Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

MMO-C crashes Firefox since this morning

Particularly the front page. It doesn't really crash Firefox, more like it freezes the window. Can't close or switch tabs, nor continue browsing MMO-C. Forums seems mostly ok, though I did have it happen just 10 minutes ago while on http://www.mmo-champion.com/forum.php.

Tried it briefly on Microsoft Edge, and things seemed to work with that browser. I haven't changed anything with my setup to possibly cause this issues.

Is this something you're aware of? Any others experiencing the same?

Deleted
    Are you using an outdated version of adblock or similar add-ins?

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Far as I can tell, all add-ons are up to date. Firefox did release a new version yesterday that I just installed. Will see if the problem persists.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah still happens. If I wait a minute or so, I get this message:

No matter what option I click, nothing changes. Also, the "BlizzCon 2016 - Celestalon and Hamlet Interview" video automatically starts playing if I wait long enough, and when I right click a picture I get this huge menu with like 50 lines instead of the regular ~15.

Right now I have the front page open in Microsoft Edge and things are perfectly fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, found the issue. Disabling the addon "Video DownloadHelper" stopped Firefox from crashing.

I don't understand why it's suddenly be giving me problems though. I'm running the latest version, and it's about a month old. I've changed nothing on my side. Maybe something was posted this morning that's causing the addon to go all crazy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Try updating flash. Sites usualy use it when starting youtube on them (and not htlm5). And so does download helper (wich may cause that bug).
    The better solution is to disable any flash and force your firefox to run only htlm5. (not all videos will work tho)

You can disable flash for certain websites while keeping it enabled for all others by disabling flash explicitly in the permission settings of this site: Right click the website -> "View Page Info" -> tab "Permissions" under "Activate Plugins".

The other way round is unfortunately not possible. A similar setting that might get close to what you want is to set flash into the "Always ask" mode in about:addons -> "Plugins" and then permanently allow (or disallow) flash for certain websites like described above.

I suggest using always ask mode.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you aren't the only person that has this problem. I am pretty sure that it is the video(Twitch?) that is making us crash.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

You can load this page to see if it is the Youtube videos causing it: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/6114
    You can load this page to see if it is the Twitch (and Youtube) videos causing it: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/6117

We have had both Twitch and Youtube videos on the front page for a couple days now though, nothing changed there.

I am getting the same bug for few days now:

script not responding chrome //browser/content/tabbrowser.xml:2938

Everyone that had this problem fixed it by disabling the VideoDownloadHelper addon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Everyone that had this problem fixed it by disabling the VideoDownloadHelper addon.
    There is actually a much better fix than that.

1. Click VDH
    2. Click the Cog
    3. Click More
    4. Go down to Blacklist
    5. Make sure blacklist is enabled
    6. Click +
    7. Type in "www.mmo-champion.com"
    8. Press +.

Done
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Firefox is asking for a donation

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    There is actually a much better fix than that.

1. Click VDH
    2. Click the Cog
    3. Click More
    4. Go down to Blacklist
    5. Make sure blacklist is enabled
    6. Click +
    7. Type in "www.mmo-champion.com"
    8. Press +.

Done
    Thanks for the tip!

I've had VDH reenabled for a few days now and have been able to browse the main site just fine. I guess the issue got pushed into the archive. Nevertheless it's good to have mmo-c blacklisted for the addon as I never use it for this site anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Thanks for the tip!

I've had VDH reenabled for a few days now and have been able to browse the main site just fine. I guess the issue got pushed into the archive. Nevertheless it's good to have mmo-c blacklisted for the addon as I never use it for this site anyway.
    Yeah, every time I went on the site it was just crashing on me, I had to hurry up to switch it to something else before the video loaded. I knew the video was the problem, but did not know which addon was causing it until you guys mentioned it in here.

One of the problems might be that the video auto starts....

Yeah, every time I went on the site it was just crashing on me, I had to hurry up to switch it to something else before the video loaded. I knew the video was the problem, but did not know which addon was causing it until you guys mentioned it in here.

One of the problems might be that the video auto starts....
    None of the videos we put in the news autoplay.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    With VDH enabled, the video would autoplay. Very weird behavior since it hasn't happened before or after with other videos put on the front page.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    None of the videos we put in the news autoplay.
    Um, the second one for me right now is auto playing.

Not sure if it is on my end or your end.

Um, the second one for me right now is auto playing.

Not sure if it is on my end or your end.
    Probably something on your end, autoplay is specifically disabled in those embeds.

Deleted
    Any forum page is loading like x things on weird .mmo-champion.com subdomains, taking forever to finish loading one side. That will then eventually even crashing (especially if you have more tabs open). Using chrome btw.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know what you did but it worked. Good job