Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

CoS last boss requiring 450k dps

Tried this bos on plus 10 tyrannical, we had one dps doing 450k and two doing over 300k, never got close. I dont think he can be killed with dps who are not at least 870, yet it drops 865 gear, how crazy is that?

That slot machine chance at titanforged doesn't seem very inticing does it.

We had the same problem a few weeks ago, all doing 350k and it was impossible. At 35% of HP he was killing us in the phase of the copies.

Consideration has to be made for the 880(@10) chest, which is why the general loot level before procs from M+ is unrewarding. Right now you can literally spam out 4-6 pieces of 865-870 loot per hour, all week by using the dungeon finder (you will never run out of keys in practicality).

Now when you're able to spam, it has to be weaker anyway otherwise people could spam out BiS easily. This is counterbalanced by the 'chance' at getting mythic equivalent gear from getting 2-3 warforge procs, sockets, or similar.

As for CoS itself - we did a CoS 10 last week I believe with 2 around 450k & 1 around 350k - and the main thing holding us back was personal mistakes on the surges / other things causing us to lose someone early. Now yes, he's out of line with any other dungeon. CoS 10 is on a similar level to DHT/Eye 12 if you don't spam reset for good buffs / have the RNG gods smile on you, and those ones are considered hard ones as is.

Regardless what could you guys have done? Were you double potting the boss? (best dps pot at start, prolonged power second), BL? would it have served you better to rerun for better buffs? Why not run up ANY other +10 if you really couldn't do melandrus?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Is this a problem? Why do you have to be able to do m10 in trash gear?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobrogost View Post
    Is this a problem? Why do you have to be able to do m10 in trash gear?
    is this a problem? yes, a boss dropping 865 that can't be killed unless 875 is indeed a problem.

Just because you had x iLvl in a group doesn't mean the players played their class the right way.

Though yes, Tyrannical CoS is a bitch, but it's still doable. +15 maybe not, but +10 should be fairly easy.

Deleted
    The problem with that boss is that he ramps up over the course of the fight. Now this isn't a problem per say, it's just boss mechanics. But when paired with Tyrannical he becomes quite the monster.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Just because you had x iLvl in a group doesn't mean the players played their class the right way.

Though yes, Tyrannical CoS is a bitch, but it's still doable. +15 maybe not, but +10 should be fairly easy.
    "Fairly easy"?

That dude with Tyrannical is seriously next-level
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

Ok, then link log of you doing it at 860 ilvl.

Deleted
    I second Dobrogost's motion. Why should you be able to complete +10 tyrannical CoS if your party is not up to snuff. M10+ is content designed for people dedicated to "high" pve/dungeon content. Sometimes it's a little easier, and the so called "average Joe" can blow through it aswell. There's no reason you should be able to plow through content that is not on your level yet. On that note, CoS is only slightly overtuned in comparison to other dungeons. Leaves you something to look forward to when you get better, and get better gear.
    Having said that, I've only completed CoS tyrannical on +13, +14 is out of reach at the moment. The average dps of the 3 dps was around 450-500.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    is this a problem? yes, a boss dropping 865 that can't be killed unless 875 is indeed a problem.
    If you can't do 450k on a short fight without having 875 gear you're not playing close to optimally

Man... times sure have changed since I last did CoS.

I was so psyched at getting my bronze drake mount...

it's a repeatable source of gear, not to mention the wf and tf procs. so it droping 865 is totaly fair.

Ok, then link log of you doing it at 860 ilvl.

i be surprised if they are not all 875

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Man... times sure have changed since I last did CoS.

I was so psyched at getting my bronze drake mount...
    Made me giggle a bit :P

On topic - the boss is fairly not doable with Tyranical affix - 186 mln HP and a lot to melt before he kill you on 4th, if OP healer and def cd stacking, 5th slicing wind. I am amazed at people claiming that they have done +12 and claiming that only 15+ is overtuned. They are either 880+ ilvl or lying.

Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    it's a repeatable source of gear, not to mention the wf and tf procs. so it droping 865 is totaly fair.
    40% of getting gear, less than 5% being titanforged, dropping the right stats god knows the chance, you do the math

Please stop acting like higher item level gear is the only way to increase your dps
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    Made me giggle a bit :P

On topic - the boss is fairly not doable with Tyranical affix - 186 mln HP and a lot to melt before he kill you on 4th, if OP healer and def cd stacking, 5th slicing wind. I am amazed at people claiming that they have done +12 and claiming that only 15+ is overtuned. They are either 880+ ilvl or lying.
    It was 4 resets ago that I did CoS +10 the first time, ~865 gear on me the healer. Tank was OS(normally DPS), 1 DPS was main healer. It wasn't easy by a long shot, but doing the tactics right etc we required 370k DPS for less than 3 minutes. I could heals us to the middle of the 6th slicing back then (provided no-one ate the bleed, which is easy to avoid). Quite frankly if your healer can only handle 4 winds this means that you are either; 1) low geared 2) Not using defensives/healthpots 3) eating the bleed 4) simply reaching the max you can do until you get further gear.

M+ (especially 10+) is supposed to be hard, you will need to wipe and practise to clear sometimes and find out that the next time you can make the timer because you now know how/what to do.

People need to understand that it is OKAY to not be able to clear the higher end stuff. M+ is there to provide everyone with a challenge, so naturally the higher + are there to push the people farming gear and min/maxing obsessively... AKA if you can't kill it that does not mean it's impossible.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Please stop acting like higher item level gear is the only way to increase your dps
    If you are playing your spec optimally, isn't gear PRECISELY the only way to increase your dps?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez