at 02:51 PM.

The affliction honor talents are very fun to play with - a combination of malefic grasp, rot and decay, and death's embrace gives afflocks an insane execute if allowed to channel. It's very noticeable on the bosses in battlegrounds like AV where sustaining 5 UAs into execute range gives ludicrous damage

Ofc I'm a pvp scrub who only does random bgs, I can't see it being viable in rated pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    Today in 5-mans I could no longer proc Sephuz by using Mortal Coil on bosses. Has there been a hotfix or does it still work for ppl? How about the Infernal stun, does it still activate Sephuz vs. bosses?

Deleted
    Yep it got hotfixed

Quite hilarious that we got all those weeks of testing on the PTR and they are having to do a class balancing hotfix "in the very near future"

Just ...lol

After all that time classes are so broken they have to do a balancing hotfix within two or three days, not even waiting for Nighthold data

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Today in 5-mans I could no longer proc Sephuz by using Mortal Coil on bosses. Has there been a hotfix or does it still work for ppl? How about the Infernal stun, does it still activate Sephuz vs. bosses?
    It already stopped working by the time I got into raid yesterday.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwill View Post
    I'd take it for shit and giggles in world PvP but not at the cost of an actually useful one. Sadly, I already have Prydaz and Norgannon's boots so chances are I'm gunning for either that ring or the pants next!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwill View Post
    Sadly, called it :

2/2 on calling it!

Since this seems to work, Hood and Cape next please.
    Last edited by Dwill; 2017-01-15 at 05:52 AM.

Congrats. Seriously, screw boring DPS boosts. Utility legendary items are way more fun. I'm running Prydaz and Dark Strike right now, I've got Pillars in reserve for the right situations, and I'd love the Foresight boots for high movement fights.

A bit of extra Agony damage? Who'd even be able to tell the difference unless you're stroking your Skada epeen. Prydaz plus Norg's means you can stand still and ignore half the bad stuff and keep channeling Drain Soul while running out of the other half. That's both a major DPS increase AND more fun. Dark Strike plus Pillars means you're the god of kiting, which is great for WQ and Brawler's Guild. Take AC, DoT everything in sight, and let them explode while they futilely try to catch up to you.

Maybe you won't win Omen on Patchwerk, but when was the last time that mattered? I honestly think you've got the best ones there.

Pillars is really underrated. Fuck other classes in my raid, they got their own ports/leaps, I'll use my own gateways as a 40 yard leap on demand for myself.

Makes Helya on maw of souls a total joke too. 2 gateway ports+ demonic circle = who gives a shit about breath.

Makes it really easy on last phase of Odyn as well getting to the safe zones.

Quite frankly after pillars I'm more indignant as to why Demonic Gateway isn't instant cast baseline to begin with.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2017-01-15 at 08:01 AM.