Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    I must not be most then, I hardly ever take the shot after a Roadhog hook :P
    Actually it depends on the roadhog and the hook length. The gap narrows down to nothing at shorter ranges. I've noticed that longer ranges can have up to a full half second.

i ussually go for D.Va. Shot blocking, flight to high ground to engage snipers, etc. If your suit gets shot down you still have a chance on foot to get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Bascially if a Roadhog hooks me, I just immediately start holding RMB so it pops after stun ends.

If the Roadhog tries to bluff it out, he's already lost his burst.
    That shit doesn't work on good road hogs, you get hooked, shot and they jump to the side while aiming at your side and continuing to jump around diva firing and if you don't spin the correct direction you continue to eat buck shot, if you manage to react fast enough to spin at all. I eat divas all day long, when I see one I think, "Nom Nom Nom." Hell I have a harder time with Diva out of the meq than in it as she is way thinner, can jump and fire and does more pin point damage. In fact your best choice is to put up defense and fly away.

I have had a game where I got in trouble walking into a hall and diva on my team rocketed in from behind, put up defense for me and we Death balled the team in the doorway.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-11-24 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    Since when do games last long enough for ults? I have actually never had a game last long enough to get to the 5 min mark even with sombra vs sombra. With symmetra you can get some value out of her if you spread sentries out. Then communicating with your team you can catch someone in one of their slow fields for a quick kill or it's added target bait. The one thing she does have going for her is close range damage and sustain through shield regen.
    I had two games last long enough for our soldier to get his ult both times and then win 3v1 because of it.

And just had another game where it was 1v1 our Bastion vs their Mercy. She kept stalling him till she got her res and it turned into a 3v1 with 10 seconds till draw >>
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2016-11-24 at 04:01 AM.

Just had a couple games we (as Torb, Roadhog, and Symmetra) simply camped out in our base and let the enemy come to us > slaughtered them and won. We eventually realized we didn't need Sym, so we swapped her out for Ana. All we had to do was setup turret in spawn room and move Torb and Ana into the corridor, with Roadhog peeping out into spawn room to hook people into the base for death. Just have Torb and Ana close enough to the turret in the spawn room so any Sombra or Tracers that pop in from the other entrance don't have time to kill them, and so that Junkrat and Pharah AoE's can't kill them. Ana healing Roadhog will be enough to get Nano Boost within a couple minutes and win the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couple buddies and I decimate with Roadhog, Soldier, and Zenyatta.
    Incredible damage output, loads of healing, mobility, and peel, and don't forget the range
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Just had a couple games we (as Torb, Roadhog, and Symmetra) simply camped out in our base and let the enemy come to us > slaughtered them and won. We eventually realized we didn't need Sym, so we swapped her out for Ana. All we had to do was setup turret in spawn room and move Torb and Ana into the corridor, with Roadhog peeping out into spawn room to hook people into the base for death. Just have Torb and Ana close enough to the turret in the spawn room so any Sombra or Tracers that pop in from the other entrance don't have time to kill them, and so that Junkrat and Pharah AoE's can't kill them. Ana healing Roadhog will be enough to get Nano Boost within a couple minutes and win the game.
    I quit out of a couple games yesterday when my teamates auto locked torb and road hog, demanded I play Ana and proceeded to sit in our spawn.

I have no idea why you would want to play like that. Pretty lame and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    I quit out of a couple games yesterday when my teamates auto locked torb and road hog, demanded I play Ana and proceeded to sit in our spawn.

I have no idea why you would want to play like that. Pretty lame and boring.

Plus only work on idiots that would rush in there.

Just tried out a new one

Zen
    Sym
    Lucio,

Rekting with this

Is there an MMR for this?

I've literally not won a single match and of the 9 or 10 I've played I've won maybe 2 or 3 rounds over all of them. Kinda tedious getting headshot from flying widowmakers almost out of the gate.

The game mode just doesn't really favour any of the heros I'd normally play. Eg. I pick Symmetra and the toher 2 people leave or go AFK. Kinda boring so far.

And what a fucking joke it ends the match if one of the pissy weekend gamers leaves halfway through without awarding a win to anyone. 150% Done with this mode lol
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2016-11-27 at 01:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello All,

I really love the new 3v3 game mode. While i think the map could use at least 1 small health pack to even out heroes overall I find it to rather enjoyable. That said I wanted to start a thread dedicated to this mode and improving strategies for people to use.
    As a counter proposal I think it would be better if all self-healing (barring support) was cut by 60%

i just feel like giving players who can already heal even more opportunies to heal is a little ridiculous. i.e, heroes like Soldier and Roadhog really don't need any more of a handicap than they already have.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2016-11-27 at 11:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best combo

Roady/Mei/Zen/Soildier/Zarya

Maybe D.Va or Rienhardt if you are inclined.

McCree is also decent for quick kills

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    As a counter proposal I think it would be better if all self-healing (barring support) was cut by 60%

i just feel like giving players who can already heal even more opportunies to heal is a little ridiculous. i.e, heroes like Soldier and Roadhog really don't need any more of a handicap than they already have.
    that would destroy this mode

Soldier vs Mccree for example, mccree has his stun and solider has his heals.

What would be left of soldier if he couldn't heal?

7+ Year Old Account

Self healing is a bit too powerful in a lot of situations. I would also like to see a small health pack added somewhere, and also see self healing for the non-support characters cut by some amount. Maybe 25%, maybe 50%, not sure what number would be best, but the healing from Roadhog and Soldier is kind of OP.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post

Soldier vs Mccree for example, mccree has his stun and solider has his heals.

What would be left of soldier if he couldn't heal?
    Is it wrong to say "who cares, just give us some games that aren't 75% Soldier/Mei/Roadhog" I@d sooner see no one pick soldier and pick any of the other 15+ heroes than just seeing the same 3 in "most" games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

simpler solution would be to add healthpacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    its already pretty bad honestly. as a competitive platform it might be fun but its sad when you win 2 games and you lose 2 games that could have been a draw because the people on your team are too impatient... when you have the lead there is no reason to play to someone else's comfort zone. But you end up losing the best of 3 games because people are just retarded so yeah.

simpler solution would be to add healthpacks.
    sure. if characters like roadhog and soldier couldn't pick them up.

its already pretty bad honestly. as a competitive platform it might be fun but its sad when you win 2 games and you lose 2 games that could have been a draw because the people on your team are too impatient... when you have the lead there is no reason to play to someone else's comfort zone. But you end up losing the best of 3 games because people are just retarded so yeah.
    This seems more like a player problem then something Blizzard could fix by destroying specific hero's in the 3vs3 comb.

Also if the self-healing abilities of certain characters are to much Blizzard will look into that and if needed fix it but to have a specific nerfs in a single play mode will never happen. We know from WoW that abilities that act differently in pvp and pve are limited to just a few (mostly CC) to keep the game itself simpel and understandable for everybody.

This seems more like a player problem then something Blizzard could fix by destroying specific hero's in the 3vs3 comb.

Also if the self-healing abilities of certain characters are to much Blizzard will look into that and if needed fix it but to have a specific nerfs in a single play mode will never happen. We know from WoW that abilities that act differently in pvp and pve are limited to just a few (mostly CC) to keep the game itself simpel and understandable for everybody.
    lol dude there is no pve in overwatch save a halloween event. You don't need to nerf self healing if health packs are on the map. Two big ones and 4 little ones would be enough that anyone who can get away can heal back up. The mode is never going to be perfectly balanced when some heroes are designed for objectives. What you need to practice on your team is fragging.

Self healing isn't an issue, I have repeatedly killed players with self healing without issue. Pure upfront damage can't be healed through fast enough and the only time it matters is if they can sneak away to heal up. Roadhog has a big ass hitbox and his life dips pretty quickly. This isn't a question of 'is this balanced', this is a question of 'I don't like changing to counter my opponent.'
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-11-29 at 04:03 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.