or prot pala
    or enhance shaman
    or BM hunter
    or holy pala
    or mutilate rogue
    or shadow priest
    etc

almost every single spec had a rank1 viable comp in the game

and it's ironic that the 2 most op class/specs (ele shaman and aff/dest warlock) didnt even make your list,
    did you even play wotlk?
    also assa rogues were mostly better than sub sub only really picked up in s8, and even then some comps used assa rogues
    I've main'd two characters since vanilla: Destro and Feral. Got 2,2k on them, I wasn't the best, of course, but I considered myself good enough... and stating that Destro was op... not sure if trolling or sarcasm.

Sure, you could melt people within a few seconds in a random bg, because you could cast for several seconds in a row. That never happened in high ranks, and Destro without casting dealt literally no damage (same goes for elemental).

Of course every single spec had a viable comp, that doesn't mean they worked in reality. Of course there were very good players playing those specs you've listed, but they were very rare, and they managed to made them viable, but they had a very hard time doing it by comparison to other specs.

Just consider: the number of players at high rank with the specs I've mentioned overwhelmingly shadows the ones you've mentioned.
    Last edited by Sylar Hao; 2016-11-24 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    I've main'd two characters since vanilla: Destro and Feral. Got 2,2k on them, I wasn't the best, of course, but I considered myself good enough... and stating that Destro was op... not sure if trolling or sarcasm.

Sure, you could melt people within a few seconds in a random bg, because you could cast for several seconds in a row. That never happened in high ranks, and Destro without casting dealt literally no damage (same goes for elemental).

Of course every single spec had a viable comp, that doesn't mean they worked in reality. Of course there were very good players playing those specs you've listed, but they were very rare, and they managed to made them viable, but they had a very hard time doing it by comparison to other specs.

Just consider: the number of players at high rank with the specs I've mentioned overwhelmingly shadows the ones you've mentioned.
    LSD was literally the best comp in s7-s8
    it had zero hardcounters
    and it had both a warlock and an ele shaman in it
    it was disgusting

destro was top tier, you went in with holy pala ele shaman destro lock into arena, used aura mastery and oneshot any melee basically
    if you think locks and elemental shamans werent top tier i dont know what game you were playing, but the entirety of the second half of wotlk was a big caster fiesta. it literally spawned the phrase "wizard cleave"

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Ya know, that's only his opinion on the balanced toward wrath. You don't have to bash on him all cause he sees things differently from you.

Infact, I thought all the classes from WoTLK were either JUST balanced, or too fucked just to even compare with in terms of duels and so forth. :/
    it's not really a matter of opinion tho is it? if something was OP it was played the most in tournaments/high ranks and vica versa
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-11-24 at 01:08 AM.

what wrath lol?
    You know there were two different legendaries that could be used in pvp then right?
    Nothing balanced about wrath pvp. At all.
    DK alone was broken for most of the expansion.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well i enjoyed Wrath it wasnt PVP balanced. Mostly because of death knights.
    Tank in any spec, dps in any spec.
    I believe i recall a arena ach / title (the flawless victor?) being removed because DK / Holy Pally comps if I'm not mistaken.

I did really enjoy wrath (and everything about it)

- - - Updated - - -

and the whining of the 3.0 (?) pre wrath changes that made Ret GODS.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    LSD was literally the best comp in s7-s8
    it had zero hardcounters
    and it had both a warlock and an ele shaman in it
    it was disgusting

destro was top tier, you went in with holy pala ele shaman destro lock into arena, used aura mastery and oneshot any melee basically
    if you think locks and elemental shamans werent top tier i dont know what game you were playing, but the entirety of the second half of wotlk was a big caster fiesta. it literally spawned the phrase "wizard cleave"

it's not really a matter of opinion tho is it? if something was OP it was played the most in tournaments/high ranks and vica versa
    But, it is a matter of opinion? In legion, you see a VAST range of classes, coming from rogues, DKs, paladins, warriors, hunters, and so forth, that or you say people play 1 class more than another, I mean, it's all about how you play the game the counts. And in this scenario, opinion is a good key. You might think that Wrath PVP was cool cause it was balanced, while I say that it wasn't due to the fact that there were more pallies/DKS in every PVP BG ever.

However, I might say that Legion pvp is balanced cause of the classes ideal damage/rotations, but you might hate it due to the reasons I hate wrath balance, or so forth. Simple.

Must we really argue towards this? Come on.

Hahaha what. Season 5 was probably the most imbalanced arena season in WoW's history.

Death Knight/Ret Paladin is why 2v2 stopped giving gladiator.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    But, it is a matter of opinion? In legion, you see a VAST range of classes, coming from rogues, DKs, paladins, warriors, hunters, and so forth, that or you say people play 1 class more than another, I mean, it's all about how you play the game the counts. And in this scenario, opinion is a good key. You might think that Wrath PVP was cool cause it was balanced, while I say that it wasn't due to the fact that there were more pallies/DKS in every PVP BG ever.

However, I might say that Legion pvp is balanced cause of the classes ideal damage/rotations, but you might hate it due to the reasons I hate wrath balance, or so forth. Simple.

Must we really argue towards this? Come on.
    well first of all rogues are pure garbage now
    but i also never said legion isnt balanced, all i did was argue with the other guy saying wrath wasnt, it was, or rather it had a perfect imbalance (as ive said before)

being balanced doesnt mean the game's good, even if legion is balanced(i wouldnt really know all i do anymore is do skirmishes for fun, i have no inclination to play pvp anymore since it's been consistently getting worse and worse since wrath specifically because of overbalancing)

paladins DKs werent even that great outside the first 2 seasons anyway, it was all about casters and resto druids mainly, of course palas and DKs have had some good comps (like TSG) but the best comps were castercleaves and RMP basically.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dk+Holy Pally says hello
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Rogues, garbage, now? What?. Let me read that again. Rogues, garbage, now? What?

Considering this from healer point of view. Wrath was the worst time to heal in arenas(Was rshaman), matches took too long. Heck, we had a players going for a smoke in affli/rshaman vs affli/rshaman fights in 2s. 3s, if you played melee comps, it was fast if you got lucky and trained that healer or warlock well in 3s.. Cata was so-so, mixed feelings bout that. MoP was fun for 15 min til you met 2 melee's in 3s and never could cast anything. Charge the man in blue, yey. Will I live for enough SECONDS for my dps to burst them down or I die. WoD was same way imo. Legion tho, I am having fun. I can cast, I can pillar, I can dps if my team is fine, I am ooming, matches do not last too long. I have choices to be made for every team I face, new buttons, niches. Dunno but for me, so far legion is best pvp one. Mist is exstremly fun, hpala feels good and has a fun aspect if you wish (the last honor talent), rshaman is huge fun. Havent play'd rdruid or disc/holy but honestly, rdruid needs healing buffs in arenas for dampening, feel bad for them when I encounter them and dampening aint that bad yet, they oom.
    Last edited by Tinary; 2016-11-24 at 08:09 AM.

Deleted
    wotlk wasnt 100% but actually had some depth in pvp, nowadays I play warrior and all I do is pve rotation and coordinated cc nothing else

Having played a DK in 3.0 i can say that this must either be bait or just rose tinted glasses. I could solo 2v2 games as a dk.... does this not say something about the balance of DK's? Resto druids were close to invincible aswell. Not to even mention ShadowMourne LOLOLOL