Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I just want them to kill off the cancer that is the current Quickening playstyle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    With overpowered talent if it stays as it is arcane is gonna be monster in m+ .
    if overpowered stays as is (i really hope so), it will make Arcane mage also a monster in pvp..

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Careful now, some people [on my ignore list] will say: "you're wrong, Arcanse sucks for m+", that "you're probably only doing M+2" and "you need to provide logs". Then, when you go through the effort to list the logs because they asked (logs are usually unlisted due to other guilds poaching high percentile members), they will choose not to look them up and say you never provided them.

Aracane has been absolutely amazing for me up to +13. I haven't been able to dish out DH/Rogue/Enh Shaman numbers (between 400k-470k average) as fire, now It's pretty doable.

Admittedly, this was with the Q exploit. I'm not sure it will still be possible. The changes on PTR are welcomed, though they are a nerf for those exploiting Q.
    lol mascarpwn AE?

Deleted
    I just want them to kill off the cancer that is the current Quickening playstyle.
    What's wrong with Quickening?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheeya View Post
    What's wrong with Quickening?
    Quickening makes the Conserve Phase absolutely horrific to play.

Deleted
    Quickening makes the Conserve Phase absolutely horrific to play.
    Wouldn't the new legendary helm help with that? Make the conserve phase shorter that is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheeya View Post
    Wouldn't the new legendary helm help with that? Make the conserve phase shorter that is.
    To be honest, I think the current Quickening playstyle will be dead with the new patch anyway.

I think they have with the fact that Quickening no longer stacks off of Arcane Missiles and that each stack of quickening increases mana costs by 3%. There's just no way that I can see to reasonably get to larger stacks. It's nice now that the duration is 10 seconds and 5% per stack but you're going to have to ABarr pretty fast to not just go flat oom in seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by waat View Post
    lol mascarpwn AE?
    Was thinking the same thing. Only person I know who kept insisting they were performing superbly in m+, while claiming to have logs showing the fact but never actually providing any logs.

+1 for current quickening playstyle dying soon. I don't want to stress about mana PLUS quickening stacks.

I miss arcane. Fire is ok, but there's something about shooting missiles at bosses that gets me excited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quickening is alright but I can't say that I'll miss it when it's changed. Consensus (outside of this thread) seems to be that Overpowered will be the best 100 talent to take in 7.1.5 as of now with the current changes. I would imagine that the massive damage increase to Arcane Orb will make it picked more often in some situations as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

I have been maining Arcane since the beginning of the expansion, a part from a brief period of Fire after getting Sephuz's crap as first Legendary and getting angry for not being able to use it as Arcane.

The spec is fun and provides good numbers. M+, as soon as you get legendary legs, becomes almost trivial. The moment i can hit 5 targets, i can easily sustain 700k dps without using any of my mana. I hardly drink at all.
    Boss damage is absolutely top tier (although i still lose sometimes to my best melee comrades, depending on mechanics).

I think Blizzard has taken all the right decisions for the spec so far. Yes, we struggled at the beginning, but now we can provide awsome numbers provided one knows what he's doing, which is a good thing. We could cheese with a horrible mechanic through Quickening, that now got killed.

Going forward, i almost shudder at the thought of how insanely powerful we are going to be. Those Nighthold bonus sets were already looking pretty terrifying, then i saw the new legendary head... oh boy. It's gonna get insane.
    But we'll probably get a nerf once they see ingame datas. And you still have to drop the legendary, after all.