why cant blizzard make cool quests?

I dont get it. We get new quests and they are just....stupid.

They have so much experience from WoW quests and achievements to make the game more creative. But no...

All we get is "play 10 pirates" or "play 75 murlocs"...so when i want gold (what is the only reason i do such a quest), the basic strategy is make a fail deck full of what is needed...crap it on the board lose 1-2 games, take gold....really???

Why cant they make a quest like:

Win a game using only spells...
    Win a game without using your hero power...
    Win a game without damaging an enemy minion...
    Win a game without going below 20hp...
    Win a game, where you deal the killing blow with a weapon...
    Destroy 20 minions in one game...

Well, of course some of those decks would be maybe dumb too...but at least you need to build a deck for it. A little bit similar to brawl.
    Most of my quests demand to win, because its stupid to get rewarded by just "play X amount". Somehow i want to get challenged

Yes most likely there would be for every quests a netdeck, but you could still try yourself :P

I got a good one! Beat midrange shaman two times with renounce warlock. That shall provide a challenge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Well, of course some of those decks would be maybe dumb too...but at least you need to build a deck for it. A little bit similar to brawl.
    Most of my quests demand to win, because its stupid to get rewarded by just "play X amount". Somehow i want to get challenged
    Because we already have people constantly up on arms about how tough it is for new players (aka players without many cards) to win, and the shitstorm would be infinitely worse if these quests were actually challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Because we already have people constantly up on arms about how tough it is for new players (aka players without many cards) to win, and the shitstorm would be infinitely worse if these quests were actually challenging.
    Maybe im to old and just from another era of videogames.

--> The purpose of a game is to be challenging and you feel satisfaction because you can master it and its not just about killing time<--

Games used to be way harder, sometimes even cruel. Now everything has to be easy and fast doable. Things that are to easy lose their attraction.

After all, ppl can still change the quest if they dont like it. Or make it like "standard" and "wild" just activate a checkbox if you want new or classic quests.

I think hearthstone is a great game mainly because of the huge variety of combinations of cards and decks you can figure out. Thats why i find it demotivating when i play and i meet the same 3-4 dumbed down decks and quests where the challenge is to "put a card on the board" :P

Deleted
    --> The purpose of a game is to be challenging and you feel satisfaction because you can master it and its not just about killing time<--
    Actually the purpose of a game is to have fun. For some that means steep learning curves and insanely difficult challenge, while for others it's just having 20 minutes of fun playing cards. There are plenty of options for both, so nothing keeps you from seeking them out. For example, you could seek out the kerbal space program.

Games used to be way harder, sometimes even cruel. Now everything has to be easy and fast doable. Things that are to easy lose their attraction.
    Really? Because I don't remember space quest, super mario, pong, or any number of old games being that difficult. Some were, of course, but most were just because of really bad design.

They have so much experience from WoW quests and achievements to make the game more creative. But no...

All we get is "play 10 pirates" or "play 75 murlocs"...so when i want gold (what is the only reason i do such a quest), the basic strategy is make a fail deck full of what is needed...crap it on the board lose 1-2 games, take gold....really???

Yes most likely there would be for every quests a netdeck, but you could still try yourself :P
    the challenge is to play 75 pirates as fast as possible while still winning the games, and the best part is that it isnt forced on you, so if you dont have pirates or just cant be arsed with making a pirate deck you can still rotate the quest away.

The issue with half of these ideas you have mentioned is they don't promote regualr Hearthstone gameplay.

EG: I get the quest to play 15 overload cards (one I had yesterday)
    I fill my deck with overload cards and cards with draw, I play 2 games I lose one win one cool, quest done i'm happy I got a win while doing the quest.

Take one of your suggestions:
    Win a game without going below 20 hp.
    Ok I take out my desk as soon as I hit 19hp I quit, as even if I win i'm not going to finish the quest so whats the point (if I am just going for quest complition which 70% of the time I am)
    I keep dropping matches for X number of games just getting more frustrated each time I drop below 20 hp, until I win, I'm not happy I'm frustrated.
    People will say well you have to play control warrior, thats great and all for those of us that have been playing a long time and we have elise / Justicar etc etc, but for new players this is a very hard quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually gonna go with the OP here and say that this would be awesome if done well with carefully crafted quests. Your opponent wouldn't know what the hell you are up to until the game is over then it all becomes clear when the quest you completed is revealed to them.

This reminds of the 72 offsuit game in poker normally the worst starting hand. The rule is that if ever you win a hand with 72 offsuit everyone at the table has to give you a predetermined fixed amount of their stack. Certainly adds a new dimension to the game.

Yes I agreed with someone on the internet, call the press.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Really? Because I don't remember space quest, super mario, pong, or any number of old games being that difficult. Some were, of course, but most were just because of really bad design.
    Can't speak for Space Quest but Super Mario was made just as video games were coming out of the golden era and everything took a nose dive, high-scores were no longer a thing and more money could be inserted to continue the same game if you so desired. The original Pong started easy but got ridiculously difficult extremely quickly.

Think of games like Defender and Robotron, those were difficult but masterable with dedication. The motivation was that because kids had to pay for credits out of limited pocket money you had to get better for longer games, bigger higher scores with permanent initials and to show off at the arcade.

[QUOTE=PPN;43305881

:P[/QUOTE]

these types of quests are incredibly hard to achieve in random game. Therefore the community would probably be angered if they got one of these quests as they would have to waste a reroll just to get one they can do. For instance killing 20 minions in one game can only be achieved as a control deck vs a zoo deck and you still have to get the person to not concede when they run out of steam just so you can finish a quest. Most of the time by the 10th minion kill they are out of steam and conceding because they haven't got you low enough for it to matter. You have to be practical with quests.

A better alternative would be quests that ask you to play certain combos. Such as a quest requiring you to play fuegen and stalagg in one game. You don't have to win or even get thaddius out, you just need to play those 2 cards in one game. Another example would be to play reno jackson while under half health. Something a lot of decks do naturally but you may not do it very much that get you playing different types of decks. That's the whole purpose of quests is to get you to try out different archetypes and feeding you some gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faint^ View Post
    I got a good one! Beat midrange shaman two times with renounce warlock. That shall provide a challenge.
    beat a zoolock with 0 draw/discover cards.

Quote Originally Posted by rykon1459918 View Post

Take one of your suggestions:
    Win a game without going below 20 hp.
    Ok I take out my desk as soon as I hit 19hp I quit, as even if I win i'm not going to finish the quest so whats the point (if I am just going for quest complition which 70% of the time I am)
    I keep dropping matches for X number of games just getting more frustrated each time I drop below 20 hp, until I win, I'm not happy I'm frustrated.
    People will say well you have to play control warrior, thats great and all for those of us that have been playing a long time and we have elise / Justicar etc etc, but for new players this is a very hard quest.
    Yeah well, some of my suggestions dont promoto regular gameplay. Still the new quests we have now are quiet boring.