Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The code on the back end is not open source. All of the relevant information to how a shadow priest is simulated is available on the wiki and open source.

The nuts and bolts of how the simulator chooses actions, advances time, etc. can be explained upon request if there is something in particular that you are wondering about.
    Mr. Robot Developer and Designer.

Follow Mr. Robot on Twitter or Facebook for updates, feature releases, bug fixes.

Is this the basic ww w.askmrrobot .c om/wow/theory/rotation/amrpriestshadowdefault?spec=PriestShadow&version=live APL/rotation it follows then? Or is there something on the backend that might dictate that you do something in a different order?

As to my character, this is Shardstorm: htt p:/ /us .battle .n et/wow/en/character/barthilas/Shardstorm/advanced

I'd need to talk to my officers about sharing logs, we had a recent issue with poaching. I can probably get you added directly to the guild group on Warcraft Logs if you're that interested though.

Edit: Digging a bit deeper, it seems like the Simulation falls over on lower fight lengths. A 2.5 minute fight I pull significantly less DPS than on a 3.5 or 5 minute fight.

See:

http:/ /ww w.askmrrobot.co m/wow/simulator/report/e2975dc32e344d73956e5104fe115dc2
    http:/ /ww w.askmrrobot.co m/wow/simulator/report/5d03bba3e67945f5a7a7ac20dd3ed99a
    http:/ /ww w.askmrrobot.co m/wow/simulator/report/dcedc1f9f16a429fbae54294fe6f8aec
    Last edited by Shardstorm; 2016-11-24 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Added additional information

On the really low fight length, it creates a really awkward timing for your character.

What is happening is that the boss script is using bloodlust at 30%. But, on a fight this short, that means that you are getting lust at a point when your voidform stacks are so high that it isn't helping you. The function that decides how long your surrender can last is counting on that bloodlust helping you out... but it isn't really. You can see that if I change that fight to lust on the pull instead:
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...c71b1f08d1b90d

The results are much better.

So, it looks like I would need to try to add some more logic around bloodlust... I would need to know when it will be used. If it is used too late, it doesn't really help you at all.

The DPS is still going to be lower on that shorter fight because dying early at all more heavily penalizes your DPS. Making it more difficult to get high DPS, on average. Also, the variance in the fight length of +/- 18.75 seconds is making it sometimes worth using one voidform before surrender, and sometimes not. That increases the variance a lot and pulls the average down as well.

I think I could also get the simulator to squeeze out some more damage with a bit of optimization around the legendary shoulders.
    Last edited by Swol; 2016-11-24 at 05:31 AM.

Follow Mr. Robot on Twitter or Facebook for updates, feature releases, bug fixes.

Is there an option or way for me to place bloodlust on pull like you did? Or see where it is used? I see the Rotation, Boss Fight, or Disabled options. I'd guess rotation would use it on pull. I'm also curious what you'd change with the Legendary Shoulders? Essentially it just rewards what is already the correct play.

Yeah, the rotation uses bloodlust on the pull for all specs. Setting that option to "rotation" will do that. Some of the boss scripts have a bloodlust time keyed to a specific phase of the fight, like Ursoc's enrage.

The shoulders will let you start your last voidform with a few stacks of the haste buff, which will let you get another 2-3 seconds of duration. So, it's a slight adjustment, but, might as well put it in there. It increases DPS slightly. It doesn't change the actions you choose, just the function that predicts when to start the S2M phase.