Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Rift 4.0 Expansion - Starfall Prophecy - full patch notes

Both NA and EU Regions are offline right now to implement the latest Expansion to Rift, Starfall Prophecy, meanwhile here's some light reading as you wait to jump in.

RIFT 4.0: STARFALL PROPHECY DLC

NA: 11/16/16 6 AM PST
    EU: 11/16/16 2 PM GMT

RIFT 4.0: STARFALL PROPHECY IS HERE

The Starfall Prophecies have come to pass. The harbinger of doom is here. The Comet of Ahnket hurtles through the skies towards Telara, tearing pieces from the Plane of Fire and Plane of Life as it passes through and assimilating them into its ever-growing mass. Marshes, forests, deserts, and volcanic wastes have all merged together beneath the shadow of the colossal Tower of Ahnket, creating a new world of unnatural beauty... and unfathomable danger. Now the Guardians and Defiants must unite against the sinister intelligence that guides the Comet of Ahnket and stop it from swallowing our world.

NEW ZONES

ALITTU - QUEST HUB

A makeshift city constructed in the shadow of the Tower of Ahnket, Alittu is home to the Tenebrean mages and offers sanctuary to any who come to the Comet. While the inhabitants seem friendly and knowledgeable, do they hide the secrets to destroying the Tower and saving Telara?

SCATHERRAN FOREST - LEVELS 65-66

Freed from the great dragon Greenscale’s insatiable hunger, the faeries, unicorns, and satyrs of Scatherran had returned to a peaceful existence. Unfortunately, when the Comet store their mystical forest from its home plane, it awakened an ancient and insidious evil. Ally with Shyla Starhearth and her ward, Tasuil the dragon, to defend the innocent from the return of the Tuath’de.

GEDLO BADLANDS - LEVELS 66-67

Every year the kobold followers of Saint Taranis journey into the Gedlo Badlands to test their spirits against the goblin hordes. This year, however, the Comet of Ahnket tore their battlefield from the Plane of Fire, trapping them in an unwinnable and inescapable battle. Join Cyril the Champion in uniting the scattered kobolds and helping them ascend to a higher plane.

XARTH MIRE - LEVELS 68-69

The stagnant, murky waters of the Xarth Mire conceal terrifying secrets and terrible dangers. Whether it is falling prey to Greenscale’s mate and her ravenous brood or becoming another sacrifice for the Tuath’de, certain death awaits anyone fool enough to enter the marsh unprepared. Fight alongside Tasuil the dragon and Anthousa of the Kelari and put an end to Queen Una’s dark rituals.

ASHENFALL - LEVELS 69-70

Between the boiling rivers of molten lava and burning, smoke-filled air, Ashenfell is a land barely fit for devils and dragons, let alone the Ascended. The lines between good and evil blur as you join forces with the scholarly succubus Carli and the mysterious Messenger Ambriel to stop Duke Arcarax and the Adversary’s fiery legions from taking control of the Comet.

TENEBREAN SCHISM - LEVEL 70

The narrow bridge that spans this gaping abyss is the one and only path to the heart of the Comet: The Tower of Ahnket. Don’t lose your footing, as not even an Ascended’s inhuman strength will save you from the great tail of the comet, let alone the intense, churning magic released by the unknowable intelligence locked within the Tower.

== FEATURES ==

64-BIT CLIENT RELEASED!

64 bit-With the arrival of the Comet of Ahnket we also welcome the arrival of the 64-bit Rift client. For those of you with 64-bit operating systems it will start up automatically just by hitting ‘play’

LEVEL CAP INCREASE!

As the Comet of Ahnket draws closer to Telera, Ascended able to travel to the Celestial Lands can now obtain level 70!

HOW TO GET TO STARFALL PROPHECY’S CELESTIAL LANDS

A new porticulum has been added to Tempest Bay in the Canals, where the entrance to Stormbreaker Protocol once stood. In the room beyond, players can receive a quest from General Batua sending them to the Celestial Lands.

INDIVIDUAL REWARDS

In Starfall Prophecy, gone are the days arguing over dungeon and raid loot and dreaded DKP calculations. The Individual Rewards system determines the spoils of battle on a character by character basis, regardless of what other party members receive. Spend more time adventuring and less time divvying up the plunder!

NEW ITEM: PLANAR FRAGMENTS!

Planar Fragments are a new type of item that allows players to customize their characters the way they want. Players can seek out the Planar Fragments with the stats they need and upgrade them through the Infusion system. How can a player get their hands on some? Rift Assault, world monsters, dungeon bosses, and gaining Notoriety are a selection of ways. Seek out Anton Corvo in Alittu for an in-game tutorial on this new feature.

LEGENDARY POWERS

A new way to defend Telara has launched! Players may enhance some of their existing powers, which are identified by their impressive new borders, to further augment their strength. Legendary Powers must be chosen wisely as you may not invest more than 3 points into a single soul, and their power makes them important in the fight against Ahnket and her minions.

Upon reaching level 66, and every level thereafter, players are rewarded with a Legendary Power Point that they may spend in any power with a legendary version that they own, further enhancing the effects of that power. The more points you spend in a soul, the more powers you can make Legendary! Every soul can have at least one power enhanced by default, with additional points able to be spent at 15 and 44 talent points spent (Primalists must spend 7 and 23 talent points respectively).

Every soul has 5 powers that are Legendary, so mix and match to create the perfect build for you! Your Legendary powers are saved to your Role, so you can have many different unique configurations for each soul as long as you have more roles!

PLANAR ASSAULT ADVENTURES

After the successful expedition to the Plane of Water, the Empyrean Alliance have opened a new series of planar gateways to bring the fight to new and distant planes, but the path is not a friendly one. New Assault Instant Adventures allow the Ascended to join together and defeat Rifts in all new planar arenas. Battle together with powerful enemies of the past and present as the Rifts now tear through the spaces between planes. A new faction and special rewards await those who can master these fiends and clear a path to new realms!

NEW DUNGEON: TUATH'DE COVEN

The Circle of Thirteen seeks forbidden power to further the plots hatched by Witch Queen Una of the Tuath'de. Enter the dread swamp, and stop the corruption of ancient paragons of the Plane of Life, as the Queen is attempting to bind Ankhet to her will and thus gain access to its power to create Simulacrum. Players must find a way to access the inner sanctum of the magical fae path to the ritual’s location and put a stop to it. Along the way they must also attempt to rescue the Unicorn queen Lanaria from the forces of the Tuath’de before she suffers a fate worse than death.

NEW DUNGEON: TEMPLE OF ANANKE

Ananke, feared pit fiend of Ashenfell, Oracle of the Alaviaxian Devils, holder of the lost prophecies of the Goddess Aia, has foreseen the return of the red dragon's power. The Ascended must make their way to the temple, confront Ananke, and if possible stop the prophecy from being fulfilled. Will you prevent the crowning of a new ruler of flame, or help bring the prophecy to fruition?

NEW DUNGEON: INTREPID DARKENING DEEPS

We've given a face-lift to another Classic dungeon! Try out the Intrepid Darkening Deeps to face down Scarn once more. It becomes available as an Expert dungeon once an Ascended reaches level 70.

ACTIVE UPGRADES

We've taken the concept of upgraded items and supercharged them! Instead of only requiring other items to upgrade gear, Active Upgrades open up all new possibilities for advancement. Maybe an Active Upgrade item will require you to kill 100 creatures from the Plane of Fire, or to acquire 4 other items of a relic set of armor, or even to every zone on continent. There are currently Active Upgrades on Starfall Prophecy Expert gear and PVP gear, for the Chest, Leg, and Shoulder slots.

PVP BRACKET CHANGES

* With the level cap increase, we will be changing the bracket system for PVP for the short term along with a few other changes.
    * All ELO scores have been reset,
    * The level 65 bracket will be expanded to include levels 65 to 70. Players will be bolstered to 70 and everyone will use the same bolstered gear. We consider this bracket as a transitional state while players level to 70.
    * Dedicated PVP players can earn Warmonger’s gear that goes above the bolster gear ceiling.

== GAME UPDATES ==

GENERAL

* A new season for leaderboards has started! As such, all leaderboards have been reset.
    * The level 65 and level 60-64 chat channels have been removed, and have been replaced with level 60-69 chat. A new level 70 chat channel has been added!
    * Characters who change their factions are added to the appropriate starter guild of their new faction, whether or not they are on their home shard.
    * Fixed an issue with the Auction House's suggested price option that was causing incorrect prices for stacks of items larger than 1 when relisting auctions.
    * Fixed an issue where LFG was not properly computing your stats when changing specs.
    * A number of typoseses have been addresseded.

INSTANT ADVENTURE

* The Instant adventure Ascended Disgrace debuff is no longer removed when a character enters and leaves a warfront.
    * Close Rift quests are now re-enabled in Instant Adventures.

UI AND SETTINGS

* Adjust Pixel Granularity under Settings>Video>Advanced now notifies players that it requires a client restart to update.
    * You can no longer purchase multiple soul packs on the character creation screen.
    * RIFT Store: The services tab now shows Void Stone as a currency in the lower left hand corner.
    * Guild Perk: Updated tooltip for Cache Finder.
    * Added more icon options to the macro UI.

SOULS

* Raid Cooldowns - Enrage, Lava Field, Defend the Fallen, and Orchestra of the Planes now apply their damage bonuses to your raid for 40 seconds on cast. They now share a single 5 minute lockout called Planar exhaustion which prevents players from benefiting from their damage bonuses.
    * Fixed an issue that incorrectly removed stacks of abilities with multiple casters applying the same ability.
    * Pets when spawned will no longer be afflicted by their previous incarnations debuffs.

CLERIC

DEFILER

* Unholy Nexus now can correctly be used when any Rage or Greed damage over time effect is on the target.
    * Furious Might will no longer inform the player they have learned it every time they log in.

ORACLE

* Resusitating Chant now restores 5% of mana per tick to be consistent with other resources.
    * Benevolent Inspiration now grants a 12% incoming healing bonus, up from 5%.
    * Deadly Insignia now increases damage by 2% per rank and absorbtion by 15% per rank.

MAGE

FROSTKEEPER

* Earthen Rapport will no longer trigger on certain abilities such as Suspended Reanimation.

CHLOROMANCER
    * Wild Growth no longer causes affected foes to take increased damage.

PRIMALIST

PRESERVER

* Serenity now heals for 100% more for each additional player it heals.

TYPHOON

* Corrected a bug in Tsunami causing it to deal roughly 1/3rd of expected damage.

ROGUE

BARD

* Triumphant Spirit now grants a healing bonus of 6% per point, up from 4%.

SABOTEUR

* Sticky Bombs now deal the correct amount of initial damage.
    * Gaining charges out of combat will no longer be reported in the combat log.

TACTICIAN

* Power Core has been removed from the game.

WARRIOR

BEASTMASTER

* Enrage now increases raid member damage by 15%, rather than increasing damage, crit chance and crit power.
    * Command to Stand Ground has had its health increase reduced to 5%, and its resistance increase reduced to 3%.
    * Command to Recover has had its healing increase reduced to 5%.

RAIDS AND DUNGEONS

* Legacy raid bosses now give each player the same amount of platinum no matter how many characters are in the party.

CRAFTING

* The following crafting abilities have been removed from the game - Salvage Armor, Salvage Accessories, Salvage Planar Essences, Salvage Weapons. Salvaged crafting materials are now of grey quality and no longer used in recipes.
    * A note: many older crafting-related runes, enhacements (such as soles, stones, etc) are not compatible with Starfall Prophecy gear.
    * Attainium Crystals are now of grey quality and no longer used in recipes. They will no longer be rewarded from Minion adventures.

FISHING

* Any Planar fishing lure can be used with any type of Planar fishing pole.
    * The rewards for Stan’s Super Secret Lure have been heavily revised, and are now more heavily weighted towards dimension items.

MINIONS

* Aventurine is now capped at 5000.
    * The quantity of crafting materials rewarded by Minions has been reduced.

ITEMS

* Starfall Prophecy Preorders: Tenebrean Mystery Key are now available from the Maguk Representative!
    * Ethereal Drakes from the Deluxe Edition of Starfall Prophecy now grant 160% mounted speed.
    * Qil’s Defiler Synergy Crystals now modify Miserly Affliction.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-prophecy.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping patching goes to schedule - I'll be streaming as soon as it goes live.

Some guildies may be joining me on chat as well as we level to 70.

Correction on a few things:
    two new dungeons, not three - the third is merely an upscale
    Planar Fragments are a new type of item that allows players to customize their characters the way they want.
    (er, no - how is RNG the "way you want")

COMMENTS:

Where are the PvP siege thingies? I was most hyped for this.

Ethereal Drakes from the Deluxe Edition of Starfall Prophecy now grant 160% mounted speed.
    that is pretty nice.

the Individual Rewards system determines the spoils of battle on a character by character basis
    ditto.that is pretty nice.

* Furious Might will no longer inform the player they have learned it every time they log in.
    yay - only took like 2 months to fix.

Last edited by theWocky; 2016-11-16 at 04:32 PM.

Wow for an xpac the patch notes are kind of bare. No new raids is kind of meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    The servers are due to come back up at ~20:00 GMT (in about 5 hours time) but you can already pre-download the Expansion if you have a slow Internet connection like i have

Bit of a weird time to launch an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Bit of a weird time to launch an expansion.
    Eh, simultaneous launch for NA and EU, can't be helped, 12 noon for NA is 8pm for EU, usually EU gets hotfixes at 1am on Thursday but past experience has shown people tend to cry foul that Region A got patched before Region B and no chance to get "firsts".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    The servers are due to come back up at ~20:00 GMT (in about 5 hours time) but you can already pre-download the Expansion if you have a slow Internet connection like i have
    Bah! I'm only going to have it in 6 minutes :P

the 4gb download is a pleasant surprise. Nice to see they've been holding back. I'm looking forward to what's better than currently on PTS.

Oh yeah, forgot that's today. Well, I'll see how the new systems work for those that don't own the expansion. Still far from sold on the expansion given what it currently offers and the price, but I'll keep an eye out to see how it performs and how their post-launch content releases go.

Not sold on it myself either, I'm planning to wait and see if its on a Steam Sale or a Black Friday deal or something and I can get it on the cheep. It might not be included given how new it is, but I can wait and see. I still have my concerns about both the quality and the quantity of the content, and £30 is a lot to ask for what's on offer. But getting it for £15-20 is a much more reasonable proposition, it seems like the right kind of price range for it from what I saw on the PTS.

It's not that I object to buying it, I buy games all the time anyway, but in this case it seems like I'd be paying too much and recieving too little.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh yeah, forgot that's today. Well, I'll see how the new systems work for those that don't own the expansion. Still far from sold on the expansion given what it currently offers and the price, but I'll keep an eye out to see how it performs and how their post-launch content releases go.
    Patch notes already a disappointment

* Weekly Plat Farming of old instances - gone - basically, this will turn level pre-66 into a "demo" mode as you won't be able to farm plat. Mats pre 66 will be worthless, so level 65's have no real income

* Support classes - nerfed to accomodate 10man content. Less need for multiple support roles in a 20 man - debuff like "bloodlust" in WoW

* Fortress PvP thing not mentioned - another thing for later release?

* leveling of Professions just got a lot more expensive - no Salvaging except Dreamweaver and RuneCrafting. It's been removed. Basically, any excess quest gear is vendored.

* Contrary to promises, Planar Fragments are actually grindier, more expensive than on release PTS in the latest PTS I saw - eager to see how it was changed on release.

* Appears to be an option to pay for chance at more loot on bosses - probably the main motivation behind "Personal Loot" rather than the WoW LFR approach to prevent squabbles. Yeah, I'm a cynic, but just seems more viable as a reason.

* many older crafting-related runes, enhacements (such as soles, stones, etc) are not compatible with Starfall Prophecy gear - FFS, I just bought like 30 of each.

* MINIONS: ONE AGAIN a slap in the face for people who paid to unlock 5 extra slots: The quantity of crafting materials rewarded by Minions has been reduced.

HOPING we see some new DLC options on cash store.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-11-16 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Patch notes already a disappointment

fortress siege were never pvp, its pve content, i didnt get a chance to see it but its like a weekly that 10man raids can do from what i hear. heres a quote sort of explaning

"AS far as I know the zone event happens every 4 hours on the hour. You break down the walls and get to the inner walls where you kill about 6 bosses around the outskirts.
    Then you kill a longer to kill boss to get access to the inside part where there's a new vendor with new seals and groups of 10 can go into do the 10 man boss, Hexathel.

A pug that knows the mechanics could possibly do it. It's harder than an expert though.

I'm not sure about the timing of the event... I'm also wondering about this as you're going to want to do it with your guild. Maybe it happens on different shards at different times. This would be good. Our raid times are only 3 hours, so it's entirely possible that we could miss the event every raid time for the forseeable future."

rest of the replies on the forums mad it sound pretty lame, so maybe they left it out to work on it some more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimcham View Post
    fortress siege were never pvp, its pve content, i didnt get a chance to see it but its like a weekly that 10man raids can do from what i hear. heres a quote sort of explaning

"AS far as I know the zone event happens every 4 hours on the hour. You break down the walls and get to the inner walls where you kill about 6 bosses around the outskirts.
    Then you kill a longer to kill boss to get access to the inside part where there's a new vendor with new seals and groups of 10 can go into do the 10 man boss, Hexathel.
    thanks for explanation. Seems not in yet, though. We shall see in a few hours, I guess.

* Weekly Plat Farming of old instances - gone - basically, this will turn level pre-66 into a "demo" mode as you won't be able to farm plat. Mats pre 66 will be worthless, so level 65's have no real income
    Kinda a bummer, but I'm pretty alright with it. That kind of stuff can seriously screw up the economy longterm. Pretty standard stuff generally.

* Support classes - nerfed to accomodate 10man content. Less need for multiple support roles in a 20 man - debuff like "bloodlust" in WoW
    Not a giant fan of that, but it's not terrible either. Support roles like in Rift are always an interesting thing that can be challenging to balance. Would love to see more in the way of diversifying it into a "buffer/healer" support and "debuffer/CC" support roles, but that's a whole other ball of wax.

Did I totally miss this? I have the vaguest of recollections of something like this, but can't remember any firm details.

* leveling of Professions just got a lot more expensive - no Salvaging except Dreamweaver and RuneCrafting. It's been removed. Basically, any excess quest gear is vendored.
    Didn't know you could salvage now, honestly. As long as there haven't been any other major changes to crafting, I'm not terribly troubled by this.

* Contrary to promises, Planar Fragments are actually grindier, more expensive than on release PTS in the latest PTS I saw - eager to see how it was changed on release.
    That's a bummer, but I'll keep an eye on it.

* Appears to be an option to pay for chance at more loot on bosses - probably the main motivation behind "Personal Loot" rather than the WoW LFR approach to prevent squabbles. Yeah, I'm a cynic, but just seems more viable as a reason.
    Yeah, I saw that. On the one hand, I really don't like it at all. But on the other, I think it's only from dungeon bosses right now (so not top tier). And in that case, it's not much different than how they sell gear on its own now at its core so I'm alright with it.

* many older crafting-related runes, enhacements (such as soles, stones, etc) are not compatible with Starfall Prophecy gear - FFS, I just bought like 30 of each.
    That's new >.>

Don't really like that, I often used lesser enchants as I was gearing up, helped a lot giving me a small boost without breaking my wallet.

* MINIONS: ONE AGAIN a slap in the face for people who paid to unlock 5 extra slots: The quantity of crafting materials rewarded by Minions has been reduced.
    Eh, it kinda sucks but it needed to happen. I have all the slots unlocked on my account and I have no issues with this, minions just flat out rewarded way too much. I was making so much money when I was actively managing my 6 slots on 8 hour missions, and literally all I was doing was logging in to collect/resend minions out 2-3 times a day. It was already making the act of gathering mats in the world largely pointless, so reducing it at this expansions launch helps address that before it becomes a longer term problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    ONE HOUR DELAY AND...

CM Morgana
    While we've been making sure everything is ready to go, we are disabling a few things so we can make sure they're in good shape.

The following are temporarily disabled, and will be re-enabled in a near hotfix:

* Minions
    * Instant Adventures: Planar Assault Adventures
    * Dungeons: Tuath'de Coven, Temple of Ananke, Intrepid Darkening Deeps

Great - new expansion - 1/2 content disabled. Only way to level? QUESTING...

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this game worth exploring if you're only getting in to it now? Or is it geared more towards veteran player retention? Is the F2P aspect fair?
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Is this game worth exploring if you're only getting in to it now? Or is it geared more towards veteran player retention? Is the F2P aspect fair?
    Right now, I have nothing positive to say. Nothing. More than a bit annoyed. Game has been released - unfinished.

1/2 the content / activities have been disabled.

Yay, you can level... through questing. ONLY questing.

F2P aspect is fair but bordering on pay to win. Gear slots and the ability to equip specific gear are gated behind a paywall or an extremely obnoxious grind.

- - - Updated - - -

Right now, I have nothing positive to say. Nothing. More than a bit annoyed. Game has been released - unfinished.
    Already given my friend the 30 quid back. Bought him a game out of good grace as well. Got him FF15 preorder since it's his birthday soon. Knew this would launch as a mess in some aspect. As per usual it's Cash grabbing> getting content out working or on time with the folks at Trion.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-16 at 09:00 PM.

1/2 the content / activities have been disabled.

Yay, you can level... through questing. ONLY questing.
    honestly at this point its not really surprising is it? i;ve been playing the beta and all the testing seemed to be focused on questing and nothing else.

like i said before fortress siege received 1 freaking test in all of beta. alot of legendary powers are still absolutely terrible, and feedback on fixes has been ignored.

glad i didnt spend any actual money to buy this. i mean they cut down all the content and they still couldn't deliver a polished product on release.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll just keep doing what I've been doing.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll just keep doing what I've been doing.
    That's almost like what Trion says every time, it seems.