Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    There's a server with Xavius still alive? Fucking hell.
    Garona us man.

On my small server, they range 500-800G. A sale run usually nets anywhere from 75-100K depending on buyers. Probably about 115 runes? Enough for a week easily.

The bigger issue is our economy doesn't even have close to that number of runes for sale.

The benefit they provide is minuscule. If you don't want to pay for it, you will barely be losing anything.
    If you want to be the absolute bleeding edge, that's the price you need to pay.

Play tank class, get weak aura to tell you when tank or dps are needed for LFR or heroic dungeon. Queue get bonus item.........Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Why would you use them on let's say the first pull on a new boss?
    There is no point in using them until you are with a few % of a kill. Work out the strats, hone them into shape, then use them.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    There is no point in using them until you are with a few % of a kill. Work out the strats, hone them into shape, then use them.
    Unless the strat specifically requires dps, like cenarius burn strat. Once the tank figures out how to tank 2 dragons and not die, I think its time to go hard and rune up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Unless the strat specifically requires dps, like cenarius burn strat. Once the tank figures out how to tank 2 dragons and not die, I think its time to go hard and rune up.
    Yeah, but even on Cenarius, you can spend the first ten pulls figuring out healer cooldown rotations, positioning, wisp detonations, etc, before you really need to use the runes. Cenarius is a bit different too, in that you can reset him without a wipe - lose two people early? Just reset him by having the drake tank run into the water, and you've just saved the raid eighteen runes. Something like Il'gynoth, where it's still a dps check at the end, you can save runes until you're hitting enrage in the second heart phase, since before that it's about optimizing damage and strategy more than a marginal increase in primary stats.

I sell those for money, don't really see the point using. I forecast an infinite rune item with hefty price anytime in future.

Deleted
    Bigger question is when will we see a unlimited rune again like we had at the end of WoD?

We're almost 5/7 m mythic and nobody uses them in our guild. I'm waiting for a reusable one like we got in 6.2

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    Am I the only one who hates these things? Why introduce things that make the game more hardcore for hardcore players? Just because I am raiding Mythic doesn't mean I want even MORE things to manage and do. Now I have to keep buying this dumb crap and use probably 20-30 a week on progression. That's extra time needed to farm tens of thousands per week for this minimal, shitty buff.

Hardcore players can have a life too, damn it.
    Or be smarter about the usage and only start using them closer to a kill and not from the 1st pull.

If you're so hardcore you should have plenty of gold from carries to just buy them off the AH