The 'New' Affliction

So Affi is getting some changes that will make for interesting burst window set up ..

Drain Soul is going base line and its damage lowered because in its place we get a talent that has DS increase DoT damage by 20%. Now look at Rot and Decay on PTR and you will notice that only Drain Soul triggers it. Lastly I see synergy between those two talents and 'Contaigen' which buffs all damage on targets affected by Unstable Affliction.

So we lose sustained from Writhe Agony but gain burst via Malefic Grasp+Contagion. As for play style I think Drain Life is relegated to only heals and we burst as usual (bank all the shards and dump full DoT's+all UA on kill target and Drain Soul) ...

Looking forward to seeing numbers on:

Writhe Agony Vs. Malefic Grasp (+ Contagion)

Sustained Vs. Burst (+ Absoulute Corruption)

Edit: I just noticed 'Drain Life' has been removed from all talent tooltip (Artifact / Spec / PvP) and replaced with Drain Soul ..
    Last edited by Cempa; 2016-11-16 at 09:06 AM.

Deleted
    They way I read the notes they remove Drain Life completely from Affliction. Add to that the nerf to Essence Drain and Affli Warlock survivability took quite some hit imo.

OMG you are right ... Essence Drain gets hit with a 50% NURF ... seriously what da FUQ is wrong with these people .. Not only are melee kings they keep nurfing anything that gives caster a glimmer of hope ..

Cempa

You should receive a title of "salty salter" or some other equivalent,

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    OMG you are right ... Essence Drain gets hit with a 50% NURF ... seriously what da FUQ is wrong with these people .. Not only are melee kings they keep nurfing anything that gives caster a glimmer of hope ..
    So 5 x 5 = 25% damage reduction is not enough for you? Seriously?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    It is pretty simple: The most stationary classes in this game need to have the highest innate defense to compensate for not being able to get out of a situation where they are trained by several melee at the same time and take high constant damage.

If 25% will be enough has to be seen but with the nerfs to Warlock survivability from earlier patches it is currently quite hard to surive the melee train even at 50% reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    Because its not 25% or even 50% .. the stacks are easily dropped .. The only way to maintain the stacks is if the warlock is free casting on one target only and completely ignoring every one else ... Interrupt his green laser -or blue laser come patch- and stacks drop .. Any form of hard CC drops the stacks ..

The only place this talent shines is 1v1 ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arancor View Post
    It is pretty simple: The most stationary classes in this game need to have the highest innate defense to compensate for not being able to get out of a situation where they are trained by several melee at the same time and take high constant damage.

If 25% will be enough has to be seen but with the nerfs to Warlock survivability from earlier patches it is currently quite hard to surive the melee train even at 50% reduction.

But you shouldn't be able to survive multiple melee (or ranged) on you, its not possible anymore against any semi competent player. Any class even monks can be shut down completely if the other people are not clueless. The age of roguecraft or vurtne is over

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    But you shouldn't be able to survive multiple melee (or ranged) on you, its not possible anymore against any semi competent player. Any class even monks can be shut down completely if the other people are not clueless. The age of roguecraft or vurtne is over
    A Warlock can not survive multiple melee alone my friend .. Warlock is going no where at all .. with a couple of melee you got x2 interrupts with a barrage of CC to follow ..

Lets call it like it is .. all you need to do it not let the lock cast drain life for 6sec .. is that really that hard??