Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's why token price started to rise by quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    Yeah, sure you are buddy. I'm also an introvert and I also voice act in huge video games and MC conventions all the time. Boy, it sucks being so socially awkward.

My sympathies go out to the big C.
    Dont misunderstand between huge crowd of people you know are *happy* to see you between bunch of strangers you dont know what do to with them. But yes, theyre more awkward people than that ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    those metzen feels blizzcon really lacked the energy he brought to the event, hope he gets on well, he should be very proud of what he accomplished at blizzard, but it sounds like he nearly worked himself to death

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    I'm curious though...Does anyone here even care about GC's constant frontpage spam?
    nope i dont

Yeah, sure you are buddy. I'm also an introvert and I also voice act in huge video games and MC conventions all the time. Boy, it sucks being so socially awkward.

My sympathies go out to the big C.

Egads, having to work for joy instead of for a living, do the blows never cease? Metzen is a regular modern day Job.
    You realize that's probably why he did voice acting instead of regular acting. When you voice act, you are alone in a studio and don't have to interact with other people most of the time. But keep mocking him for having a problem, ya douche bag.

I'm curious though...Does anyone here even care about GC's constant frontpage spam?
    I do, that was a great insight into the thinking behind death knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylalai View Post
    Haha.. Stop QQing like crazy and go take a look at some data.. Mages are fine currently, but they are not OP in any way. Fire is good in AE fights, but not at the top and middle of the pack in single target encounters. Frost/Arcane is good in ST, but not at the top. And especially Frost is shit in AE right now. And yes, I'm speaking about raid environment only..
    Im stating facts, basing my opinion only in facts. I think you need some data so I give it to you.

In every patch of every expansion mage had at least one spec in top 5 dmg, wtvr the sim or practical situation. Fact.
    Since legion was launched, every patch they talk about mages cause from what I see the best thing they do is QQ just like you did since you have no facts whatsoever. Fact.
    Their worst spec is better then entire classes like dk dh for example. Fact.
    The number of mages increased in legion increased more then any other class, and don't tell me that happens because mage is fun to play lol. Fact.

Interesting, regarding Metzen. I can imagine the pressure he was under - he wasn't just part of the time crunch for WoW, he was under the gun constantly. Classic burn out there - explains why he left a job and company he loves. It's interesting how gutted they were about Titan - we have no real idea what is actually was, but they seemed to have put a lot of passion and energy into it, and it seems to have fractured the team - which might explain some of the people leaving.

I hope he finds peace. Anxiety and panic attacks are no fun - he's a dad, too, and he needs to be there for his wife and kids, and if he's going through that...ugh. Not good.

i think the lesson here is balance - don't go down the rabbit hole too deep, keep connections to the outside world, and step out on a regular basis. I work in a pretty stressful job that deals with hardcore deadlines, I get it - and that's what I've done for years - leave work AT WORK, and don't spend more time there than necessary, and do things outside of work unrelated to it - even if it's video games.

panic / anxiety attacks are crippling, i called an ambulance the first time i had one, took me a couple of years to truly understand them and how to deal with them

Best of luck Chris

I do. It's good insight.

Sad to hear about the problems Metzen was having leading up to the retirement. But happy he's been able to move on from it. I imagine Thrall doing his thing is what Metzen wanted as well since he's his baby.

I hope he comes back to Blizzcon, if they do a lore panel for OW or WoW. Think that'd be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just find it kind of funny as everyone gave him shit while he worked for blizzard, and now suddenly everyone wants to hear when he talks about wow lol
    Yes i am interested in reading the reasons behind all those shit dessicions he made in that day. Often i thought. WHY DO THEY DO THIS during WotLK ... well ... now i get to read some of the reasons
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Well metzen, stop with cocaine and get a gf and your pathetic live will be more awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I do. It's good insight.
    i think its not, GC is the new mark kern.

Quote Originally Posted by PaterMDx View Post
    Well metzen, stop with cocaine and get a gf and your pathetic live will be more awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

i think its not, GC is the new mark kern.
    So mature. Also Kern made a failure of an MMO. GC went to an immensely popular game that still brings in a lot of users per month. Think I'd say he has it well in that situation.

Also.

He started having panic attacks and anxiety during the year or two leading up to his retirement. He didn't know they were panic attacks originally and ended up in urgent care where they couldn't find anything wrong with him.
    At one point he was in a state of constant panic for several days. His wife told him that it wasn't something he was just going to walk off and he went and got help. Deep down he knew he wanted to be done, but he didn't know how to accept it. He would have never let go of Blizzard or what he felt was his obligation to all of the people there if this hadn't happened.

I can understand that. Nobody wants to be in panic or be stressed when it comes to any kind of design project. It doesn't help. After a long time with a company I can understand his loyalty to them and not wanting to leave. Panic attacks are never good either. Glad to see he seems to have gotten past most of it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-11-18 at 11:15 AM.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Being Introverted doesnt mean you're socially retarded or anxious.

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    It is always kinda funny to read how Game Developers praise their old work and old Boss. Like it is Heaven on Earth. Meanwhile, in Crunchtime they put in 70-100hours per week. No matter how much you love your Job, that sounds just fucking wrong.
    It could be the typical. Screw around till crunchtime hits. Then they have to go oh shit.... need to get this done. The typical wait till the night before to do your paper syndrome.

Deleted
    Mage nerf's ?? Rofl !! By the the time these so called nerfs will hit live it will all be reverted into buffs i bet .
    They gotta keep up the apearance that they treat evry class equal lol .They will prob gut fire, but in the proces buff arcane to be OP as hell .
    Face it most devs play a mage .

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    It is always kinda funny to read how Game Developers praise their old work and old Boss. Like it is Heaven on Earth. Meanwhile, in Crunchtime they put in 70-100hours per week. No matter how much you love your Job, that sounds just fucking wrong.
    For some people their job is also their hobby. Putting 70-100 hours per week is something I would gladly do if that were the case for me. Not a single thing wrong with that.

Deleted
    Chris, you're the man. I hope you'll be fine soon. It was the right decision for I know how it feels to live with panic, anxiety and burn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fakenezz View Post
    Since legion was launched, every patch they talk about mages cause from what I see the best thing they do is QQ just like you did since you have no facts whatsoever. Fact.
    Their worst spec is better then entire classes like dk dh for example. Fact.

Okay.. Let's start going for the numbers.
    Warcraftlogs, last 2 Weeks, EN Mythic, 90th percentile:
    • Nythendra: #8 Havoc DH, #11 Fire Mage, #12 Frost DK, #15 Arcane Mage, #16 Frost Mage, #20 Unholy DK
    • Il'gynoth: #3 Havoc DH, #6 Arcane Mage, #10 Frost DK, #12 Fire Mage, #16 Unholy DK, #24 Frost Mage
    • Elerethe: #4 Fire Mage, #9 Havoc DH, #10 Arcane Mage, #14 Frost DK, #20 Frost Mage, #23 Unholy DK
    • Ursoc: #9 Havoc DH, #10 Frost DK, #11 Fire Mage, #13 Frost Mage, #14 Arcane Mage, #19 Unholy DK
    • Dragons: #3 Fire Mage, #7 Havoc DH, #8 Frost DK, #9 Arcane Mage, #13 Unholy DK, #14 Frost Mage
    • Cenarius: #11 Frost DK, #13 Havoc DH, #14 Unholy DK, #16 Arcane Mage, #18 Frost Mage, #20 Fire Mage
    • Xavius: #3 Fire Mage, #4 Frost Mage, #6 Arcane Mage, #9 Havoc DH, #14 Frost DK, #20 Unholy DK

Oh shit.. You were right! In one of 7 fights! Xavius.. Where all 3 mage specs excel because they can do split dmg to all tentacles.. Congratulations!

Get your goddamn facts straight next time, thanks.

Edit: Before you're screaming about "buuh 90th Percentile" Go check the 75th.. it looks almost the same.
    Last edited by Rylalai; 2016-11-18 at 01:16 PM.