Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Would you like to have more professions available to you, or more specializations?

Hello champions! Good to see you!

So, I love thieves in GW2. They are so much fun to play! They jump around with their daggers and do loads and loads of cool stuff.
    I also love the Daredevils, they offer new styles of play, and again, it is a blast.

So, that makes me wonder: for you, IF YOU HAD TO CHOOSE, would you like to have more professions available to you (fully fledged classes), or more specializations to already available classes?

Something like:

More professions: Bard (AoE Support), Cleric(A more consistent healer), Monk(Melee without weapons, maybe has fighting styles), etc

or

More Specializations:

Necromancer -> Warlock (More focus on curses)
    Thieves -> Assassin (Focus on critical strikes or poison)
    Guardian -> Paladin (More interaction with shields)

and so on, and so on.

So, which one would you like more?

Deleted
    More specializations, definitely.
    Reason being that at this point ANet is lost in terms of balance and specializations are easier to balance than new professions.

More specializations. I like new classes, but expanding how core classes perform and adding more variety/options is more appealing to me in general.

Specializations, for sure, and I'd rather see them not have whatever weapon proficiency tied to the spec itself and instead have them as a baseline (but have said spec potentially spice up whatever the new weapon type is).

I think if they came out with a new class, it would need some new resource system and frankly I don't think one is needed.

So i'd stick with new specializations. It'd be nice if they had saved-specs too, but it's not a huge deal since the traits aren't really very deep.

I don't mind them being weapon linked, but I do wish it was a NEW weapon rather than an old weapon. Still want Polearms and Whip/Chain.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Specializations honestly. The profession are so broad to being with I think adding more would further dilute the individuality of the existing professions.

Especs.

I don't understand the fascination with adding new classes.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    More specializations. Revs show how hard it is to actually add a new class to GW2s class system. Its much easier for them to give the existing classes a new trait line, weapons, skills, than it is to come up with an new class. I do like the idea of new weapon types but Anet complains about having to make a bunch of new skins...For a game focused on aesthetics they complain about designing new items (unless its for the gem store).

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The only thing I'd want a new class for would be a shapeshifter like WoW's druid.

But I can't see them hiding cosmetics that much given the nature of the game. Unless each class got a shapeshifter spec and then they came out with animal accents...

Specializations - no contest - the game does not need more professions. Having said that, I would prefer to just get GW3 at this point...mix the best parts of GW1+GW2 and make it non-instanced open world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The only thing I'd want a new class for would be a shapeshifter like WoW's druid.

But I can't see them hiding cosmetics that much given the nature of the game. Unless each class got a shapeshifter spec and then they came out with animal accents...
    Won't happen because norn are shapeshifters but what if they made a class for each race based on their racial skills.

Norn - shapeshifters
    Asura - golemancers
    Charr - legionairre
    Sylvari - Chloromancer/Sage

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Won't happen because norn are shapeshifters but what if they made a class for each race based on their racial skills.

Norn - shapeshifters
    Asura - golemancers
    Charr - legionairre
    Why not just make especs out of those ideas, tho
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    I'd rather expand upon something that i've been playing as for the past few years instead of starting over. so specializations definitely

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post

What they need to do is expand on the Norn in that aspect. Here Norn - Character Development is a good reddit post about the Norn and how basically they have devolved into just bigger humans at this point. Their affinity to animal aspects and their shapeshifting has been ignored since release.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post

Norn - shapeshifters
    Asura - golemancers
    Charr - legionairre
    Norn are shapeshifters in a limited sense, but that doesn't rule out other races. Not that your idea is bad either, but I don't see them making 5 specs for one class.

As I said, given the importance of cosmetics, I can't see them doing long-term shape changes, but it'd be neat.

I want a shapeshifter specialization so bad!

10+ Year Old Account
    Since specs are the best way to go how about

Engineer - Golemmancer
    Elementalist - not sure but give them a sword
    Mesmers - duelist/pistol main hand
    Necromancer - Harbinger (uses ritualist like spirits)
    Rev - Shapeshifter
    Thief - Sniper (thieves really need range) or Bard/Minstrel
    Ranger - Assassin, Dagger main hand. I know it's not typical but it's not a stretch when you look at Ranger melee
    Guardian - Monk, allows for dual daggers, must have dual daggers if one is equipped
    Warrior - Dervish, melee staff as weapon. Get ele like special abilities system where elements are replaced with avatar forms.

Another thing I was thinking of when I was bored, which I'm sure they won't do since it'd be more work than adding weapons.

New Elite Spec, New Armor:
    Death Knight: Heavy Armor Necromancer
    Glamour Knight: Heavy Armor Mesmer
    Houndmaster: Heavy Armor Ranger

Duelist: Medium Armor Revenant
    Shaman: Medium Armor Elementalist
    Some king of leather warrior dude.

Martial Artist: Light Armor Thief
    Monk: Light Armor Guardian
    Professor: Light Armor Engineer