Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Angry Shadow Priest Too OP !!!

They are the most op dps spec in the game.........every new raid priest just dominates the meters with s2m playstyle.

Emerald Nightmare Mythic:

warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#dataset=90

Trial of Valor Mythic:

warcraftlogs.com/statistics/12#dataset=90&sample=7

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

P.S - WHY KEEP NERFING OTHER SPECS WHEN THE TOP END GUILDS RUN 4+ SHADOW PRIESTS !!??
    Last edited by mmocf3075e4ec2; 2016-11-18 at 06:46 PM.

Cause S2M is risk and reward, top guilds can do it, average mouthbreathing priests cant, working almost as intended, they will only nerf it cause of class stacking, not because its OP.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They wouldn't have to even entertain the idea of nerfing S2M if the other two options weren't absolute shit in comparison.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Not really

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Cause S2M is risk and reward, top guilds can do it, average mouthbreathing priests cant, working almost as intended, they will only nerf it cause of class stacking, not because its OP.
    The skill of timing stm isn't nearly as hard as people try to make it out to be. There are plenty of add-ons that tell you the exact ideal time to pop it. Whoopdedoo. They are broken, blizzard knows it so they are nerfing them. Not nearly enough though.

Deleted
    shadowpriest is garbage outside of s2m

Deleted
    why are you getting so butthurt about other classes? Perform within your own class. It helps the raid if one class is a bit too strong.

The problem with Shadow is that the top .1% of players are dictating changes which affect the other 99.9% of players. Yes, Shadow is broken. But Shadow is exceptionally broken in the hands of players who play at the highest level. To a point where it dramatically shifts the data in directions which make the spec seem much more powerful than it is in the hands of an average player. Coming into Legion I thought I'd enjoy the S2M playstyle but it's honestly extremely stressful and significantly impacts the level of fun I'm having while playing the game. So much so that I ended up quitting entirely.

S2M is an extremely poor conceptualization of an interesting idea. In theory, it's pretty cool. But in execution the risk/reward of the spec makes for a very unpleasant raid experience. You fuck up, you lag for 30 seconds, if literally anything happens to make you unable to attack for more than 1 second, you die. It's stupid. The game shouldn't have to be balanced around the existence of S2M and I hope at some point this expansion Blizzard mans the fuck up and simply redesigns the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    This is false.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    This is false.
    The 7.1.5 changes actually make Shadow outside of S2M even more potent. I really have no idea what Blizzard thinks they're doing with the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The 7.1.5 changes actually make Shadow outside of S2M even more potent. I really have no idea what Blizzard thinks they're doing with the spec.
    TBH I'm one of the main TC'ers for the spec and these recent changes are baffling. Regarding priests being OP, I actually chuckled when I read the title, literally have never seen that for shadow. The spec is on the OP side atm, however even without StM, shadow would be strong on Helya because that's our niche. Spread multiple targets that live for a long time. If the fight was more like say beast lord, you would have seen them stacking demon hunters or WW monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    TBH I'm one of the main TC'ers for the spec and these recent changes are baffling. Regarding priests being OP, I actually chuckled when I read the title, literally have never seen that for shadow. The spec is on the OP side atm, however even without StM, shadow would be strong on Helya because that's our niche. Spread multiple targets that live for a long time. If the fight was more like say beast lord, you would have seen them stacking demon hunters or WW monks.
    For Helya, I believe our mass dispel helps a lot, too.

The gameplay in theory is cool but the numbers are so whack. QA at blizzard must be terrible or the Spriest devs tried their damndest to sneak buffs past the testers.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's what happens when someone designs a talent that's too innovative for its own good. It's certainly the most unique buff spell in the game, with by far the worst drawback, so it has to offer the most benefit. Except things like that only lead to constant nerfs while trying to retain some sense of balance. You'd think the devs would realize this by now, but no. I guess Surrender to Madness is someone's precious baby, so they only offer token nerfs which make the spec "merely" 20% ahead instead of 100.

7.1.5 does attempt to nerf S2M once again, but it still doesn't offer any alternatives to that talent. It still comes back to "if the only real option is talent that kills you, you should be rewarded for taking such risk".

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    7.1.5 does attempt to nerf S2M once again, but it still doesn't offer any alternatives to that talent. It still comes back to "if the only real option is talent that kills you, you should be rewarded for taking such risk".
    If they nerf S2M and make us stronger outside of S2M, we're still in the same boat. That's what is perplexing about the 7.1.5 changes. Hopefully we'll see more in the next few PTR builds.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    That's what happens when someone designs a talent that's too innovative for its own good. It's certainly the most unique buff spell in the game, with by far the worst drawback, so it has to offer the most benefit. Except things like that only lead to constant nerfs while trying to retain some sense of balance. You'd think the devs would realize this by now, but no. I guess Surrender to Madness is someone's precious baby, so they only offer token nerfs which make the spec "merely" 20% ahead instead of 100.

There have been similar things in the past. BoS was gameable and incredibly strong if used properly -- got heavily nerfed. FoE was originally gameable and could be extended for over 1 minute (had 1m CD) -- got heavily nerfed.

The sad thing is that these kinds of gameplay were highly skill based and required great execution (FoE was impossible if you needed to move, for instance). They had huge potential as a possible core class mechanic even if tied solely to a talent. They were heavily nerfed for being too strong.

I really don't understand why StM gets to stay and why simultaneously they don't pursue this kind of thing as a general design mechanism -- very hard to execute talents (or very niche) that have huge rewards. They tend to nerf them all off because even though people actually enjoy the high level of play required to use them, Blizzard hates that. Remember, they nerfed Demo because it was too hard to play well and they didn't want the best spec to have such a high skill cap (jackiechan.png).

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    For Helya, I believe our mass dispel helps a lot, too.
    Yeah, I'm sure the big StM DPS at the end also helps a ton.

The skill of timing stm isn't nearly as hard as people try to make it out to be. There are plenty of add-ons that tell you the exact ideal time to pop it. Whoopdedoo. They are broken, blizzard knows it so they are nerfing them. Not nearly enough though.
    It's not about the timing though, it's about staying alive to reach your full potential. Playing flawlessly on other classes is one thing. Playing flawlessly with 200%+ Haste and almost nonexistant GCD is another beast entirely. 1 wrong GCD = Dead SP. S2M was fun and interesting the first couple of weeks of Legion. Now it's just annoying as fuck. I think ppl who don't play Shadow underestimate how annoying the "and then you die, horribly" part of S2M is.

Any spell with that kind of risk, should be strong, or it should have the risk removed, and made into a normal functional CD instead.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    good thing they have s2m
    Hi Sephurik

Doesn't matter if shadow priest is shit outside s2m.

Doesn't matter if only so called pro players can achieve such high dps.

What matters is that it is achievable, and it should not.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, 1300k dps is not overpowered? I don't give a fu.. what effort he did put to get that 1300k dps. The outcome is clearly op, you don't even have to think about it.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    Last edited by Wenoxar; 2016-11-19 at 01:28 AM.

They need to drop the whole "you die when its over" thing and just make it a flat damage cd and rebalance the spec and talents. Relying on one talent to even make a spec viable is pretty shitty, specially when the spec is complete garbage outside of that talent.