Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I wonder how the people who find Skittering lame would have fared when threat was actually relevant ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krom2040 View Post
    In the good old days, it's also worth nothing that most dungeons weren't so brutally tuned so that a DPS would get splattered the moment they pulled aggro. That's really not the case with these high-end Mythic+ dungeons.
    Someone obviously never played TBC.
    TANKS (with adequate ilvl gear) were getting splattered by some big mob the moment they pulled aggro (like the Blood Furnace Felguards or the Underbog Giants).
    Last edited by Akka; 2016-11-23 at 03:11 PM.

when we did scholomance in vanilla, you'd need:
    a rogue, specced into imp sap
    a mage to sheep
    a priest to mc
    a lock to fear
    a warrior to tank
    The trash packs didnt have affixes...just big, hard hitting mobs that took a long time to kill, that one shotted casters, that had to be cleared before engaging the boss.
    basically, it was M+
    and yes, we bitched about it

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    In TBC trash hit pretty hard, so no you really didn't want to pull aggro, at least in some instances.

However it's way harder to hold threat on skittish than it ever was in TBC as a tank that knew what they were doing. Right now if you have DPS with a brain they will absolutely pull aggro unless the tank actually has burst CDs for a certain pack of mobs, those CDs are stated as a "CD" for a reason, in that once you use them you won't have them for the next pack. So while I don't have problems typically holding aggro off of good DPS with skittish on some packs, there are packs where they have to sit on their dicks and do nothing, or risk dying because again.. if they are 'good' they can and will pull aggro.

Skittish with horrible tanks is an absolute nightmare. Skittish with great DPS is still not fun for tanks because you're going to be taunt spamming constantly, no matter how good your DPS is. It's simply not an option at times to sit there on your hands as a tank waiting for CDs to be up, to ENSURE that you won't lose aggro.

I fully recognize the affix is meant to slow down groups, enforce CC more and make people do more focusing rather than cleave/AoE. My problem is some classes like DH/Monk basically have their ST/Cleave/AoE built into the same buttons and if they press their buttons like they are suppose to, well, they are going to go splat. Meanwhile you bring more ST oriented melee like enhancement or retribution and as long as they focus the target the tank is on, they aren't going to die, or at worst they will pull one mob off of you momentarily.

The affix fucks some melee up pretty unfairly, puts a heavy priority on range DPS (bigger threat threshold) and favors hunters/rogues greatly.

TLDR; It's fine for me, but seriously, if you know how to play the melee DPS who has AoE/Cleave built into their ST rotation, you're probably going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    TANKS (with adequate ilvl gear) were getting splattered by some big mob the moment they pulled aggro (like the Blood Furnace Felguards or the Underbog Giants).
    I absolutely did play TBC, and yes, there were some mobs that hit very hard. Mobs that hit hard are not in themselves very difficult, as you can generally find ways to cheese them are use cooldowns effectively. The overall level of challenge in these Mythic+ dungeons is significantly harder.

Anyone complaining about skittish doesn't understand how skittish works. My group (myself included) complained about skittish non stop until last week, when we decided it couldn't possibly be as random and annoying as it was, and took some time to figure it out. Now, skittish as an affix for us is basically "does nothing, but you now have 2 minutes less on your overall timer", my personal favorite affix. And this is coming from what is possibly the lowest threat tank, Guardian druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom2040 View Post
    I absolutely did play TBC, and yes, there were some mobs that hit very hard. Mobs that hit hard are not in themselves very difficult, as you can generally find ways to cheese them are use cooldowns effectively.
    It's pretty contradictory to say "they are not hard, they just requires to play smart and be creative and find ways to compensate".
    The overall level of challenge in these Mythic+ dungeons is significantly harder.
    I haven't found so, at least not until it reaches +7 or +10.

It's pretty contradictory to say "they are not hard, they just requires to play smart and be creative and find ways to compensate".

I haven't found so, at least not until it reaches +7 or +10.
    tbc heroics werent that hard with a notable exception in timed shattered halls and that was mostly because alot of classes didnt have reliable CC and alot of classes, while having alot of (useless) spells on bars, lacked plenty of tools, but when you went there with mage, lock and rogue/hunter, it was easy, I am pretty confident, that for example some of the first packs in valor +4 teeming, especially the triple thundercaller pack and the one up the stairs after hymdall, are far harder to deal with in appropriate gear than anything in tbc 5man

Deleted
    I wonder how the people who find Skittering lame would have fared when threat was actually relevant ^^
    In vanilla & TBC you didn't have timers, except for baron 45. That's the main culprit here - remove timers & you'll do intelligent pulls with CC & focus order like in the old times.

In vanilla & TBC this was the game's meta, you didn't spend 5 weeks aoe-zerging everything that's alive and then one week watching your aggro.

In vanilla & TBC if you had the gear & the exp, you could do shadow labyrinth or shattered halls AoE-ing those packs of 6-8.

In vanilla & TBC other classes were fked, warriors weren't. Ofc there are warriors out here completing +15 skittish in time. But we have revenge on CD, thunder clap on CD, neltharion on CD and that lvl 100 talent on CD. MM+ was never meant to be really balanced, but some specs are screwed by some affixes and prot warriors-skittish is one of these situations. Shoutouts to blood DKs trying to tank necrotic this week in Europe, hope blizzard finds you something as nice as thunder clap + mass stun + double intercept + heroic leap with 15sec CD & speed boost.

Can't remember those Felguards, but I remember Blood Furnace being one of the easier heroics tank-wise. And again, the game's meta has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by 92isurlachatte View Post
    Can't remember those Felguards, but I remember Blood Furnace being one of the easier heroics tank-wise. And again, the game's meta has changed.
    There were 3 fel guards (5)? at the very end before last boss. If someone died you would just kite them to finish. They did hit very hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Still can't remember about them :/ Guess we used CDs.

Gear really mattered at the time & there was a huge difference between going to heroics with normal gear & going to heroics with heroic/t4+ gear.

I remember indeed that shadow labyrinth was hard af at first. You.

I miss a bit those times. I don't miss aggro because it was a shit mechanic, but I miss the times when pull was a real science, CCs were a thing and you had to watch closely your aoe spells range.

Deleted
    To be fair, Skitish isnt that awful it just suits other tanks, pref. dk with 2 taunts can do way better than warrior. I think skitish is on par with other mechanics and you only see it as poor because warrior tanks are the weakest for this affix, but remember you outperform other tanks for different affixes like necrotic, if you take DK tank to necrotic dungeon it will be pain, because his selfhealing will be non existent (his main survivability).

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    Isn't not going full on aoe, and focusing the tank's target instead kind of a counterplay to skittish?
    Im playing havoc DH. I wait few seconds till tank grab a pack of mobs, then I fel rush in and just chaos strike something, then Inner demon proc from my artifact tree and crit everything in that group for 500k. Then I keep fel rushing around the room and try to not die while 10 mobs chasing me, yeah great affix so much fun.

Oh and dont even try use any CDs like chaos blades, meta or anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, Skitish isnt that awful it just suits other tanks, pref. dk with 2 taunts can do way better than warrior. I think skitish is on par with other mechanics and you only see it as poor because warrior tanks are the weakest for this affix, but remember you outperform other tanks for different affixes like necrotic, if you take DK tank to necrotic dungeon it will be pain, because his selfhealing will be non existent (his main survivability).
    That the problem. Mighty warriors was OP since pre patch and don't like to be shit at something. Just remember when IP was nerfed and how many cry and tears we saw haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Then I keep fel rushing around the room and try to not die while 10 mobs chasing me, yeah great affix so much fun.
    Don't blame affix - blame your tank. As tank i meet dps who kills mobs in row during bolstering (not at same time as needed). What? I should now blame affix?