Rate My Parses - Heroic EN

I haven't been able to raid much in the last few weeks, but last night I was finally able to get a raid in and we cleared heroic EN.

I'm not sure what it is I'm doing wrong but I feel like my DPS isn't as high as it could be. I can never seem to parse higher than 80% of what others with my iLvl have. One thing I've always struggled with and NEVER gotten is a 3rd VoiT in raid. I've managed to get it on DPS dummies.

Last night I got my 885 helm off Xavius so I lost a chunk of haste and gained other stats.

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ortissa/simple

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone with insight?

this post just proves how retarded current legendary system is. you have one bis legendary and one very good, shoulders and wrists respectively. yet you have no clue what you're doing, but hey, here's some rng luck, take it!

god, kill me.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysake View Post
    this post just proves how retarded current legendary system is. you have one bis legendary and one very good, shoulders and wrists respectively. yet you have no clue what you're doing, but hey, here's some rng luck, take it!

god, kill me.
    The salt is real

Quote Originally Posted by Crysake View Post

god, kill me.
    Yes god, please kill him.

I have a great idea of what I'm doing. If I didn't, I wouldn't be parsing 85% on some fights.

But you're right, this post proves how retarded the current legendary system is. Gives a reason for assholes like yourself to whine at every little thing that doesn't go their way.

Constructive and intelligent thoughts on my parses, anyone?

You got less haste than my 848 sp. Dunno if that's how it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You got less haste than my 848 sp. Dunno if that's how it should be.
    I was sitting above 10k haste, and got an upgrade from H Xavius that made me lose 900 haste and gain other stats. THat dropped me below 10k haste but it was still an upgrade based off 8k and 10k haste ratings from pawn.

You should really sim that again, with s2m haste is soooooo good, at least until 12-13k. I would never take a piece without haste. Actually im even wearing a 825 piece instead of a 860 one, just because of that. My latest sim is showing me these pawn strings:
    Intellect=9.86, CritRating=12.72, HasteRating=30.64, MasteryRating=9.34, Versatility=7.95.
    You see what haste is worth for me.

For some reason the logs keep not allowing me to view certain aspects of pulls. So I can't get a full review. That being said, your haste is fine. It is about what mine is at. You seem to not be utilizing StM very well based off of numbers, though. How are you able to hit 3rd Void Torrent on dummies and not bosses? What is it that you are doing differently?

Quote Originally Posted by dnasty View Post
    For some reason the logs keep not allowing me to view certain aspects of pulls. So I can't get a full review. That being said, your haste is fine. It is about what mine is at. You seem to not be utilizing StM very well based off of numbers, though. How are you able to hit 3rd Void Torrent on dummies and not bosses? What is it that you are doing differently?
    I assume it's just when I pop S2M on fights, most times it is probably too late. Heroic is on farm for us and kills are only getting quicker but I'm probably still being too cautious on when to pop. It's probably better for me to pop early and die before the kill, than pop late and not get its full use.

I can get 3rd VoiT on target dummy basically because of what I said above, except target dummies don't die so the time aspect isn't an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Velky View Post
    I assume it's just when I pop S2M on fights, most times it is probably too late. Heroic is on farm for us and kills are only getting quicker but I'm probably still being too cautious on when to pop.
    Then I would say this is what you need to work on. I usually just eyeball it. If you see the boss' health dropping about 1% every 2 seconds or so, then you know that 60% will roughly be two minutes. So you are safe popping it a lot earlier than you would imagine. I am popping StM upwards of 65-70% on most heroic farm bosses now as they die so quickly.

Holy hell. Yes then I am grossly misjudging it.

I know when I hit 3rd VoiT on dummies I"m just shy of 1m DPS.

I will hopefully get to raid something tonight or next reset and see where I fall.

15+ Year Old Account
    Holy hell. Yes then I am grossly misjudging it.

reading along to pick up some nice pointers here and there; but I'm on the same line...
    Highly misjudging the time it can be up...

good tips!
    "Conservationist" Lucretzya, LV120 Female Human Destruction Warlock
    Lemuria the Light of Dawn, LV120 Female Lightforged Draenei Protection Paladin
    Field Medic Larraine, LV110 Female Void ElfShadow Priest
    Sylvanas, EU
    Laviathan of the Shattered Sun, LV120 Female Blood Elf Affliction Warlock
    Twisting Nether, EU

7+ Year Old Account
    I have a great idea of what I'm doing. If I didn't, I wouldn't be parsing 85% on some fights.
    I hate to be that guy, but you didn't have advanced combat logging enabled. So the percentages you see are your rankings against ALL shadow priest parses regardless of item level. So honestly, your higher rankings are simply reflective of being more geared than a lot of others who submitted logs, not how well you performed. It totally makes sense that at 874 ilvl, you would do more damage than someone who is only 850.

To turn it on, Press Esc to open the game menu, go to system, network and select advanced combat logging - then you'll be able to see more at a glance how you are performing relative to others of your level.