Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No. Got a problem with it report us all to a moderator. You do not control what goes on in this forum. We we will discuss wherever we want unless told not to by a blue/green.
    Thanks for that tip, i just did that, i wasn't aware people could discuss whatever they wanted in whatever Thread, must be great to be this free and do whatever you want and post whatever you want anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    New day, new month, new hotfix and it's number 13, for the superstitious out there

Free goodie pack for the patient.

RIFT 4.0: Hotfix #13 2/1/2017

THANK YOU REWARD

* As a thank you for your continued patience, we’ve added a bonus weekly reward (claimable by one character per account in the RIFT Store) that will grant the following:
    - 5 Fortress Tokens.
    - 3-5 health/mana drinks sold by the Fortress Siege vendor.
    - 10 of each type of Cosmic Core
    - Instant Adventure Chest Rewards

GENERAL

* To combat people spam declining, you can now only decline one LFR queue pop within a certain period of time before being penalized.
    * You can no longer queue for LFR if you fail to meet any of the requirements. This is in hopes that people who do not meet the requirement for tank but queue as tank will notice that they were queued, just not as a tank.
    * Implemented additional LFR tweaks to reduce queue times.

UI AND SETTINGS

* Added Individual Reward charges to the currency tab of the character sheet.
    * Updated the day 14 calendar reward image.
    * Fixed some popups (including the recycle planar fragment confirmation) which may have blocked users from interacting with other UI elements.
    * Fixed an issue with recycling multiple Planar Fragments while auto loot is enabled.
    * Updated the Planar Fragment Inventory UI to have the option to recycle multiple fragments at a time.

CLASSES

CLERIC

WARDEN

* Alluvion Talent now correctly affects Legendary Healing Flood.

PRIMALIST

BERSERKER

* Legendary Icy Cleave duration increased to 30s.

MAELSTROM

* Legendary Scald no longer incorrectly benefits players other than the caster.
    Singed Spirit now only procs on damaging abilities. Fonts should no longer activate it.

ROGUE

ASSASSIN

* Poisons can no longer be purged.

BLADEDANCER

* The error message on Quick and Precision strike is now clearer.

MARKSMAN

* Munitions can no longer be purged.

NIGHTBLADE

* Weapon Enchantments can no longer be purged.

PHYSICIAN

* Legendary Maintenance Therapy no longer incorrectly works with Tactician Torrents.

RANGER

* Legendary Ace Shot now shows a reactive when it procs.
    * Legendary Call: Razorbeast now shows correct information in the buff tooltip.

WARRIOR

REAVER

* Soul Sickness, Necrotic Wounds, and Flesh Rot tooltips now correctly describe their initial damage. A bug has been corrected that caused the initial damage of these abilities to be inconsistent. They have been corrected.

RIFTBLADE

* Legendary Flamespear procs now correctly do Fire damage.

ZONES AND EVENTS

* Rifts – Wild, Wild, Wyrd – Taught the Ravenous Mire Toads to now attack and move correctly. Beware the frogue!
    * Increased the chance to get coin from humanoid NPC’s in Starfall Prophecy zones.

ALITTU

* Dungeonologist Cox and Cleidomanolist Manjax in Alittu now display the proper currency totals in the lower left hand side of the vendor UI.

XARTH MIRE

* The quest Clear the Forest is no longer a daily weekly quest, but a weekly weekly, as intended.

DUNGEONS AND RAIDS

DARKENING DEEPS

* Spiders no longer drop low-level loot in non-normal modes.

ADDONS

* Updated addons to show infusion level for Planar Fragments.
    * Updated Addon support for Planar Fragments to expose “infusionLevel” “fragmentTier” and “fragmentAffinity”
    * Updated Addon support to expose “maxHealth” stat on items
    * Updated Addon support for Inspect.Item.List to include fragment inventory
    * Updated Addon support to include Utility.Item.Slot.Fragments
    * Updated Addon support to include Command.Fragment.Recycle, which accepts an item, or list of items to recycle
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5286626

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems EU got this 'huge' hotfix as part of hotfix #13, NA will get it later today.

RIFT 4.0: Hotfix #14 2/3/2017

GENERAL

* The fortress event now spawns more invasions during the onslaught portion.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-3-2017-a.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to drag my Chloromancer out again, a few tweaks here and there in Hotfix #15.

RIFT 4.0: Hotfix #15 2/8/2017

== FEATURES ==

NEW EXPERT DUNGEON: GYEL FORTRESS

A new 5-Man Expert is now available at level 70 in Starfall Prophecy. Adventure into the domain of Lady Glasya and discover her dark dealings with the Oculons of Fire. A new title, Bane of the Bloodfire, is available for those who discover all the secrets that lie within!

== GAME UPDATE ==

GENERAL

* Fixed an issue with music in Alittu.

LOOKING FOR RAID

* Fixed an issue preventing players from being able to leave a raid after completing LFR.
    * You can now bypass the LFR queue if you queue with a full raid and it should be instant. It is not required that you have the proper raid composition when queuing for this but you still must meet the gear requirements.
    - Note: The roles displayed might not be relevant to what the boss requirements are.

SOULS

MAGE

CHLOROMANCER

* Rapidly casting Natural Healing now correctly grants stacks of Boon of Life as expected.

FROSTKEEPER

* Legendary Earthen Renewal now correctly consumes Opportunity procs granted by Warlock and Eldritch Armor procs granted by Harbinger.

DUNGEONS AND RAIDS

* Random Chronicles: Increased the level 66+ platinum reward for players completing random Chronicles.

GREENSCALE'S BLIGHT

* Fixed an issue with Infiltrator Johlen where if Devastating Bomb timed out, Shadow Phase would not be removed.

HAMMERKNELL FORTRESS

The achievement “Surviving Obliteration” has been correctly changed to a Legacy achievement and removed from the Hammerknell Conqueror achievement.

MIND OF MADNESS

* Fixed the following achievements: “It Can’t Be Done”, “Racing Towards Destruction”, “Envy and Ruin, Order, Chaos” and “Chaos, Order, Envy and Ruin”
    * Fixed the following achievements to grant the correct titles: “It Can’t Be Done” and “Conqueror: The Mind of Madness”

TOK'S PROVING GROUNDS

* Changed the Artifacts that come out of the Chest of Shiny things in Tok’s Proving Grounds from “Bind on Pickup” to “Bind to Account on Pickup”.

TRIUMPH OF THE DRAGON QUEEN

* Fixed an issue with the achievement “Superiority Complex” not being granted properly if Cyril was killed with Mien of Superiority.

INSTANT ADVENTURE

* Mind of Madness has been re-added to the Intrepid Adventures queue.

ITEM

* Starfall Prophecy Weapon runes can no longer heal enemies in certain circumstances.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-8-2017-a.html

Another upscaled expert, that's actually a pleasant surprise. But would be nice if 50% of the current experts in the game right now (a depressing 4 in total) weren't re-releases of existing dungeons. Uscaled re-releases are nice "bonus" content, they shouldn't make up literally half of a given type of content in an expansion.

Maybe it will at least distract folks from all the broken achievements for a few days : /

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Another upscaled expert, that's actually a pleasant surprise
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't an upscaled Gyel Fortress originally planned for 4.1 to fit in with the fire theme they were going for?

Not that I'm one ot complain about more content, but did it have to be Gyel? It's been less than 4 months since it was commonly run content and it already felt like a chore then, and it's not going to get any more exciting running it until the next expansion is out.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't an upscaled Gyel Fortress originally planned for 4.1 to fit in with the fire theme they were going for?
    Looking into it a bit, it seems that this was actually always the plan (to release early Feb, ahead of 4.1) so it's just news to me then. Right you are.

Not that I'm one ot complain about more content, but did it have to be Gyel? It's been less than 4 months since it was commonly run content and it already felt like a chore then, and it's not going to get any more exciting running it until the next expansion is out.
    Read a post from Brasse about something about porting old dungeons being super time consuming because of the way they're coded, which is why they chose a NT one. Makes sense, but it's still no less disappointing that they're upscaling such a recent dungeon compared to something that folks haven't chain ran for the past year+ : /

Yeah, but none of those players that ran it 4 months ago are still around probably. It's for all the new people that must be showing up in droves that have never seen any of the content pre-expansion. They don't care about keeping players around, they just want to keep up the appearance of stuff coming out so that new players come and play and it's still new to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Yeah, but none of those players that ran it 4 months ago are still around probably. It's for all the new people that must be showing up in droves that have never seen any of the content pre-expansion. They don't care about keeping players around, they just want to keep up the appearance of stuff coming out so that new players come and play and it's still new to them.
    Well they must be going to the main client because Steamcharts just dropped from 700 to high 500.

Deleted
    So you are saying "Acquisition>Retention"?
    You don't need to be a business analyst to see that's a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well they must be going to the main client because Steamcharts just dropped from 700 to high 500.
    I'm sure games like RIFT or Wildstar only have a minority on steam, as it was released years after Official release and is arguably the lesser of the two clients (on both games)
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    I'm sure games like RIFT or Wildstar only have a minority on steam, as it was released years after Official release and is arguably the lesser of the two clients (on both games)
    Entirely true, however it can be useful as a yardstick to see where similar games stand in relation to each other. It may not be 100% accurate, but it does give a rough idea of the overall trends in player numbers.

Of course, the only way to get a real figure is if the companies release them, but that's getting increasingly uncommon with MMO's. Most games that do it now use it as part of a publicity blurb, so they can quote stats like "100 million player accounts!", or "10000 new players every single day!". Naturally having come from the marketing deparment, I take their accuracy with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    So you are saying "Acquisition>Retention"?
    You don't need to be a business analyst to see that's a bad idea.
    Yeah, I know it's a bad idea. Trion apparently doesn't though. This has been a pattern with Rift for a while now I think. Ever since F2P really. That's what F2P felt like to me anyway. A huge slap in the face to all the vets who had been around forever in an attempt to bring in new players. From there, things just continued to go further and further downhill.

Yeah, I know it's a bad idea. Trion apparently doesn't though. This has been a pattern with Rift for a while now I think. Ever since F2P really. That's what F2P felt like to me anyway. A huge slap in the face to all the vets who had been around forever in an attempt to bring in new players. From there, things just continued to go further and further downhill.
    Oh please ever since F2P the games been going down the toilet. Quality has worsened, content has come out buggier and buggier and any form of criticism on the official forums has been shut down. The game is essentially done for. Starfall had no chance of being the saving grace from the moment it launched due to the mess it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not too often both EU and NA get patched together but today is one of those times, here's hotfix #16

RIFT 4.0: Hotfix #16 2/15/2017

RIFT STORE AND SERVICES

* Resolved an issue that could block accounts from adding a payment method within the RIFT Store.

LOOKING FOR RAID

* Fixed an issue with being unable to leave LFR without logging out.
    * If queuing with a full raid for LFR, you no longer need to meet the gear requirements or have any roles selected. The roles displayed might not be relevant to what is required for the boss.

SOULS

MAGE

WARLOCK

* Radiate Death now has a cooldown of 40 seconds and radiates to 2 targets (down from 6). Corrected a bug where Radiate Death would spread to less targets than intended and refresh DoTs in some cases.

PRIMALIST

MAELSTROM

* Singed Spirit no longer converts all damage to Ethereal when it procs. It instead increases all damage you deal by 12% when it procs.

ZONES AND EVENTS

* RIFTS
    :

The achievement Stonesurge Champion is now correctly given when 150 rifts are closed.

FORTRESS ASSAULT
    * Phase 1 of the Fortress Assault has it’s own timer to complete now. This should give people more time to gather for the more difficult phases of the event.
    * Hexathel now drops Planar Fragments in addition to its regular loot.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...15-2017-a.html

10+ Year Old Account
    This is probably the last hotfix before Update 4.1 drops this time next week.

RIFT 4.0: Hotfix #17 2/22/2017

GENERAL

* Trying to claim a unique item from the mail that you already have in your inventory now presents a prompt allowing you to destroy that mail.
    * The Surge Champion achievement to close 200 rifts no longer contain contradictory text.

LOOKING FOR RAID

* When queuing for LFR as a 10-man, it will no longer put you in as an LFR raid. It will now act as if you walked into the portal, and none of the LFR scripting will be in the instance. When finished, you can zone out and reset instances as if you had walked in the portal and then re-queue to get into a fresh raid.
    * Optimized the LFR matchmaking system to be faster.

ZONES AND EVENTS

ALITTU

* A new weekly quest to complete the Cracking Xarth’s Skull zone event is now available from Jinan Tawniks in Alittu.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...22-2017-a.html

too bad its been 3 months and they still can't fix "Please Recycle" quest

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look... more hotfixes - to make it appear like they're actually doing something to this flaming wagon going down a hill into the gunpowder kegs at the bottom.

RIFT forums are like watching a "car crash" video for amusement.

OVER THREE MONTHS INTO A B2P DLC AND THINGS PROMISED STILL DON'T WORK OR STILL AREN'T IN-GAME.

4.1 should just be called what it is going to be - like 4.0 - Live Beta!

That (apparently) junior dev team working on RIFT STILL can't get LFR to work.

Friggin' joke bunch of programming talent from the guys who brought you:
    "ROLL FOR MORE LOOT WITH YOUR WALLET" - according to the resident goat farmer, top CM, TrionBrasse, this is not "Pay to Win" - RIFT DEVs have to eat!
    "NO TRASH ON TRASH MOBS"
    "PLANAR FRAGMENTS"

and my favourite... devs who refer to "forcefully putting all players on one server and leave the others empty" as LOAD BALANCING - yeah, they apparently couldn't get Cross Zone Sharing working properly either.

Then there is the existing content - doing dungeons where apparently you are told by people in your group that you have to fiddle with sound and video settings so certain bosses don't crash.

Previous patch, they basically made LFR a glorified queuing system and apparently, it STILL doesn't work - because "math" is hard! ~ that's what dev RoughRaptors, SupermanSocks intimated.
    "If queuing with a full raid for LFR, you no longer need to meet the gear requirements or have any roles selected. The roles displayed might not be relevant to what is required for the boss."

Suggestion for a collective term for describing their dev team: "a #clusterfuck of RIFT devs"

People STILL having issues. No wonder they upscaled a raid from vanilla as their "new" content and even then, I'm betting it will also break the servers on launch. They'll probably blame the players again for not participating on the PTS.

Now, I see in this latest patch that they just threw in the towel with the fortress siege event too. I guess they couldn't fix the 10 second ability lag. tsk tsk. Can't even get a friggin zone event working. Junior dev team right there?

RIFT 4.0: Hotfix #18 2/24/2017
    FORTRESS SIEGE
    * Phase 2 of Cracking Xarth’s Skull now gives 30 minutes to complete, up from 25.

CAN'T FIX THE LAG, so extend the time /facepalm

Maybe it's time they just make the game opensource and let a real bunch of programmers fix it.

THIS IS THE CURRENT STATE OF RIFT.

BUYER BEWARE.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2017-02-24 at 05:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    One last hotfix to squeeze in before we get 4.1 next week.

RIFT 4.0: Hotfix #18 2/24/2017

FORTRESS SIEGE

* Phase 2 of Cracking Xarth’s Skull now gives 30 minutes to complete, up from 25.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...24-2017-a.html

@ theWocky
    it's kinda funny to realize things are actually that bad rift>clown fiesta