Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    wtf are retina graphics.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems perfectly fine to me.
    Sure they got the inspiration from WoW. But Blizzard doesn't own the models. I'm sure someone came up with a ragnaros model somewhere before Blizzard did. There's no base lawsuit as there is no copyright breach. Ridiculous thread.

Deleted
    You would laugh if you'd see how many asian game companies use the wow icon sets and assets etc. in their very first proposal to publishers.

Deleted
    downloading

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    That is an horrendously racist comment that shouldn't be allowed
    White it may be a broad stroke, or gross misgeneraliztion, it is hardly racist. There are about a dozen racist names for Asians/Chinese, and none were used. You need to find a new word and quit crying wolf.

Deleted
    Don't be so soft it's not close to racist, China has a long history of ignoring copyright. If this is racist then saying "Americans are fat" is racist.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    They manufacture it and that is how they rip it off. Then the western companies who developed, designed, engineered, etc. the products can't sell them in China, because they have high taxation and local ripoff products are undercutting. The trouble in the recent decade is that those ripoffs are now crawling into western markets too. We are so smart we let them steal technology and sell it back to us. Thanks to their cheap slave-like labor and no taxation from our governments they undercut prices on our own markets.
    Some would say that's smart. To be honest as well, a lot of Chinese companies make very good shit, OnePlus mobile phones for example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    wtf are retina graphics.
    Oh god no, let's hope Apple don't see this. All we need from them is "Retina Gaming: Gaming at high definition" and then trying to sue anyone who makes games at 720p...

Copyright laws are different in China, hence them(the app company) not giving a fuck. Get it? Toughen up.

On top of that, the comment pertains to the Chinese government which creates the laws, not the race of Chinese people, as you see it.

Maybe you have some underlying racism issues you want to get out?
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2016-11-16 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Copyright laws are different in China, hence them(the app company) not giving a fuck. Get it? Toughen up.

On top of that, the comment pertains to the Chinese government which creates the laws, not the race of Chinese people, as you see it.

Maybe you have some underlying racism issues you want to get out?

It is the poster's job to make his meaning clear and I will say no more.

7+ Year Old Account
    Foreign Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post
    Do Blizzard own orcs and elves?
    no, but those are literally blizzard characters. There is even a ripoff varian named vareen. I mean if you want to justify it, go ahead. But it is blatant infringement

It is the poster's job to make his meaning clear and I will say no more.
    You probably should have noticed the thread you were in. The entire question the OP has is how something so blatantly stolen doesn't end up in a lawsuit. That was your "meaning" right there.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    You probably should have noticed the thread you were in. The entire question the OP has is how something so blatantly stolen doesn't end up in a lawsuit. That was your "meaning" right there.
    Oh, it's you.

The thread we're in doesn't matter one bit. The way you phrased it could be interpreted in more than one way.

Oh, it's you.

The thread we're in doesn't matter one bit. The way you phrased it could be interpreted in more than one way.
    You probably should have read the other posts saying the same thing. Context is useful. Did you just click on a random post, read it and reply? No context whatsoever? None at all? I'm impressed.

As long as:
    1. They didn't just rip the images or models, but actually drew an "inspired" version of them
    2. They didn't call them by their Warcraft names

They are fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    It's probably bundled with malware as well
    Yup. I wouldn't put it past them to try and steal your authenticator input somehow.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I don't see any resemblance to be honest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by subanark View Post
    As long as:
    1. They didn't just rip the images or models, but actually drew an "inspired" version of them
    2. They didn't call them by their Warcraft names

They are fine.
    Nah. It's too similar but it's China so they won't be touched. Companies have been sued for less...aka swipe left, round edges.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

You see garbage like this appearing every week on apple and android app store (not defending blizzard) it's because they have 0 quality control and allow for shovelware. Tbh wouldnt surprise me if this shit was on steam too.

Deleted
    Looks like fair use to me!

/s