Page 1 of 54
... LastLast
    Deleted

7.1.5: Fire completely wrecked

Looking at simcraft and logfiles, fire was far from a top DPS spec. Scaling shows we are falling behind heavily come 900+ gear as it is. Yet, we get hit by the wrecking ball. Summary follows

NERF:
    Fire Blast: one charge only
    Flame on: +1 charge only
    Icy flows: gone
    Rune of Power: Down to +40% dmg
    Combustion: Nerfed to 50% mastery increase

BUFF/ADDITIONS:
    Frenetics speed: useless talent, or maybe not since icy flows are gone
    Controlled Burn: rnd hot streaks instead of Flame on talent
    Cauterise: base spell, okay, but id rather not have an anti-skill talent compensate major dps loss

Legendaries:
    - Bracers made completely useless
    - Waist might become the best legendary considering flame on is practically gone

So they take away the reactive elements and replacing it with more rnd procs. This will completely destruct current fire mage play style even though it was a great and fund class to play!

Rip fire, have fun melees doing 500 while afking
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTrouble View Post
    Fire Blast: one charge only
    That's the low level version. The Lvl 110 one has two charges, plus another one from Flame On (which also lowers Fire Blast CD by 4 sec).
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Flame On got buffed and is actually stronger than the live version right now.

Considering their goal was to change talent diversity there's no way it's final, but there you go.

Yet another "I have seen something datamined that is completely worthless without proper context, but I will take it for gospel that I know it means the sky is falling" threads.

Deleted
    The balls of fire mages to whine like this when unholy has been buttfucked for years is staggering.

Lol didn't see combustion nerf, only decent cd gutted to half power, unless they buff overall dmg i'm done with fire (and maybe with mage too)
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2016-11-16 at 09:12 AM.
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by idonthinksodude View Post
    brb rerolling melee
    My assa rogue is 861 and has legendary bracers (bis for assa)
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by idonthinksodude View Post
    brb rerolling melee
    pfft, just roll a shadow priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Flame On got buffed and is actually stronger than the live version right now.

Considering their goal was to change talent diversity there's no way it's final, but there you go.
    I'm excited to see someone else who sees Flame On changes as a buff. So many tears everywhere it's hard to make out the people who know a thing or two.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

As of right now, the spec is completely dead on the PTR, yes.

However, unlike a lot of the naysayers, I can't really imagine that they leave the spec in this state. There were a few reports that it was up to a 33% dps nerf. Cry about Blizzard's balance team all you want - and sometimes they deserve it - but there's no way they cut 1/3rd of an upper-middle spec's entire dps and provide no compensation buffs. For reference, if they cut 1/3rd of spriest's dps, it would be, by far, the worst spec in the entire game. And that's an overpowered spec, now imagine fire which, while definitely strong, is not nearly what you'd call overpowered.

The class that has been in top 3 since tier 1 is finally getting a slight nerf to one of their 3 playable specs and yall QQ like mad. These threads are glorious

Quote Originally Posted by Toas View Post
    As of right now, the spec is completely dead on the PTR, yes.

However, unlike a lot of the naysayers, I can't really imagine that they leave the spec in this state. There were a few reports that it was up to a 33% dps nerf. Cry about Blizzard's balance team all you want - and sometimes they deserve it - but there's no way they cut 1/3rd of an upper-middle spec's entire dps and provide no compensation buffs. For reference, if they cut 1/3rd of spriest's dps, it would be, by far, the worst spec in the entire game. And that's an overpowered spec, now imagine fire which, while definitely strong, is not nearly what you'd call overpowered.

BRF Demo locks say hello. Thats exactly what they did to them and it wouldn't shock me to see the same thing happen here.

Deleted
    first. ptr. release.

Close thread please.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTrouble View Post
    Looking at simcraft and logfiles, fire was far from a top DPS spec. Scaling shows we are falling behind heavily come 900+ gear as it is. Yet, we get hit by the wrecking ball. Summary follows

So they take away the reactive elements and replacing it with more rnd procs. This will completely destruct current fire mage play style even though it was a great and fund class to play!
    As other's mentioned, try logging on to the PTR and then taking all those values. Don't take datamine values at face value. Every dataminer admits that there are flaws. Sometimes it lists the low ranking version (for lower levels) instead of the max level version and such. Try evaluating from the PTR rather than from text before claiming all doom and gloom.

Lastly, I was unaware that the first iteration of a PTR realm was the final values and absolutely nothing is changed ever. Usually the first build or two contains updates to all the hotfixes they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Senistian View Post
    pfft, just roll a shadow priest.
    Mine is horde while i'm raiding as ally right now, i don't want to spend 25€ because some1 at blizz has no clue about class balance
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    I mained fire mage, probably unsub in 7.1.5 if these changes will be final.

Deleted
    It sounds like fire mages are the worst spec in the game according to this sub forum.

Every subforum is nothing but "the sky is falling " "my class is the worst"

You have some nerves to whine as a fire mage, you are not the only class in the game you know, WoW is not tailored just to satisfy fire mages do you realize that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auryt2 View Post
    I mained fire mage, probably unsub in 7.1.5 if these changes will be final.

Reads flawed datamining, doesn't even bother going into the PTR to actually try it on practice, threatens to leave like a 5 year old.

Yep, nothing new on MMO champ

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post

Reads flawed datamining, doesn't even bother going into the PTR to actually try it on practice, threatens to leave like a 5 year old.

Yep, nothing new on MMO champ
    Except the datamining is correct. Fire is currently wrecked on PTR, which seems to be intended, so they can buff base damage.. making us less bursty.