Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    They need to get rid of the electoral college. If you look it up, it was used so only white male republicans had an advantage over minorities so they couldn't be able to vote. In the end, the white male republican would be the deciding factor of an election. Its an outdated system that needs to be removed. Clinton, however will still be able to be in the white house on Dec 19th.
    Not only is your white privilege garbage wrong (still salty it seems), but the strategies pursued to win the EC vs popular vote are vastly different. This is ignoring that also 46% of the country didn't vote. Are you going to find a way to fix that? Or just keep whining because Hillary lost?

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Yes and no.
    Currently the federal government is not in 'charge' of the presidential elections.
    For them to change this would require an amendment.
    However, the states can currently apportion their electoral votes however they like (irrespective of any elections) - So the states can solve this by themselves.
    Still need to address that larger states are underrepresented by the EC.

More than welcome to try and amend the constitution. I highly doubt it would work, but please try.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    If you removed it, there would be no "state powers" at all. Location would be meaningless. A vote in Ohio matches a vote in Utah.
    Finally! Someone who gets that this is about states, not individuals. Most arguments I read in favor pretend that its for individuals.

Good luck getting 2/3rds of the senate on board or 38 states.

She is simply blowing hot air.

And you people are being salty.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    Pssst... We president, and House, and Senate, and Supreme court now.

You'll be lucky if we don't undo the last 100 years of your Marxist "accomplishments". Starting with the Child Sacrifice for profit, Roe v Wade.

Personally that's on the top of my agenda,
    Yeah, I look forward to witnessing the unraveling of 50-ish years of progress in civil rights. Because fuck people, right? Unless they're fetuses, in which case they must be protected at all costs.

Also - let's take a quick look at why Republicans won everything, shall we?

House - gerrymandering
    Senate - power weighted in favor of states, which gives rural states (which is the majority of states) - and thus tradiationally Republican states - a disproportionately immense amount of power
    Presidency - electoral college

This Republican insurgency is not the will of the people. It's the will of a radical minority.
    Last edited by Underverse; 2016-11-16 at 12:03 AM.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I wonder if it would require a Constitutional amendment?
    With it being a part of the constitution, at least 75% of congress and then the senate have to approve it, and then each state would have to approve it or not as well with 75% of them voting to end it. It wont happen as that would give to much electoral power to 2 states. California and New York, both of which are democrat strongholds. The electoral college is there to make sure that each and every states votes count. When you vote in the November election, you are not really voting for president, you are voting for how you want your electorate to vote when they vote for the president.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

The fact that some of you think a state like CA should dictate the rest of the country is hilarious. There is plenty of countries you can move to if you want this. Oh wait, you will just make hypocritical threats then say it was only a joke later.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    The fact that some of you think a state like CA should dictate the rest of the country is hilarious. There is plenty of countries you can move to if you want this. Oh wait, you will just make hypocritical threats then say it was only a joke later.
    California isn't 50% of the US population.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    They need to get rid of the electoral college. If you look it up, it was used so only white male republicans had an advantage over minorities so they couldn't be able to vote. In the end, the white male republican would be the deciding factor of an election. Its an outdated system that needs to be removed. Clinton, however will still be able to be in the white house on Dec 19th.
    And if its removed it will be the opposite....

40 of the 50 states will have no say in and New york/California will just put people into office who will pass whatever benefits them..

Candidates won't even spend money in small states anymore and would spend 80% of their time trying to get the largest Groups....

The electorial college is there for a reason and if you think 3/4th of the states are gonna ratify that? your out of your mind it would literally mean small states don't matter at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    And then once they're babies, fuck them too!
    Now hold on, we don't believe in premarital sex around these parts, and that goes for babies too.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Yeah, I look forward to witnessing the unraveling of 50-ish years of progress in civil rights. Because fuck people, right? Unless they're fetuses, in which case they must be protected at all costs.
    You know saying that don't scare me right? i am gay black man i am everything they hate in 1 person, yet i am not the least bit worried they will cart me off. I think you and most of the left are living in a fantasy land.

Shit i even got a loaded gun ready for the Trumpen SS to come and kill me and my BF. But they have not arrived yet, have you any news on that front?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I like how people always zero in on California and New York and ignore Texas...
    California 70-30 Democrat
    New york 80-20 Democrat
    Washington DC 95-5 Democrat...

Texas 55-45...

That is why.

California and New York are the Liberal Capitols of the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    Because it's better to have Pennsylvania and Ohio dictate the direction of the country while simultaneously relegating millions of votes into immateriality - right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mohoots View Post

40 of the 50 states will have no say in and New york/California will just put people into office who will pass whatever benefits them..

Candidates won't even spend money in small states anymore and would spend 80% of their time trying to get the largest Groups....

The electorial college is there for a reason and if you think 3/4th of the states are gonna ratify that? your out of your mind it would literally mean small states don't matter at all.
    Yep, it would be like the proverbial turkeys voting for Christmas.

Seriously, can you lefties just stop being such sore losers?

Makes everyone wonder how insufferable you guys would have been if you had won. They'd probably lynch anyone wearing those Make America Great Again hats.

10+ Year Old Account

Hate to tell ya, but only a few states are really in play with the EC, only the states will change if its gone. Its about the states, not the people. Who cares about what the states want. I personally care more about what the people want.

- - - Updated - - -

California 70-30 Democrat
    New york 80-20 Democrat
    Washington DC 95-5 Democrat...

Texas 55-45...

That is why.

California and New York are the Liberal Capitols of the world.
    Such a shame NY and Cali pick up so much slack for the other states.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garr21 View Post
    You know saying that don't scare me right? i am gay black man i am everything they hate in 1 person, yet i am not the least bit worried they will cart me off. I think you and most of the left are living in a fantasy land.

Shit i even got a loaded gun ready for the Trumpen SS to come and kill me and my BF. But they have not arrived yet, have you any news on that front?
    Yeah I don't think you understood my post. I didn't even allude to anything that you're talking about. Dissolution of civil rights doesn't mean people are going to be put in camps.

[QUOTE=GennGreymane;43311532]Hate to tell ya, but only a few states are really in play with the EC, only the states will change if its gone. Its about the states, not the people. Who cares about what the states want. I personally care more about what the people want.

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]

Of course its about the states. Why do you think its called the United States?

People just salty they lost i'm all for getting rid of the EC because it is archaic for the time but you need national voter ID first if illegals couldn't vote HRC wouldn't even be ahead in the popular voter tbh so the outrage is moot

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Judgedredd;43311589]
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Hate to tell ya, but only a few states are really in play with the EC, only the states will change if its gone. Its about the states, not the people. Who cares about what the states want. I personally care more about what the people want.

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]

Of course its about the states. Why do you think its called the United States?
    I just find it funny when i read online about how this protects people.