Thread: 7.1.5 BM Nerfs

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

7.1.5 BM Nerfs

1. -5% crit (goes for all hunter specs)
    2. Tooltip change IN CASE you get a legendary that gives Dire Beast/Frenzy 2 charges
    3. Barrage nefed by 50% on the target (BM ONLY)

Will be updated....

Good Job blizz!

5% crit is sad, but w/e.
    No idea what you mean by tooltip change. 2 Stacks of DB is a legendary and got nothing to do with buffs or nerfs.
    BM didn't pick Barrage all that often anyways.

Are you sure it's a nerf?

-Spiritbound buffs non-pet AND pet damage now by 5% instead of just pet

Maybe that cancels out the 5% loss of crit. (EDIT: removed the charges comment, I see what OP means now regarding legendary)

I read in the other forum post, but want to confirm, with the BM Shoulder legendary if you get a proc of Dire Beast does it give one full charge OR does it only reset the current cooldown?

Quote Originally Posted by Quill View Post
    Are you sure it's a nerf?

-Spiritbound buffs non-pet AND pet damage now by 5% instead of just pet

Maybe that cancels out the 5% loss of crit. (EDIT: removed the charges comment, I see what OP means now regarding legendary)
    Considering EVERY class had a overall buff with that trait, and BM only buffed pets, i see it as a hotfix, not a buff to the spec, that should have been that way from day one.... appart from that, the hunter itslef counts for 15-20% damage, hati and beast counts for the rest, so that "buff" is marginal, barely noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftdeus View Post
    I read in the other forum post, but want to confirm, with the BM Shoulder legendary if you get a proc of Dire Beast does it give one full charge OR does it only reset the current cooldown?
    You get 2 charges passively with the legendary, as in, your opener will have 2 charges from the go, and when it resets from`wild call, you will get a charge stacked to your current cooldown.

Deleted
    Aren't all DPS classes losing 5% crit?

The new legendary, like many have stated should of been baseline.

Barrage got nerfed on MM as well. Never used it so not fussed but an AoE ability that did more damage on ST seemed weird anyway.

The 5% crit nerf will affect our DB reset procs though which sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Tar Trap Hurls a tar trap to the target location that creates a 8 yd radius pool of tar around itself for 30 sec when the first enemy approaches. All enemies have 50% reduced movement speed while in the area of effect. Trap will exist for 1 min.
    Specializations changed from Survival to Beast Mastery/Marksmanship/Survival

Freezing Trap Hurls a frost trap to the target location that incapacitates the first enemy that approaches for 1 min. Damage will break the effect. Limit 1. Trap will exist for 1 min.
    Specializations changed from Survival to Beast Mastery/Marksmanship/Survival
    Last edited by mmoc2810eb85ec; 2016-11-15 at 10:49 PM.

Deleted
    I don't get it... BM should be getting buffs..

Hati movement should be getting fixed or remove and the damage added to your actual pet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphre View Post
    1. -5% crit (goes for all hunter specs)
    2. Tooltip change IN CASE you get a legendary that gives Dire Beast/Frenzy 2 charges
    3. Barrage nefed by 50% on the target (BM ONLY)

Will be updated....

Good Job blizz!
    Couldn't care less about Barrage being nerfed. Haven't used it in months.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

It's a bit weird though that they nerfed it for BM only, when BM very rarely takes Barrage anyway.

I like the changes to Spiritbound, we're now on par with all other classes in that department. I'm also curious how Wild Call will interact with Dire Beast now since it is charged based now and doesn't have a cooldown timer which can be reset. Surely they'll change it so auto-attack criticals have a 20% chance to grant 1 charge, otherwise I view this as a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    Aren't all DPS classes losing 5% crit?
    Only agi dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintas View Post
    I like the changes to Spiritbound, we're now on par with all other classes in that department. I'm also curious how Wild Call will interact with Dire Beast now since it is charged based now and doesn't have a cooldown timer which can be reset. Surely they'll change it so auto-attack criticals have a 20% chance to grant 1 charge, otherwise I view this as a nerf.
    It just resets it. I had hoped that a Wild Call proc would consume the proc but leave the charge if there was one but it's not the case. Literally no change to how it stands now, the charge is just there for new shoulders that grant another charge. 5% less crit though will effect Wild call quite badly. In my experience it either doesn't proc or you random get 3 procs.

On the PTR DB / DF work exactly the same as they do on live.

They made the change people wanted with DB / DF only they gated it behind a Legendary. Jobs done mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    As far as WoWhead is concerned, Barrage was not nerfed, but feel free to correct me if you logged on PTR & checked.
    Wowhead also lists Barrage as not doing dmg to your main target and seperate dmg to all other targets. Barrage now just does flat dmg to all targets.

[($rw + $RW) / 2 * 0.7 * 15 * (1 + $ersadmg) * 1.2] Physical damage to the target and an average of [($rw + $RW) / 2 * 0.7 * 7.5 * (1 + $ersadmg) * 1.2] Physical damage
    vs

an average of [($rw + $RW) / 2 * 0.7 * 7.5 * (1 + $ersadmg) * 1.2] Physical damage

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    As far as WoWhead is concerned, Barrage was not nerfed, but feel free to correct me if you logged on PTR & checked.
    They removed the single target dmg from barrage, now it does only the spread dmg to every target and not that single target increased dmg + the spread dmg that was 50% of the st

After all confusing adjustments made to mm, as a bm hunter i feel ok wont do maths, calculations or think of new playstyle.

Why didnt blizz make dire beast extra charge baseline instead of presenting it baked on a legendary ? ...

I expect more talent changes and tuning on bm as they mentioned there will be more changes coming.

The legendaries went from bad to worse, what is Blizz doing...locking away a great quality of life change for BM behind complete RNG. Its the same case for MM I hear, they have a legendary that makes Aimed Shot castable while moving, the idea is awsome, in a legendary...no!

Its incredibly retarded to have a RNG low-drop chance item that changes CORE rotation and gameplay. Everybody wants that gameplay, but only a small percentage will ever actually be able to experience it.

Core rotation change with tier sets aren't as bad because they drop a LOT, legendaries don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    The legendaries went from bad to worse, what is Blizz doing...locking away a great quality of life change for BM behind complete RNG. Its the same case for MM I hear, they have a legendary that makes Aimed Shot castable while moving, the idea is awsome, in a legendary...no!

Its incredibly retarded to have a RNG low-drop chance item that changes CORE rotation and gameplay. Everybody wants that gameplay, but only a small percentage will ever actually be able to experience it.

Core rotation change with tier sets aren't as bad because they drop a LOT, legendaries don't.
    Exactly, I felt this way since before these changes and its the main reason I'm just letting my sub run out. The gearing process is just not fun anymore, and way too RNG. As the expansion goes on, you won't even be able to get into a top guild unless you have a certain few legendaries. If you are unlucky and in a competitive guild, your slot could be filled by people will better legendaries regardless of how good you are.

Legendaries should have been tokens, where you choose which you want and until that happens I am done with mythic raiding.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2016-11-16 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    On the PTR DB / DF work exactly the same as they do on live.

They made the change people wanted with DB / DF only they gated it behind a Legendary. Jobs done mate.
    isnt the way charges work such that if you get a proc the "cooldown" timer carries on until it is refreshed, but just doesnt add a charge if capped?

my understanding is something like:

DB has 5 secs left and the free one procs.
    Spend the free one immediatly
    next charge refreshes < 5 seconds later, rather than a 12 second reset.
    when used next DB goes back on CD for 12 secs

etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuya View Post
    isnt the way charges work such that if you get a proc the "cooldown" timer carries on until it is refreshed, but just doesnt add a charge if capped?

my understanding is something like:

DB has 5 secs left and the free one procs.
    Spend the free one immediatly
    next charge refreshes < 5 seconds later, rather than a 12 second reset.
    when used next DB goes back on CD for 12 secs

etc
    Works like that if you have the new legendary item. Base it will work EXACLY like it is on live. Wich is fucking stupid.