Weak Auras Custom Text - Memory Usage

To anyone who can help . . .

How do I get a text display (using Weak Auras) showing my addon memory usage, EXCLUDING Blizzard's default ones?

Messed around for hours with this :

mem = GetAddOnMemoryUsage("name") or GetAddOnMemoryUsage(index)

Somehow i had no success and just have no idea how to display the memory usage accurately.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftshadow View Post
    To anyone who can help . . .

How do I get a text display (using Weak Auras) showing my addon memory usage, EXCLUDING Blizzard's default ones?

Messed around for hours with this :

mem = GetAddOnMemoryUsage("name") or GetAddOnMemoryUsage(index)

Somehow i had no success and just have no idea how to display the memory usage accurately.

Thanks!
    Try calling the update memory function before getting the memory, let us know if this solve your issue.
    UpdateAddOnMemoryUsage()
    local memory = GetAddOnMemoryUsage ("Details")
    Take in mind, memory usage is deprecated these days and don't affect performance.
    Also UpdateAddOnMemoryUsage() uses a lot of cpu power.

Look at that figure compared to the wow client as a whole.
    It has been a long time since that was a useful metric, so why blizzard insist on still putting it in the default UI is beyond me.
    As Tercio points out indirectly, CPU usage is what kills performance, not memory usage.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-11-16 at 09:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Thx everyone. Will update here if im successful.

In any case, i think most pple pc these days are probably too powerful for wow, like mine.

So mem usage is just for self info lols

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftshadow View Post
    Thx everyone. Will update here if im successful.

In any case, i think most pple pc these days are probably too powerful for wow, like mine.

So mem usage is just for self info lols
    Some addons which keep things in memory, graphics, damage meters, auction data etc may well increase that number substantially (compared to just the base UI), but it is how it it used that determines its impact, not simply that it is there.
    And it is rarely comparable to what the client uses as a whole.
    So I would argue it is a pretty useless metric in the hands of most people.
    I wouldn't even want to make judgments from it myself without a lot more information.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-11-17 at 06:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.