Sub(and maybe the other two) AOE DPS and the thought of CT

Someone on a reddit post brought up bringing back Crimson tempest..

What are your guys thoughts? I think this has the potential to really help our AoE DPS and bring more to mythic + and make for a more unique rotation on AoE mobs that either, die fast or live long enough to also have nightblade on them? I don't know, it's just to have an open discussion, this is a really good idea and talking about it will maybe refresh blizzards mind about how to fix our AoE.

well sub has a trait that boosts damage of shuriken storm by alot. "Second Shurken" Shuriken Storm has a chance per target hit to deal 33.8% of attack power additional physical damage, Damage increased by 200% with stealthed or when SD is active.

Still hardly enough at all and with the announcement (of course not live yet) PTR change to shadow nova only losing more of our AoE DPS, rogue DPS is just missing something, it can't compete in mythic+ like warriors, DKs, ferals, hunters and mages can. In around mythic 5 (easy enough) my fury friend can easily pull 1m DPS with just one ability (odyn's fury) while if I SS 2-3 Times get an evis off, that's only about 350-500k DPS depending on how many mobs there are and if I can get any nightblades up.

I'm a little bias being a sub rogue rather than assass but looking at logs and seeing the highest sub rogue only completing mythic 13 and getting out DPS'd by a guardian druid is just a little unnerving.

Deleted
    @incru the 200% damage increse are for the proc. it basicly says that the proc is effected by the damage boost from shadowdance.
    @Discostick
    sub has good burst dps, but not as good as some other classes.
    the biggest problem is that rogue get outclassed by other classes, ww are basicly better rogues atm for m+.

i dont rly know how to fix this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Discostick View Post
    Still hardly enough at all and with the announcement (of course not live yet) PTR change to shadow nova only losing more of our AoE DPS, rogue DPS is just missing something, it can't compete in mythic+ like warriors, DKs, ferals, hunters and mages can. In around mythic 5 (easy enough) my fury friend can easily pull 1m DPS with just one ability (odyn's fury) while if I SS 2-3 Times get an evis off, that's only about 350-500k DPS depending on how many mobs there are and if I can get any nightblades up.

I'm a little bias being a sub rogue rather than assass but looking at logs and seeing the highest sub rogue only completing mythic 13 and getting out DPS'd by a guardian druid is just a little unnerving.
    well i run mythic+ as outlaw but my buddy who runs sub, has the legendary cloak and he does good AOE dps with it as well as good ST
    so yeah it can be done you just need that cloak :P

and btw ferals suck dick in mythic+

but i mean, sub isnt really supposed to do high AOE especially not easily

I average 500k plus dps in mythic plus then again I'm 880 with all dps traits and cloak plus satyr walk but yah once you get cloak your dmg is insane

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalon View Post
    I average 500k plus dps in mythic plus then again I'm 880 with all dps traits and cloak plus satyr walk but yah once you get cloak your dmg is insane
    whats the statement from this.
    the boots boost your damage significantly and make the rotation idiot proove.
    the back is probably the best aoe damage increese.

but the average player dont have the luxury to get the right legendary(s).
    and this doesent solve the issue that other classes are better fitting.

For Assas if they increase the proc chance of the poison bomb (while reducing the damage to compansate) spec would be golden for anything aoe.